Eye Exchange

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Teddy Babes
Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Eye Exchange

Post by Sate »

Evening,

I needed to change my deluxe's eyes due to them being damaged during a large cleaning. I had some copies printed on photo paper that I reprinted, though I figured it would be a good move to also post the copy here on the forum.

Using some photo paper and a basic printer, you can use the file below to print the eyes for a Tina doll to use on your own doll. Other users can add their own doll's eyes so others can have access to them as well.

It's in .pdf format so it will remain consistent across most availalble operating systems (as far as I know).
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (5.58 KiB) Viewed 6449 times
Copy 1.pdf
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 309 times
Later.

- Sate
My Dolls
- Elsa Babe 148cm RAD Doll - viewtopic.php?f=541&t=148889

Sate's Doll Archives
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84142

Special
Action Figures: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=95008
Video Game Models: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130012

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Eye Exchange

Post by Zang »

Not a bad idea, Sate. What adhesive would you recommend for them?

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I would also recommend that right after you cut them out you 'lock' and seal the ink with a clear paint. Otherwise the colors may run if any liquids get on them. Polyurethane 'spar' paint is good as it remains flexible after it's dried, don't put it on too thick as it will leave a yellow cast. A few thin coats are all you need.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

For an adhesive I used a liquid super glue as it bonds well with the texture of the plush surface and works instantly (apply to the back of the eyes directly, not the plush).

Szalinski also makes a good point to seal the ink to reduce the chance of color fading / running. Last thing a doll needs is lazy racoon eyes.

-Sate
My Dolls

Sate's Doll Archives

Special

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

Afternoon,

Attached below is a pair of customized Teddy Babe eyes I used for a photoshoot.
Copy 4.png
Copy 4.png (2.18 MiB) Viewed 6255 times
You can download the photo, and using some glossy photo paper print out new eyes for your TB. I couldn't format these to a PDF file, so before using your photo paper print these out on low quality until they are the right size to fit your doll.

I used Windows Picture Viewer and printed them out as 4"x6", and left the "Fit Picture to Frame" box unchecked to get a perfect fit.

Finally, after you print them out let them dry for about 4 hours or until the printed side isn't sticky.

- Sate
My Dolls

Sate's Doll Archives

Special

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

An original set of Carly eyes have been added. If you always wanted your TB to have Carly's eyes, this is is simple way to get them.
Set 2.jpg
Set 2.jpg (248.03 KiB) Viewed 6145 times
C-Original.pdf
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
The eyes are in .pdf format and are already properly sized, just download from the link and print them out. You can also do a test print in grayscale in case you want to check the size to make sure it fits.

Remember the proper steps to attach:

- Print out on glossy photo paper with high settings for the best finish (it will take a few minutes depending on your printer).
- After cutting them out, let them dry for about 4 hours or until the printed side is not sticky.
- Use liquid super glue to apply to your TB (after removing the originals). Zang recommends using brush-on super glue (always apply to the back of the eyes, not the fabric).

Finally, Slazinski recommends using a clear paint to seal the ink. This is recommended if you plan to use eyelids for your doll so tape doesn't affect the inked side of the new eyes.

- Sate
My Dolls

Sate's Doll Archives

Special

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

Here is a set of Deluxe Sonya eyes for download. It's in .pdf format and is properly sized already; just download the file and print it out.
Sonya - E1.jpg
Sonya - E1.jpg (520.99 KiB) Viewed 6094 times
Sonya - E1.pdf
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 262 times
- Sate
My Dolls

Sate's Doll Archives

Special

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

Evening,

Here is a short video on how to prepare new eyes once you have them printed out. It also includes a comparison to a set of original unused eyes directly from the manufacturer.
- Sate
My Dolls

Sate's Doll Archives

Special

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

I put Lisa's head on my scanner and did a face scan (hope she doesn't get sick).
Lisa scan.jpg
Lisa scan.jpg (191.35 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
Then did some cropping/editing and color adjustment in PhotoFiltre 7 and am posting this file for use. Printing on hi gloss photo paper with proper printer settings it comes pretty close to the original.
Lisa eyes color adj.jpg
Lisa eyes color adj.jpg (79 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
I left a little outline of the plush so if cutting is not perfect it should blend in. I also included the exact dimension of the eye so you can get the sizing correct regardless of different programs and printer settings. the file can print on a 4" x 6" photo paper feeding portrait and will only use about 1/4 of it.

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Sate wrote:Evening,

Here is a short video on how to prepare new eyes once you have them printed out. It also includes a comparison to a set of original unused eyes directly from the manufacturer.

- Sate
it seems the youtube video is not available. will you explain again how to prepare new eyes once you have them printed out.
thanks.

also found eyes clipart on Esty..
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=eyes+clip ... d_searches

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

As a public service, I'd like to mention that most Teddy Babe eyes are available from 8thW for a modest fee.
I have replaced Nicole's eyes with Sonya's eyes in green.
Actually, I just removed the tiny sponge from the backs of the new eyes and glued them onto the top of Nicole's eyes with super glue.
Now I have two Cat-Babes. I have more cat eyes for a third Cat-Babe. Blue, Red, Violet?
Did I mention the wig changes?
Attachments
Sonya and Nicole.JPG
Sonya and Nicole.JPG (286.96 KiB) Viewed 1151 times

INFORMATIONS