sexyrealsexdolls.com

TPE or silicone for less tear maintenance?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
TPEsnack
Ex-Member

TPE or silicone for less tear maintenance?

Post by TPEsnack »

Comparing TE with silicone dolls

1. Which is more likely to tear?

2. Which is more likely to have unrepairable tears?

3. Which is more likely to have repaired tears last a long time?

4. Which is easier/faster/cheaper to repair?

Comparing silicone to TPE I mean of course comparing apples with apples, not comparing (if materials have gotten better) the silicon of 15 years ago with the TPE of today. And I don't mean comparing the worst silicon doll company with the best TPE doll company.

Note: As there is no general repair forum I am posting in the repair section with the most posts. I am surprised that these questions haven't been asked before (at least it's not obvious from titles in both TPE and silicon sub-forums)
If masturbation is a crime against humanity, then at least half the world are gangsters.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Re: TPE or silicone for less tear maintenance?

Post by Dollfriend »

Yes this subject has been extensively covered here on the forum, but in my opinion TPE takes First Prize for more tears and need for maintenance, TPE has not been around as long as Silicone and in my opinion has a long way to go, but it is getting there, from my experience TPE will tear for no apparent reason but to tear, and in my attempts to use TPE glue (not really a glue) I have found it to be a hit or miss type situation, it may repair the tear or it may do nothing...Silicone has its issues but they are not as prevalent, and tears are usually caused by something...

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Clearly, silicone is superior to TPE in terms of ease of repair and fewer tears.

But, we pay significantly less for TPE dolls.

It's a trade off I hope won't be a problem for much longer.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

TPEsnack
Ex-Member

Post by TPEsnack »

But at least it will be only a technical problem, since tears is rhymes with pairs not fears.
If masturbation is a crime against humanity, then at least half the world are gangsters.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

IMHO:

I don't know much about TPE except it's a mixture of silicone, PVC, and mineral oil. At least that's what I've heard.

Silicone proper has a much more interesting chemistry associated with it.

So, if you asked me today, I would say that silicone has much more room for technical improvement.

TPE is still kind of mysterious.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

Repairing TPE is a pain. Need to basically melt it back together which produces quite toxic fumes in the process.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Silicone seems to age well whereas TPE is nice and stretchy at the beginning, but it doesn't age well.
Hence the tearing for no apparent reason.
I've never had a TPE doll, but I have had 2 fleshlights and one Japanese sleeve and the TPE eventually degraded, got gummy then they were tossed. I kept them washed, air dried and powdered, but they still went to hell in about a year. The Jap sleeve seemed to go longer before it started getting gummy.
I have a silicone insert I made over 2 yrs ago I can get out now and it's perfect still.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

As mentioned in other threads, both can tear, but the repair is easier as the glue is simple permatex adhesive for silicone and can be applied the the tear area with a fine mesh to help reinforce. On my DS the tearing was 1cm and I hear it occurs on almost every doll from them. However the repair is very simple and works well - but with TPE the repairs have to be done with special adhesive which often melts or destroys the area.
Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

I couldn't repair my TPE torso's tears with TPE glue no matter how hard I tried. They always reopened. It was probably cheap stuff but still. The torso also teared super easily.

My silicone head had a tear when I got it but quickly and easily fixed it with permatex. The repairs hold up well.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

Silicone is much more durable.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I have had fair luck repaiting both. Not all tpe is equal, nor is all silicone. Silicone in humble opinion is better for the simple facts that, A it is inert meaning it's composition does not change. B it is non porous as well. Tpe is said to softer and more stretchy, and can be maintained with proper care
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

The only problem I have had with tears on both sillicon and TPE dolls is their private parts.
This is bad because it ruins the doll.
Best thing to do is buy a doll with TPE mix that is resistant to tear.
Problem solved.

Regards

Asterix

INFORMATIONS