Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Disposing my doll

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

crazybigguy2012
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Disposing my doll

Post by crazybigguy2012 »

I feel your pain. Be careful, I rememeber a few years ago, local news accused a man of murder,body parts found in trash... later to be found by police it was a doll... meanwhile the guy's reputation was all over the local press...

But as much as some here feel bad about such a " waste" I must say, once she is damaged.. and the need to not be caught overwhelms any sentimental and financial value.. parting ways is the way to do it.
Shipping would be a hassle... I hate dealing with customs.

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

not so much a hassle if you still have the box she came in and things...maybe just reinforce it and add some bubblewarp and foaming the inside to see safe and secure to a new home...she'd be a gift and maybe clothes on the customs form and such...only one who has to know if you sold her is you and the buyer...pretty simple there

however if you're not going to do that...my personal feeling is a doll such as RD makes is such a shame to just chop up like yesterdays dinner and toss in the trash...i'd hope you'd at least consider giving her a decent memorial, like we'd do for a kids pet, or something...just a thought...

do what your happiest with and hope everything works out for you, no matter what you decide.
your friend,
yoroshii

and everyone, hi, and hope you're all happy healthy and doing well.
gotta shop for silk, see you later...
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

what is the big deal. find someone who wants her. and on a dark and clandestine evening you drop her off boxed up or not, a few minutes before they guy pulls up for the box and be done with it. no handshake.
so..good luck,BG

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

hi beardy...hope you're doing well.
from what i'm seeing and the fact the guy hasn't said anything for a while...i'd almost bet she's gone.
he did say he was in a rush...

guess all we can do, is hope she's in a happier place...where she be.
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

crimsonrk

Post by crimsonrk »

Do not dispose doll at least post pictures people will buy!

AirDollPlushDoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AirDollPlushDoll »

I would assume the doll is long gone now.
my dream has come true. I finally got a silicone doll. a ruby 13. her name is destiny angel. aka princess destiny.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Placing a silicone doll in the trash is like using a Picasso for firewood.

Spency
Ex-Member

Post by Spency »

This thread has been dead for months now airplush. Sad story for certain. Not to say at all that the person who posted this was odd but we certainly have members who have an odd situation involving dolls every now and again. I for certain would have paid to take the doll off his hands.
FBW wrote:I've been thinking about using a saw to saw her into small pieces,
U Wot m8?
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

hhhpotter7
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by hhhpotter7 »

M_Yoroshii wrote:it's almost heartless to even think of cutting up such an amazing work of art as a RD or any of them, for that matter...i've known and seen buriels and doll funerals...

and i guarentee ... mine if i can't do it myself, then they'd better be with me when i go...i don't care if it took 4 urns and 4 memorials for us. My dolls will have dignity in the world WE live in.

If nothing else, give the girl to someone in the forum who Needs one...and work out a pay plan for it...
I'd do it...and i don't have one yet...still working on getting mine so can give her silks and dress her up like the an asian angel deserves. Can't do it with real women, they treat me bad for being kind...lol
I hear ya. I've been treated badly for being kind to "real" girls. I'm apparently only good enough to them to be "just friends." >_>

And this is coming from a fellow Oklahoman. Howdy! =D

hhhpotter7
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by hhhpotter7 »

Yeahhh... please don't destroy her. Sell her or at the very least, give her away. SOMEONE will gladly take her off your hands, price or not. The need in this area of interest is too great.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Destroy a $6,000.00 doll? This has got to be a friggin joke!

Reminds me of when I took my 57 Chevy convertible to the crusher cause I couldn't find anybody that would fix the fender rust for less than $1,000.00.

The good news is the old girl should make lots of pretty Chinese made nick nacks available at your local Wally World.
Attachments
1957-chevrolet-bel-air-convertible.jpg
1957-chevrolet-bel-air-convertible.jpg (475.73 KiB) Viewed 2775 times
1957-chevrolet-bel-air-convertible 2.jpg
1957-chevrolet-bel-air-convertible 2.jpg (46.82 KiB) Viewed 2775 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

AirDollPlushDoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AirDollPlushDoll »

yes I found out this is old post. etc. but still I was curious to if he have it to some lucky person. how much joy It brought the person? did he end up selling it? the thread seams open. I would of loved to seen.........I decided to give it to someone for just shipping cause they wanted a doll so bad. or I sold it and made money and helped someone out. but there was no end to the story. what happened to the unwanted angel. hell I would run through razor blades. swim in shark water in a bloody steak costume just to have a real doll. I do love my teddy babe. but to think of a doll being disposed of is so saddening. to many people it would change their lives for the better. best thing man ever invented was a real doll. never give it away. ever. that will be how I will be when I get mine. until them I will love my teddy babe deluxe who is 9 months old and my mannequin that is a year old and on her knees and cute. there is not a day that goes by that I don't dream of owning a real doll. just to much for me. but one day.
my dream has come true. I finally got a silicone doll. a ruby 13. her name is destiny angel. aka princess destiny.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Considering this member hasn't logged in since September 2012, it's highly likely, you'll never get an answer to your question.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

Hi FBW,

I agree with most of the previous users. Don't cut your doll, which has accompanied you during the last two years. Sell her for a reasonable price or even give her away free of charge. When cutting her and spreading the remainders in several garbage cans, your neighbors might see you and call you a culprit or even worse.

Could you provide please us with photos and even a purchase price in the "buy & sell"-forum ? It might be, that you sell your doll in short notice.

All the best,
Grasowka
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

FBW wrote:What? People would buy second hand dolls? How much is such a doll worth? Mine has accumulated damage in various parts although it still looks good overall.

My situation is like this. I'm going to move into a much smaller apartment and there is simply no room for my doll. If I'm going to sell my doll I will have to do it before I move out.
YES! There's a whole section on TDF specifically for the purpose of selling dolls. Solid dolls are bought and sold used especially if for no other reason than new ones are expen$ive. Just clean her up the best you can, take some pictures and include the damaged parts too, because prospective buyers will want to know if their skills are up to the necessary repairs, start with what you think would be a fair price and put up an add.

My Teddy Babe - Lala I bought used, The most famous doll on the forum; Midiman's Bianca, was also bought used.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS