SexDollAmerica.com

Whatever happened to Midiman?

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Whatever happened to Midiman?

Post by midiman »

Hi Folks.

Sorry I have not been around much in the last year. Many things have been happening in my life, from separating, to diagnosed bad hip, to new found love (Mrs. Midi) to falling down stairs breaking my back, to horrible virus and ear infection to my father dying last Saturday (August 10). Been a tough year physically, financially and emotionally.

Anyway, things bottomed this weekend and it can only get better. Hope to have more of a presence in the near future.

My Dad's service is on Friday Aug 8, and I prepared a couple videos for it.

Being a WWII Spitfire pilot I put together a sendoff taking a piece I did about him being shot down and adding a recital of High Flight, a famous aviation poem, for his final flight.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

broadfall

Re: Whatever happened to Midiman?

Post by broadfall »

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time right now and for your loss.
Hope things shape up for u soon. Keep the faith.
".....a man got to do something to make a living these days"
Dying ain't much of a living..... boy.
-Outlaw Josie Wales

ctalon

Post by ctalon »

Well as my father once told me: "Well son, if you've hit bottom, you can only go up from now on." Keep that in mind in your tough days now and ahead Midiman.

Both my grandfathers were also in WW2. My dad's side father was in the Navy and got separated from his platoon in Papua New Guinea. He dropped to 90 lbs in weight due to dehydration/starvation and had to live off the land/eat wildlife and go into combat solo many times. He told me stories of how it was hell on Earth, but in a tropical paradise. Somehow he made it back to US troops and was rescued, but he said he never thought he'd make it out alive. Purple heart awarded, but was stuck in a safe. We learned about it after he died. He told me stories of combat/war that was so brutal/inhumane for both sides that he wished people in power never had the right to wage war ever again. He implicitly told me to stay in school, goto college, and stay out of the military if I could by choice. It's amazing he made it through, as I would've never been here had he not made it.

On my mom's side, my grandfather did multi role work as an engineer and infantry around the base he was at on the P-47s. He told me of a time they went to clear trenches near their base and as an engineer, they were still expected to 'face the enemy' as a regular grunt infantry would. There wasn't much distinction/separation from the front line soldiers and engineers at that time. This is the only time I heard him swear ever. He said "Those Nazi fuckers would booby-trap corpses of their own and ours with grenades/explosives in hopes to kill more of us. Never would we think about doing that with corpses of our own fallen." He also described to me how at the end of the war, they were given orders to dump many of the P47's they worked on right over cliffs into the ocean. He was furious about the government's decision on that as he felt that was a vast waste of money, resources, and pollution.

It's amazing what those WW2 vets went through. I often wonder what the world would be like now had the US & Canada just took a pacifist role and not intervened. I do get upset to this day whenever I hear some dumb ass American, or Canadian, form a US vs Canada argument/better than one or another/etc. Pisses me off. I'm very thankful for this interview video of your father. Thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life here.

I'd ask for a moment of silence, and then offer this song as a tribute to all of the men and women who have had to go through wars, past or present. Maybe one day we will have peace on Earth. I have a feeling it's going to be a rough ride/bumpy road until generations ahead of us can say "Mission Accomplished". Sadly, I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime. We've got a long way to go evolving globally as humans for true peace and freedom vs wars/religious wars/corruption/locking up everyone in jails.

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by KarmaMusic »

ctalon wrote:Well as my father once told me: "Well son, if you've hit bottom, you can only go up from now on." Keep that in mind in your tough days now and ahead Midiman.

Both my grandfathers were also in WW2. My dad's side father was in the Navy and got separated from his platoon in Papua New Guinea. He dropped to 90 lbs in weight due to dehydration/starvation and had to live off the land/eat wildlife and go into combat solo many times. He told me stories of how it was hell on Earth, but in a tropical paradise. Somehow he made it back to US troops and was rescued, but he said he never thought he'd make it out alive. He told me stories of combat/war that was so brutal/inhumane for both sides that he wished people in power never had the right to wage war ever again. He implicitly told me to stay in school, goto college, and stay out of the military if I could by choice. It's amazing he made it through, as I would've never been here had he not made it.

