sexyrealsexdolls.com

Backdrop attachment method

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Backdrop attachment method

Post by Lemminkainen »

For those of you who have or use actual cloth backdrops, what do you use to hang them in place?
I don't want to ruin my walls, so is there some type of attachment method to which she is sort of a universal type of fixture?

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Backdrop attachment method

Post by Sotaichou »

nothing too complicated.
- Tape (make sure it doesn't strip the paint) - depends how light (weight of) the cloth.
- Cardboard or foam wall (tall/big enough for desired backdrop) - just hang it over it.
- 3M stick-on hooks.

At one point I was going to go with curtain rod. (of course you'd need to make holes) but opted to just use the above methods.

If anyone else has other methods to share I'm all ears. :D

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Sotaichou wrote:
nothing too complicated.
- Tape (make sure it doesn't strip the paint) - depends how light (weight of) the cloth.
- Cardboard or foam wall (tall/big enough for desired backdrop) - just hang it over it.
- 3M stick-on hooks.
At one point I was going to go with curtain rod. (of course you'd need to make holes) but opted to just use the above methods.
If anyone else has other methods to share I'm all ears. :D
/g'day.
I like the idea of a backdrop wall that I can just hang the cloth over. Just constructed out of some furring strips, and staple cardboard to it, or even stretch some cloth to it to give it a solid plane, then hang the different kinds of cloth over that. This way it won't hurt my walls or ceiling at all.
Thank you S. I think that just might do it. :D :thumbs_up:

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Old fashioned clothes pins, chip clips,Drapery pins. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: If it will hold it in place and won't damage anything go for it!

titman
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by titman »

Attachments
backdropstand.jpg
backdropstand.jpg (13.89 KiB) Viewed 6080 times

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

deerman wrote:Old fashioned clothes pins, chip clips,Drapery pins. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: If it will hold it in place and won't damage anything go for it!
Ah heck, :roll: I could just make a frame from some cane poles and closes line pins...
Thank you every one!! :D

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

if you have a cupboard in the room you can probably hang something from that; same could be done with a door

with clothes-pegs you could hang a background even from drapes

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

you're welcome :D

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

life-is-plastic wrote:if you have a cupboard in the room you can probably hang something from that; same could be done with a door

with clothes-pegs you could hang a background even from drapes
Thanks!

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

In the UK we have a decorators 'masking tape' called Frog Tape and as long as you don't leave it on for weeks, it just peels off without damaging wallpaper or paint. I use several strips to hold up a sheet.
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Cool. Now I need to get some fabrics.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

This may not be the best thread for this suggestion, but where else if not here.
For backgrounds for small dolls, I've found my 30" flat screen, and the richness of the internet provides some great backgrounds.

................................................................................Both of these pictorials were done with just a monitor in the background:

Image Image

You can see the edge of the monitor and my laundry closet in this shot. It almost looks like part of the shot :D

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

Netwit wrote:This may not be the best thread for this suggestion, but where else if not here.
For backgrounds for small dolls, I've found my 30" flat screen, and the richness of the internet provides some great backgrounds.

................................................................................Both of these pictorials were done with just a monitor in the background:

Image Image

You can see the edge of the monitor and my laundry closet in this shot. It almost looks like part of the shot :D

brilliant. pretty sure it can be used for full size dolls too. maybe even a projection one. it's a nice option. :)

/g'day.

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

That's very cool!

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

I was about to throw out a clothes hanger stand and quickly realized that I can use this for hanging backdrops...Image

This is actually what titman suggested above, only smaller scale.

/g'day.

INFORMATIONS