SexDollAmerica.com

POLL: What is the primary purpose of your love doll ?

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!

What is your primary purpose for owning/wanting a love doll?

sex and or sexual stimulation leading to and including copulation
45%
photography
7%
cuddling / kissing / hanging out buddy without leading to sex/masturbation
9%
artificial companion (I prefer my doll over an interactive human relationship)
13%
surrogate partner (helping to fill the void until ms/mr right comes along)
14%
fantasy play
4%
enhancement/supplement/compensation within existing human relationship
7%

Total votes: 584

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

POLL: What is the primary purpose of your love doll ?

Post by midiman »

When in doubt take it to the general membership. Works for site features and profiling our community :)

TDF had an ongoing poll like this on their front page for over a year. I am wondering how things now compare with then...

Please share your views. What IS the norm around here?

If you reassess your usage, you can come back and change your vote.

Whereas this pole simply gives us the primary usage, keep in mind that if 60% voted for sex that they also may be doing photography 49% of the time. So the next pole is your opportunity to tell folks all the things you do with your doll.

You can choose multiple answers.

LINK TO THIS POLL
Please note that sex still ranks highest on the list at more than twice any other usage.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: POLL: What is the primary purpose of your doll

Post by Szalinski »

My vote's in. The results of your poll might make a good addition to your doc, should you ever finish it.

Judging from the current score of zero on "cuddling", it's obvious no Teddy Babe owners have voted yet :wink: Which brings up the question: What about those doll owners who have more than one doll, each one used for a different purpose? :|

Edited in response to Gramp's comment:
Mid! How could you forget "All of the above"? :D
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

I chose fantasy play, but I could easily choose more than one option here. Fantasy play, sex, having a female presence around to cuddle and lay around with, dressing her up and getting into some photography, but also to fill the void of not being able to find a meaningful relationship after nearly 34 years on this Earth.

A doll is something I have been considering for years now, but I had always held out hope that I would meet the right woman. Instead, all I have got in return is heartache, rejection and ultimately loneliness. In what relationships I have been in I always felt like it was my job to go out of my way to please the woman, while I was expected to give up things that I enjoyed just to make her happy, and still was ultimately rejected and made to feel that I was not good enough in the end. I guess I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am not wearing a gimp chain for anyone and I am not going to give up who I am.

Basically, I am just not a relationship kind of guy and the dating scene has absolutely zero appeal for me. Yet, I still want and need a female presence in my life. I just don't want the stress, heartache and ball and chain that comes along with it. Or the need to meet someone's expectations or the demands and sacrifices just to make her happy. There are just far more negatives than positives there for an individual such as myself, and I simply don't want a real relationship anymore. :)

Here is where I am quite certain that role playing fantasy with a doll would fulfill my needs. No, I cannot have conversations with her (with her responding at least) or go out to eat with her, but I am the type that does not have a problem with this. I am not a complete loner, as I still interact socially with people, but I do prefer being by myself in my spare time because I have simply got so used to doing so. Just preference, really, and I am a creature of habit who likes things to remain the way they are if I am content.

In conclusion, I am happy not being in a relationship, but feel that a doll would give me all of the positives I want from a female with none of the baggage. Plus, I really think I could get into fixing her up really nice and trying my hand at a bit of photography as well. Seems like it would be a really fun hobby in addition to filling a void in my life... minus the problems that a real relationship can and so often does reign down upon one like fire and brimstone. I'll have my cake and eat it to, thanks.

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

I have not voted because I need an "All of the above" option. I guess if I had to choose one, it would be sex. But that could be misconstrued to mean that I mainly use her for masturbation -- WRONG.
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi All,

Things change when getting little older, being 40 now I choose photography in this topic while I would have choosed sex partner previous.
Although I like still a lot to cuddle up or have sex with my doll, I seem to like the art/photo part over the sex part now.
I bought photo gear (DSLR) and like to make photo shoots of my dolls this days.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

I don't think "all of the above" would've quite worked for me. All except for "enhancement/ supplement to a human relationship" and "artificial companion (I see my doll as a replacement for a normal interactive human relationship)". Although admittedly, excluding the latter could just be denial on my part. I continually put off looking into having a vasectomy, not because I have doubts about not wanting children (I really, truly don't), but because I wonder if it's worth having (slightly) risky elective surgery whose results I'll probably never need. :oops:

I chose "surrogate partner (helping to fill the void until ms/mr right comes along)". While the other reasons apply as well (save for the two I mentioned above), this was my primary reason. I've said innumerable times that I'm just a lonely romantic idealist who, despite being very socially active, has never been particularly lucky in love. And the resulting complications from Ana's arrival only prove that it's genuine, rather than a subconscious ruse based on the assumption that no woman would ever have sex with me unless she was inexplicably in love. :roll:

