www.wmdolls.com

Broken Hip Joint

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Broken Hip Joint

Post by haremlover »

dollvr wrote:Well this worries me. I was going to buy a WM doll but now I don't know. I was going to get one of the smaller ones, 100cm, do the smaller frames tend to have this problem?
Smaller dolls are more fragile.

If you go to a cheapjack seller there aren't enough margins to fund replacements as a matter of course. That's why ebay dolls at $1200 whatever their source are a bad idea.

Reputable vendors and in particular TDF accredited vendors have their reputations to uphold and so will normally do all possible to help and they have good relationships with manufacturers who want to keep their business.

One doesn't have to go specifically to RealDoll to get a good doll and all TDF accredited manufacturers and vendors have to abide by TDF standards. If there is a cause of real dispute then TDF has a dispute resolution service which puts pressure on parties to find mutually beneficial solutions.

This is the value of this forum beyond other forums. TDF isn't a mere talking shop and accreditation means something.

However, provided the nuts can be undone, doing an operation on a doll to replace a part is alarming but not beyond a knife, spanners and glue. On the other thread I reported a prototype of another brand of doll with welded nuts and which therefore I could not repair and which my friend to whom I gave her hasn't yet got around to doing the job.

Hoping to hear positive news,

Best wishes

Harem

itvman

Post by itvman »

dollvr wrote:Well this worries me. I was going to buy a WM doll but now I don't know. I was going to get one of the smaller ones, 100cm, do the smaller frames tend to have this problem? I don't want to have mine break and get a hip replacement. I do intend to use my doll, not just for pictures, it doesn't make sense to me to buy a doll like this and then just have it for pictures.

Maybe I will get one of theirs to get used to a doll then get a Real Doll down the road, one made in the US. If they break will Real Doll stand behind their dolls and fix/replace them?

$1,200 seems steep for a Doll that might not last for a year though, but $6653.50 seems like a lot to learn off of.
Real Dolls are always breaking just look at the repair forums. I think any doll is going to have SOME risk of something going wrong, after all you've got a lot of different joints under pressure from all sorts of angles. I agree that there doesn't seem much point in having a doll if you're just going to keep it in a box, but I think if you care for it well then it will last a reasonable length of time. I don't think they are designed to last forever, but they aren't designed to break after two hours either. Clearly there was some underlying problem with that doll right from the beginning.

This all raises another question though. Is it POSSIBLE to replace a WM joint? I thought I read that the nuts are spot welded on? In which case you wouldn't be able to unscrew it.

bobhenry
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bobhenry »

Poolguy34 wrote:This is how I store my dolls. Laying flat in a relaxed position with legs slightly spread and hands slightly elevated as not to touch other parts of the doll. These dolls are more fragile than anybody thinks. Sleeping with them and using them for sex too much will destroy them. Finger wires poking through. Staining. Too loose or broken joints. If they are left in a position too long you risk tearing.I take my dolls out of the box once a month for oiling and powdering. The only other reason I take them out is for pictures. I've only had sex with one of my dolls one time. I absolutely would never risk anal or oral. I treat them as if they are art instead of fuck dolls. Sorry to hear your wm is broke. Who did you buy it from?
lol Im at total opposite of you.
my ruby13 went to war. after 5 years now it looks like its the time to replace it

Poolguy34

Post by Poolguy34 »

Some people buy dolls to replace women. Some people buy dolls because they are beautiful in their own right. To each there own. I love my girls as much as someone that uses them for sex but can garauntee that mine will stay beautiful longer. The point I'm trying to make is that how you use your doll directly effects its longevity And sustained beauty.