On my mom's side, my grandfather did multi role work as an engineer and infantry around the base he was at on the P-47s. He told me of a time they went to clear trenches near their base and as an engineer, they were still expected to 'face the enemy' as a regular grunt infantry would. There wasn't much distinction/separation from the front line soldiers and engineers at that time. This is the only time I heard him swear ever. He said "Those Nazi fuckers would booby-trap corpses of their own and ours with grenades/explosives in hopes to kill more of us. Never would we think about doing that with corpses of our own fallen." He also described to me how at the end of the war, they were given orders to dump many of the P47's they worked on right over cliffs into the ocean. He was furious about the government's decision on that as he felt that was a vast waste of money, resources, and pollution.

It's amazing what those WW2 vets went through. I often wonder what the world would be like now had the US & Canada just took a pacifist role and not intervened. I do get upset to this day whenever I hear some dumb ass American, or Canadian, form a US vs Canada argument/better than one or another/etc. Pisses me off. I'm very thankful for this interview video of your father. Thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life here.

I'd ask for a moment of silence, and then offer this song as a tribute to all of the men in women who have had to go through wars, past or present. Maybe one day we will have peace on Earth. I have a feeling it's going to be a rough ride/bumpy road until generations ahead of us can say "Mission Accomplished". Sadly, I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime. We've got a long way to go evolving globally as humans for true peace and freedom vs wars/corruption/locking up everyone in jails.
Thanks for your story and midi's as well, I have a lot of respect for those who stand up to the bad on this planet, so that we can be free. We have a lot to learn from history so that we don't do the same bad things again. War is hell, but if we don't stand up and fight we parish. The vets all deserve our respect!
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

CyberLovedoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by CyberLovedoll »

Hi Midiman,
My condolences for the passing of your Father, and your ruff year.
It sounds like your Father was a great man, and I hope things improve for you in the near future.

Ron

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Phew!

There are some stories here.

Troubles too, and wishes of better but concern that hopes will be a long time being realised.

With all that we read above, and aspirations for the future, I'd like to risk some words of encouragement and focus for all in good times to work towards, and which can release those in bad times from the apparently overpowering troubles suffered.

As a physicist, I look at how matter comes together, and when recognised, the behaviour of people can be similar with similar effects.

At below the atomic level, three quarks work together to make a proton. The particles that don't work together have never produced anything. Because of the quarks making protons, argumentative, negative, repellant little beasties that don't like working with each other called electrons are tamed, making atoms. Atoms either work together making molecules, or they don't, and they're everywhere else but here. Molecules work together, even to make proteins, DNA, genes - and they all either work together to produce matter and life at a higher level of sophistication, or they become irrelevant to the process of creating new matter, alive, or cease to exist.

We are made of the stuff that at every level has worked together to make us, capable beyond the animal, with a consciousness of something else, the process that made us. But en masse in the destruction we see humans wreaking upon each other, and upon the earth, we appear to forget easily this process of the coming together of matter that made us.

What distinguishes us as alive, indeed alive in contrast to our dolls, is that we breathe . . . and we do. But doing without direction leads us into the dangers of destruction of which so poignantly we read above, and which we find difficulty in believing can be overcome. And yet each one of us, by focussing on that special thing, the breath of life, can overcome the forces that don't create.

There's a special mantra, which is not my own, with which perhaps might be the aspiration of all humanity, of whatever race, religion or creed, because we all breathe.

I'd like to share it as an encouragement to all, I hope that no-one will find it offensive, nor in the context of this thread irrelevant, but if it is, mods please feel free to remove it. But it's of worth more than money and gold, and gives life to the mind as well as our bodies and is a key to the frustrations and destruction we see between Hamas and Israel, and the violence in the name of religion in Iraq and other places.

I wrote it last night to a great friend in trouble from difficulties arising in the middle east hoping that it would give him comfort, certainty, and release of the mind from whatever he might be facing:
Many people don't understand things because they're not led to the root, the source. And the source of our life is life itself, and this happens because we breathe.

We all have an idea of paradise. And we know that that paradise which we know so well is where we come from, and we seek it and don't know how to get there.

But life itself is that paradise - but we have to have a map, a way, and often we go around in circles. So this mantra gives direction, and is circular itself.

When bad things happen, and when good things do as well, I think of paradise and use this mantra to achieve it. It's connected multidimensionally between the lines:

Our origins (which are in the paradise of our minds, and each breath that we take),

Sacred (inducing fear, joy, as that first gasp of breath we take when a defilibrator restarts us after a heart attack) be the name of that which gives life (breathe in, breathe out - through the mouth - you will hear the sound of the breath of life - a name which must not be said, only breathed - you'll hear aah hai or aaah aaah - and guess what those sounds are as sounds without the consonants normally ascribed to them which should not be said and are thus misinterpreted by Hamas and Israel)

May the kingdom come of that paradise of our minds
May the will of that paradise be done on earth as it is in the paradise of our minds

Give us this day our daily bread - this is the mindfood of paradise of our minds for our minds and if we eat it every day the right things will happen in the material realm so that we shall have food in our stomachs (and because it puts our relationships better together sexual fulfilment can happen too) - and it is a two way contract that if we have food for the body to reach contentment (bread, sex) then our bodies won't get in the way of our minds knowing paradise - thus the two way process

Then how do we achieve this paradise? -
Forgive us our wrong steps, debts that we owe to others, as we forgive those who owe debts, who have stepped wrongly against us
(This is how matter in nature always works despite its history, to come together for creation)

Lead us not into temptation of what does not give the breath of life, stifling it, leading away from life, to death and irrelevance to creating

Deliver us from people who don't understand and situations and circumstances in which there is no understanding.

In this way we can escape what is bad, even when bad is awful and yet, despite it, build what is good.
With best wishes and all encouragement,

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hi Midiman, I don't think we've interacted, but I've known of you for a long time, long before I was a member, and I have lots of respect for you.

My condolences to you regarding the loss of your father. I hope life gets much better, very soon.

Best wishes,

Slew

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

That's been one hell of a ride, sorry for your loss. Losing a parent must be one of the worst things that can happen.

My sincerest condolences to you and the rest of the family.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Marky_St

Post by Marky_St »

Hi Midiman,
I have heard your name mentioned so many times, always with great respect.

My sincere condolences on your loss. You have a tremendous amount of friends here.

Wishing you well in all aspects of your life.
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

Barbarous
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Barbarous »

Midiman - Thank you for posting this excellent Tribute to your Father, and hopefully there are Blue Skies in the coming days .

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi Dave,

My most sincere condolences. The final flight is very beautiful. A true tribute.
All the best to you, Mrs Midi, your family and friends.

Nes

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi Midiman,

My most sincere condolences for the passing of your Father. The final flight is very beautiful and it's a true tribute to him.
It's always hard to loss father or mother as they spend a lot of time to grow up Childs and most memories rest with them.
My mother passed away February 2012 but she's still alive in our heart and our mind and that's so beautiful to remind on that.
I hope life gets much better right now.

With best wishes and encouragement,

Guy

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Hi my friend, I was sorry to hear of the passing of your father. Although I never actually met him in person I did know of his WW11 days and his time as a Spitfire pilot.

The final flight is a truly beautiful and fitting tribute to a true war hero. Their are few of those left in this world and your father will now truly be one of those angels that defended our way of life.

I'm sure the service on Friday will be beautiful and give your father the final farewell from his loving family.

My heart is with you at this time. Know that we are all thinking of you.

Your good friend,

Carl
 Click to go to Coverdoll

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Sorry to hear these thinhs . Thoughts and prayers are with you
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Spitfire Mk Vb with a 'tropical filter' (sand and dust) for the air intake under the nose. Likely had the RAF desert color scheme of dark earth and 'stone', and azure blue underside. (As one of the 'Airfix kit generation', that's how I see it.)

Back in 2006, a friend of mine who flew Hawker Hurricanes against the Japanese and later flew hang gliders in my club, passed away.

There are not many WWII Spitfire pilots left now. William Hockey was one of the last.

Take things easy for a while. (Knowing Dave, I guess that is a challenge in itself!)

INFORMATIONS