Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Crotch asymmetry (cause discovered)

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Crotch asymmetry (cause discovered)

Post by siliconelover »

I wonder ...

Is the foam core poured then attached to the PVC 'bones' or is it cast and poured around it ?

I would speculate that this is something that can't be repaired, one of those things that happens and you have to live with. Not without cutting the entire thigh open and slicing into the foam core ... it's just not worth it or necessary.

She's still beautiful Ev, just have to be a bit more careful with her.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Crotch asymmetry (cause discovered)

Post by james1969 »

Everhard wrote:Joanna (2008 body 2) has developed a crotch asymmetry recently (photo attached). She also creaks a lot and I gained the impression that her right leg tends to pose at different angles from the left leg, but that might be my imagination.

I was fairly sure it was a hip separation, as happened to a couple of other of my Realdolls, but when I cut her open I discovered a different kind of hip joint, bright shiny metal, and it seemed to be perfectly intact. I noticed the hard foam in the thigh was at least partly separated from the PVC tube thigh bone. Maybe that accounts for the creaking.

When I pull down on the left leg, there is none of the springiness indicative of hip separation (where only the silicone connects leg to body) so it looks like she might be OK.

If anyone can shed light on this, please shed away...
They use pvc materials in realdolls? 8O considering the cost you paid im shocked a leading brand would do so. Would of though carbon fibre at least. They would have made some changes since 2008 with the skeleton,right? I wonder how tpe and other silicone doll makers skeletons compare then :?:

INFORMATIONS