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

A beautiful doll just lying in a box doesn't seem so beautiful to me. But as you say, "to each their own".
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

dollvr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dollvr »

itvman wrote:Real Dolls are always breaking just look at the repair forums.
I understand they won't last forever, but in this instance if he had a Real Doll and it broke in 6 days would RD replace or fix her? They wouldn't suggest cutting into the her to try to fix her hip would they? If the owner purchased a RD in the US the worst case scenario would be they pay for shipping back to them, repair the hip, and then fit the bill for the shipping back wouldn't they? It is about 5k or 6k price difference between a RD and a WM doll.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

This is a bit worrisome... I am sorry to hear about this. :( I hope that your lady will see a speedy recovery.

james 1966
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james 1966 »

I want to make something very very clear. My WM 165cm hip joint became loose the very first time I posed the doll. No sex, no mishandling, no weird positions. I literally received a defective doll. I know it happens in the real world. Cars get recalled, toys get recalled, food gets recalled... I just got stuck.

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

So WM has nuts spot welded to a threaded rod? Hmmmm.
Anyway, if it was the nut at the hip joint, the break happened when you rotated the leg, it went snap, and is now loose and swivels at the hip instead of at the knee, I just had that happen and made a post on fixing such a failure.
By no means should you do anything to it now, but after you get a replacement, and if you still have possession of that body, fix her up and ride!
Mine snapped the very first attempt to move it.
My fix is actually better than it was originally (IMHO).

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=79459

I really hope this helps.

Hang in there, you'll make it thru this.

mike-fish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mike-fish »

Hi All,

Problem solved :D .

My new WM 156 doll has a loose hip joint and as suggested by others I contacted the vendor. He very quickly confirmed that he would arrange for a immediate replacement body to be sent.

Many thanks to Phil Bass at 'The Doll House' for an exceptional service during the purchase and the aftersales support he has given me.

I'm an engineer and know that the joints are well designed and normally very reliable. But as an engineer I also know that there are no machines without an occasional fault. This will not prevent me buying WM dolls again, not at all.

I would recommend Phil at 'The Doll House' to any doll lover and will definitely buy from him again.

Thanks Phil

Mike - a very grateful and happy customer

PS - Thanks also to the TDF members - :glou:

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Yep, I had the pleasure of meeting Phil at this years Euro/UK Meet and he is a very upstanding vendor in the UK.

This simply proves the point. Nicely done Phil :thumbs_up:

Hope the wait for the replacement body is bearable for you Mike.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

It's a real pleasure to see the outcome on this. I thought it might head in this direction but wasn't going to presume. When you can, it would be very interesting if you might possibly operate and see if the broken joint is similar to that which broke on the prototype not made by WM.

This also goes to show why it's really important to go through a reputable TDF approved vendor rather than buy a doll unsustainably cheaply through the cheapjack peddlars.

Best wishes

Harem

mike-fish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mike-fish »

I'm happy as I still have the pleasure of her company. In fact I bought her some news clothes today and lip gloss :D .

I have never met Phil but he does seen very professional and efficient.

When is there a doll meet, where do they advertise? I would like to see dolls in real life rather than pictures but there doesn't seem to be anywhere, is there?

Regards
Mike

itvman

Post by itvman »

Phew I'm glad to hear it all worked out. I now know where I'll be buying my next doll from!

I've found another thread where somebody has cut into their WM/YL doll to tighten the nuts on the joints, so I guess that must mean that the nuts are not welded on after all (good). From how he describes it I don't think it would be that difficult to actually change the joint assuming WM would send you a replacement.

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... nt#p978331
I have numerous dolls, mostly silicone but more recently two TPE dolls have joined our family.
Both types of doll require periodic maintenance and both can be cut into and repaired as needed.
I have cut into and tightened wrist, ankle and knee joints in one of the TPE dolls and I have also
done the same on several of the silicone ones. The TPE doll is actually easier to repair than the silicone ones due to the TPE
not having a foam inner core to cut thru and repair. Once thru the TPE skin, the joints are very easy to work on and can be tightened
back up, or in the case of the original poster, they could be loosened as well.

The only bad thing about this business is that now I keep waiting for my doll's hip to break! Every time I hear a crack my heart stops!

Poolguy34

Post by Poolguy34 »

Since you are getting a new body I say remove the skeleton from the old one and post a lot of pictures. I have a 156 and would like to know her insides.

INFORMATIONS