sexyrealsexdolls.com

Pics To Pencil Sketches

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

b-man
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Pics To Pencil Sketches

Post by b-man »

OK, so, someone wanted me to demonstrate how I converted photos into pencil sketches. Bearing in mind I'm using Photoshop CC, and this method was originally done with CS5, here's the process
To start, I used this pic of Katrina cut and placed on a white background:
White Background Kat.jpg
White Background Kat.jpg (225.26 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Next, click on the icon shown and in the dropdown menu, select convert to smart object, (this allows you to edit the filters later if you need to).
Step 02.jpg
Step 02.jpg (133.86 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Press Ctrl J on your keyboard to make a copy of Layer0 which will be called Layer0 Copy, select the bottom layer and go to Filter/Filter Gallery/Sketch, and select the photocopy filter.
Step 03.jpg
Step 03.jpg (296.08 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Step 04.jpg
Step 04.jpg (501.13 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Click Ok. You won't see the effect at first, select the top layer and change it's blend mode to multiply as shown:
Step 05 .jpg
Step 05 .jpg (370.48 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Now, with the top layer selected, go to Filter/Filter Gallery/Sketch/Charcoal. Like before, you can change the settings to suit the image, Click OK
Step 06.jpg
Step 06.jpg (343.18 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Next, Press Ctrl/Alt/Shift/E, to create a composite layer on top of the stack. Hold Ctrl and click on the new layer at the bottom of the layer palette, with your colors set to default (press D on the keyboard) press Ctrl Delete to fill the new layer with white.
Step 07.jpg
Step 07.jpg (361.97 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Step 08.jpg
Step 08.jpg (392.85 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Now, select the composite layer and click on the layer mask icon shown while holding the Alt key to fill the layer with black, the composite layer will now be solid white. Press X on your keyboard to change your foreground color to white, press B on your keyboard to select the brush tool. you'll need to find a brush called "Pastel On Charcoal Paper". It's not a default brush so you'll have to load it by clicking on the down arrow on the brush selector in the top toolbar, click on the gear icon and in the drop down menu, select Dry Media Brushes, a window will appear asking you what you want to do, pick Append. Then click the down arrow again and scroll through the brushes until you find the Pastel On Charcoal Paper brush, select it, and set its' size to around 300px by using the right bracket key (]).
Step 09.jpg
Step 09.jpg (220.17 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
With the layer mask selected, and the brush opacity set to 20%, brush over the entire image:
Step 10.jpg
Step 10.jpg (305.89 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
"I'm always in bed by eight and home by eleven"-Glen Quagmire

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Pics To Pencil Sketches

Post by dullahan »

Very good job applying the various built-in effects and tools of PS effectively and creatively! I learned a few new techniques reading thi.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

b-man
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by b-man »

Allright, moving along, next reduce the size of the brush and begin to brush over the details, (eyes, hair, lines, shadows, etc), change the size of the brushes as needed and bring up the details as you like:
Step 11.jpg
Step 11.jpg (322.62 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
Once you're happy with that, make a new blank layer on top of it all, hold Shift Backspace to bring up the fill dialog, click on the down arrow and select pattern. In the pattern window click the down arrow and then the gear icon. In the drop down menu, select colored paper, select append in the window that appears. Click the down arrow and scroll through the patterns until you find one called sketch paper, select it and click OK. Change the blend mode to multiply, press Ctrl Shift E to merge the layers, right click on the layer0, select Flatten Image, and save the finished image.
Step 12.jpg
Step 12.jpg (376.22 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
Attachments
Katrina Head Shot Sketch.jpg
Katrina Head Shot Sketch.jpg (295.96 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

b-man
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by b-man »

dullahan wrote:Very good job applying the various built-in effects and tools of PS effectively and creatively! I learned a few new techniques reading thi.
Be sure to read the follow up, the forum only allows 10 images at a time so I had to do it in two parts, sorry :oops:

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I like messing with the filters in there, but I use what you would call the completely random method... :P

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

INFORMATIONS