Perhaps the wording should have been "until and if ms/mr right comes along". 'Cause it seems that every time I meet a woman my species, she turns out to be my long-lost sister. It's like, "Great, I've found my future best woman, now if only I could find my future bride...." :x Not that I don't value my female friends, but why is the chemical trigger only set off by women who are completely wrong for me? Of course it's moot, since 95% of them don't desire me back, anyway. How sick is that, that I'd've preferred a series of flaky and/or psycho girlfriends to perpetual rejection? I want to agree with you, blindwebster, about not giving up who I am in a vain attempt to make someone else happy. But sometimes I feel like I'd gladly sell my soul, only no one's buying... :(

Edit: I'm not actually as bummed out as I sound in this post, at least not at the moment. :wink: I can be a bit of a drama king at times.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

jonnydisco
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jonnydisco »

I'm married,

my wife goes out of town for business regularly,

the dolls I've owned were all inflatables, plus a cassi torso,

I don't want to risk my marriage on an unsatisfying enounter with a hooker, :roll:

my answer could be #1. sex, or #5, surrogate till my wife gets home 8)

if I got a high end doll I'm sure I'd be inclined to take pictures of her,

between the lay down dancing sessions :twisted:

by the way, I love looking at all the great photography done by members here :D :thumbs_up:

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Gramps wrote:I have not voted because I need an "All of the above" option. I guess if I had to choose one, it would be sex. But that could be misconstrued to mean that I mainly use her for masturbation -- WRONG.
Here's a poll you can definitely take :) You can choose multiple answers.
tdc_doll_usage.jpg
tdc_doll_usage.jpg (74.66 KiB) Viewed 48027 times
LINK TO THIS POLL
Please note that sex still ranks highest on the list at more than twice any other usage.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

[quote="jonnydisco"my answer could be #1. sex, or #5, surrogate till my wife gets home 8)
between the lay down dancing sessions :twisted:[/quote]

Well I am lost as to what 8) is :) But if the only time you use the doll is when the wife is not there I'd say 5. However, if you have also used the doll when the wife has been there but not in the mood or to balance your labido it could warrant 7

Essentially 7 is pretty much the married equivalent of 1 :)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

Obin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Obin »

I chose sex.

I think other choices are valid for myself, but if it weren't for that facility, I wouldn't be saving more money towards a doll purchase than I have ever spent on a car. I guess a question that all could ask themselves is, "Would I bother making a purchase if I couldn't use the doll for sex?"

I guess a more precise measurement could be acquired if a rating scale were used for each choice, so folks could show the diversity of their interests.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

How 'bout this: instead of a poll with potentially limiting choices, why not just start over and have everyone give a concise answer to the question. Let the answers dictate the categories, not the other way around, and then interpolate the data accordingly once the polling is done.

Wait, I just realized...me giving a concise answer? :haha4:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

NotMyName wrote:How 'bout this: instead of a poll with potentially limiting choices, why not just start over and have everyone give a concise answer to the question. Let the answers dictate the categories, not the other way around, and then interpolate the data accordingly once the polling is done.

Wait, I just realized...me giving a concise answer? :haha4:
Well as long as anyone that cannot give a concise answer posts then we still have useful data. Some of us are just plain sex fiends :)

Essentially the poll is simply a guide. The question to ask oneself is if sex is not why I bought the doll, then why did I not buy something cheaper like a silicone mannequin without the vagina. Wait, come to think of it that's what I was when Midiman bought me :)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

jonnydisco
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jonnydisco »

Bianca wrote:[quote="jonnydisco"my answer could be #1. sex, or #5, surrogate till my wife gets home 8)
between the lay down dancing sessions :twisted:
Well I am lost as to what 8) is :) But if the only time you use the doll is when the wife is not there I'd say 5. However, if you have also used the doll when the wife has been there but not in the mood or to balance your labido it could warrant 7

Essentially 7 is pretty much the married equivalent of 1 :)
I'm just always horny I guess, so when the wife gets home that's the first look she sees on my face 8)

I never needed/used the dolls when she's home, plus I think she probably wouldn't be so thrilled,
so it is a secret type activity,
though some would say, that's bad you have to sneak, perhaps sneaking adds to the allure ?

5 it is then,
Thankyou Bianca, :wink:

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Well, I would assume that the sex option simply means sex in and of itself. Surrogate partner, artificial companion, fantasy play, relationship enhancement all have a strong sexual component. The only options that don't include sex are photography and cuddle buddy.

Sure, I'm a sex fiend too. I wanna have as much sex as time and my own stamina will allow. Being a romantic idealist simply means I want it all from that one special woman. :wink:

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

OK, I just voted in the alternative poll. I voted for photography, cuddling, sleep, kiss, and sex. I still think that sex is vague. If it means intercourse or copulation, why doesn't it say intercourse or copulation?
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

INFORMATIONS