Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Knee , elbow, ankle joints, where to buy replacements .

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Knee , elbow, ankle joints, where to buy replacements .

Post by tattooed dolls »

Hello everyone

I have some questions about the joints , once they go bad, like mine just did last night , where do you buy replacement knee joints? From RD? I did not notice them on the site.

If so, how much do they run?
Are they all standard in size or are they different sizes depending on the joint location I.e shoulder , hands , ankles and so on.

As always thanks in advanced for all the help .
Don't forget to tip your artist, or leave a honest review, it goes a long way for us.Image

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Knee , elbow, ankle joints, where to buy replacements .

Post by siliconefun »

Hi tattooed dolls,
I suggest to contact Abyss and to submit (when possible) the doll manufacturing year and exactly which joint you need for a replacement, best with pics.
Also consider that these joints have friction surfaces who gets loosen over the years depending the use of your doll. They can be fixed when you readjust the torque of the bolts/nuts of the articulation and this can be done with a small cut at each side on the mold seam line.
Replacing an entire joint assy is more time consuming and difficult.

Guy

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Knee , elbow, ankle joints, where to buy replacements .

Post by dodgeman »

tattooed dolls wrote:Hello everyone

I have some questions about the joints , once they go bad, like mine just did last night , where do you buy replacement knee joints? From RD? I did not notice them on the site.

If so, how much do they run?
Are they all standard in size or are they different sizes depending on the joint location I.e shoulder , hands , ankles and so on.

As always thanks in advanced for all the help .
I sent you a PM about your doll my friend with some info! :D

INFORMATIONS