www.wmdolls.com

should I be concerned?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
xeffects
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

should I be concerned?

Post by xeffects »

Your main site loads up fine on my computer but the minute I click shopOnline which takes to wmdollshop.com my antivirus throws a threat warning based on a .gif file linked from some yrdoll site. Further more when I registered, my google e-mail advised "This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be." Any ideas what might be causing these triggers? This is not normal for a website and you would think there would be measures in place.

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Re: should I be concerned?

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Even for legit doll sites like that, it may trigger your antivirus depending on what kind you have. I can go to WM's site no problem, but if I try to look at YL's site, alarms go off. But they're completely legit and there's no reason...so why does it do it? Who the hell knows.

FYI i've got Avast. What do you have?

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

While the vendors are legit, someone could use the site to infect your computer if they've found a way in. Though it is possible the antivirus is giving a false alarm.

I'd not risk it anyways.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Yeah, I wanna know how to get past my antivirus freaking out. You know, I cannot access YL's site at all, ever. I have no idea how to override Avast freaking out. There was a thread on this a few months back, but no one figured it out I don't think.

ExMachina
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ExMachina »

It is probably Avast Webshield in particular that is blocking certain websites. You could uninstall the webshield component of Avast or disable it in your web browser. Alternately, you could try to whitelist the particular website in Avast. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post external website links in this forum, so I'm going to refrain from doing so, but if you go on Google and type "whitelist websites Avast" you should get enough info to help you in this matter.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

It's my understanding that WM intentionally sells its dolls for higher prices than its vendors, so if you have your eye on a particular model, shop around on some of the legitimate vendor sites. You might score a deal.

Which doll in particular were you looking for? Someone might know where it's cheapest.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

You may want to consider that these days software in general is made to be usable by an unqualified audience - mostly because that allows for a much broader audience and hence far larger sales.
Now in order to have that "unaware" or "clueless" public be able to enjoy and continue using their devices( and provide lots of nice data for those interested) said devices need to be somewhat protected from others also interested in manipulating them.
So protection mechanisms( say antivirus software) in general tries to err on the side of caution and may overreach at times but that is not a bad thing in general.
If you work against this or circumvent it by making your own adjustments you may be able to see more and be slightly less spied upon, but you are also taking responsibility for anything that might happen, so if that otherwise legal website got hacked without knowledge of the company and contains something that renders your computer useless because you switched off the protection then you better know how to recover or rebuild your computer.
Kind regards.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

ExMachina
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ExMachina »

I should also add that first and foremost make sure it's actually your AV (Avast) that is blocking the website. Easy way to verify this is to uninstall the Avast, reboot, try to access the websites you're having issues with. If no problems, you might want to consider trying another free AV, like Panda Cloud or AVG. They all pretty much equally suck, to be honest, and generally cause more problems than they solve. At least you're not sporting McAfee or Webroot or some godawful colossus like Kaspersky. Maybe consider the paid version of Malwarebytes--pretty ineffective but less prone to cause problems or false positives.

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

I have adblock so those ads that caused my Avira to freakout are gone.
I have adguard but a much advanced version of Adblock as it removes the link to the site if detected and never show it to you or gray out the link if it's harmful.

I have Avira. Avira sometimes are annoying AF but they're my choice. I have this computer for 4 years. No virus ever killed my computer. I remember using Norton or McAfee years ago and they both ruined my processes and computer including controlling my registrys. For Malware, I use Malwarebytes, and CCCleaner for bad cookies.

Anyways, if you're really concerned, make sure to always scan your computer when you bypass the alert. If they have Ads on the site, chances are, you have a malware on your computer that controls those ads and insert ads that are potential virus. Clean your cookies and temp files if that happens then run malwarebytes.

Uninstall (I use GoogleChrome) GC and reinstall it without adding any extensions but you can put all your passwords or tabs if you want using Google Account. This way, some extensions causes the GC to block you from entering the site won't load. Then you can redownload the extensions again. Get Adguard, Adblock. Make sure GC is updated.

(Some experience in IT)

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

Adblock is probably the most important piece of software you can be running. Probably >90% infection rate is from infected ads either on purpose or when an ad-network gets compromised.

Plus ads suck anyway :P
mi6c wrote:You may want to consider that these days software in general is made to be usable by an unqualified audience
A lot of software is also written by unqualified people.

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

i was wondering about that myself.

INFORMATIONS