Skin condition on Ai Neo (less than 1yr old)

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Skin condition on Ai Neo (less than 1yr old)

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

At the very end of July, I re-adopted a previously owned 4Woods A.I. NEO im 159cm with Mitsuki Head.

She was sold here under this thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=87981

And my initial review is here:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=88244

My issue and question is a peculiar skin condition. While her skin and muscle "tone" is supple and realisticly squeezable, her skin does not take corn-based baby powder very well. Therefore her skin is not very caress-able or silky smooth. Powdering mostly results in a fine grainy feeling or leaving the skin looking "splotchy". This is especially pronounced on her whole back, hands, feet, elbows and knees remained a little sandy, rough and leathery. I was baffled by this as these areas resembled a person with a mild psoriasis condition (rough-bumpy). This is something I'd expect on a older synthetic surface. It's not really delaminating, but perhaps in the early stages of starting.

I really hope this is not typical of this manufacturer. Otherwise she is a great doll, but This is a little surprising for a doll advertised as about 4 months old. Her skin condition almost resembles a doll 4 YEARS old. 8O I am seeking help and suggestions about how to fix her skin. There HAS to be a way to make her supple silicone skin more silky soft to the caress.
Attachments
Minor cracking....psoriasis or delamination?
Minor cracking....psoriasis or delamination?
IMG_0877.JPG (478.52 KiB) Viewed 2241 times
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Lucid Dreamer

Re: Skin condition on Ai Neo (less than 1yr old)

Post by Lucid Dreamer »

I use the powder that comes with a brand new 4 Woods doll. It makes my doll skin extra silky smooth!

Ask Seiko to send you some.

I believe baby powder is also okay to use. (I could be wrong) I have used it myself without any consequence so far.

It looks to me like the skin is slightly damaged on the surface in your picture. I'm not sure powder will smooth that out. My doll is more than two years old and has not experienced that problem.
- My Dreams Become Reality... -

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:At the very end of July, I re-adopted a previously owned 4Woods A.I. NEO im 159cm with Mitsuki Head.

She was sold here under this thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=87981

And my initial review is here:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=88244

My issue and question is a peculiar skin condition. While her skin and muscle "tone" is supple and realisticly squeezable, her skin does not take corn-based baby powder very well. Therefore her skin is not very caress-able or silky smooth. Powdering mostly results in a fine grainy feeling or leaving the skin looking "splotchy". This is especially pronounced on her whole back, hands, feet, elbows and knees remained a little sandy, rough and leathery. I was baffled by this as these areas resembled a person with a mild psoriasis condition (rough-bumpy). This is something I'd expect on a older synthetic surface. It's not really delaminating, but perhaps in the early stages of starting.

I really hope this is not typical of this manufacturer. Otherwise she is a great doll, but This is a little surprising for a doll advertised as about 4 months old. Her skin condition almost resembles a doll 4 YEARS old. 8O I am seeking help and suggestions about how to fix her skin. There HAS to be a way to make her supple silicone skin more silky soft to the caress.
This doll has been dragged across sheets and things of the like. The guy probably could not lift her very well and wound up dragging her across the sheets. You may need to repair the micro tears that she now has as a result.
Please email me better pics at samara78dolldoctor@gmail.com. close ups of all the areas, will do. I will get back to you in the next day or so.v
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Amanda__
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Amanda__ »

I have two 4woods dolls and both of them have these kind of skin wear in the same areas you are describing, even though i have been very careful when handling the dolls. Particulary the back of the dolls have these problems in some places. However, my dolls are 4 years old and this have developed over time, starting when the doll was like 1-2 years old. The last 6-8 months this seems to have stopped and its not getting worse, at least. Anyway, i think this has something to do with the thin layer they apply over the silicone to make the surface smooth and silky. Over time, this layer seems wear off. However, 4 months is very early for this to happen.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

That's skin pealing, you can't do much about that :(
If it's just a little, try hexane to smoothen it. Well, so I was told, I tried but it doesn't really fix it.
I guess this skin pealing is caused by rubbing the skin, maybe while sleeping with your doll.
My first 4Woods dolls suffered a bit from this. My later 4Woods dolls don't have any skin pealing.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Take some clear RTV-1 silicone and dilute a batch with thinner to make it more fluidly, apply a thin coat over the affected area by dabbing with a sponge. Sprinkle a fine coat of icing sugar over the reworked area, this will give back the matte skin finish.

- SF -

INFORMATIONS