sexyrealsexdolls.com

The Photo Workshop Series

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

The Photo Workshop Series

Post by Szalinski »

:painting: I would like to propose a new feature to this forum, seeing as it is about learning photography in general and doll photography in particular. What I would like to do is start a "lab" for the "theory" section already in existence (this forum). This will be a place where any TDF member may post his or her photos without having to fret about their "not being good enough to compete", as learning how to become good (or better) is what The Photo Workshops are all about.

Here is how I would like The Photo Workshop Series to work:

As with the monthly Photo Challenge/Contest/Competition each Photo Workshop would be on a separate thread, each with a theme set by the person starting that Workshop. Members who submit their photos to a particular Workshop should be true to the theme posted for that Workshop. That however is where the similarity ends.

Anyone may start a Photo Workshop thread. All Workshop threads shall be titled "Photo Workshop Series" and include the theme for that particular Workshop. An example might be something like: "Photo Workshop Series: Sports". "Sports" obviously being the theme for that Workshop. The initial post shall contain a link to this thread, an explanation of that Workshop's theme and any conditions the Workshop creator may wish to apply to that assignment.

Conditions may be whatever the person setting up that Workshop wants, For example: "No PhotoShop-ing", "New photos only", or "Natural Lighting only". Please note that these are only examples; the Workshop creator may set whatever special rules he or she wishes to set for his or her "lesson". Or no special rules at all. So long as whatever rules they do set are not in conflict the basic ones explained here.

The Workshops shall have no seperate doll categories, no polls, no winners, no losers. Instead the photos submitted will be open for comment and critique. All comments should be constructive in nature, especially critical ones; in other words state why you feel the way you do about the photo. If you can give suggestions on how it can be improved or why you like it, so much the better. Anyone may post a comment/critique about any of the photos in any Workshop thread. Remember, Photography is art, and these are classrooms!

A Photo Workshop thread shall be kept open indefinitely so that any TDF member may post a photo, at any time, regardless of how old that particular workshop may be. This will allow future members enjoy and learn from it as well. Also any member may post a photo at any time, even if he or she has already done so in the past. However please do not flood a Workshop post or page with a $#!+pile of your photos, this just slows loading time. If you want to start a photo series, then post a couple in the Workshop thread and include a link to a separate thread or album for the rest.

If this idea is approved, I would like this thread post to be "stickied", and if possible set so it can be edited indefinitely; that way a table of contents linking to each of the Workshop threads may be added and updated (if not then links to Workshop threads could be added an replies, I guess).
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

blasters714

Re: The Photo Workshop Series

Post by blasters714 »

It's a great idea,I'm soon to post some pictures of my new Mechadoll and I'd love to get some great advice from experienced photographers.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Sounds good to me :thumbs_up:

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Excellent idea :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

mg4
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mg4 »

Sounds like fun,
Check out my Gallery:

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Great Idea! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :multi: :multi: :multi:

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

OK, based on the replies to my idea, people like it. However seeing as no Workshops have yet appeared, I am naively assuming that y'all have stage fright. So I'll break the ice..

Photo Workshop 1 - Love"
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

Note that I think this workshop series is a great idea, and I plan to participate... eventually.
Unfortunately, nothing comes to my mind to submit under the theme "Love", so I was letting the first one go by.
However, it seems that so is everyone else on the board :| I hate to see interest wain on such a good idea...

Maybe you can also solicit ideas for other themes, and we can do an informal "vote" (not a poll)?
I understand that anyone can start their own thread, but since no one is doing so, perhaps
this will get some of the creative juices flowing, or explain why participation is non-existent.

Maybe everyone can't wait to critique other's pics, but don't want to be the first to receive the criticism?

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

GFELube wrote:Note that I think this workshop series is a great idea, and I plan to participate... eventually.
Unfortunately, nothing comes to my mind to submit under the theme "Love", so I was letting the first one go by.
However, it seems that so is everyone else on the board :| I hate to see interest wain on such a good idea...
Then start a Workshop and pick a theme you like. The more the merrier.
GFELube wrote:Maybe you can also solicit ideas for other themes, and we can do an informal "vote" (not a poll)?

I understand that anyone can start their own thread, but since no one is doing so, perhaps this will get some of the creative juices flowing, or explain why participation is non-existent.
Hey, it's your Workshop. If you want to let people vote in order to help you choose a theme then go for it.
GFELube wrote:Maybe everyone can't wait to critique other's pics, but don't want to be the first to receive the criticism?
The phrase I used was constructive criticism; suggestions on possible ways you might improve on your work, not a judgment of your artistic abilities. You'll also get compliments as well and both you and others can learn from both. The whole idea behind the Workshops is to practice without the stress of competition that others have said keeps them from entering the monthly Photo Challenge/contest.

Basically as I inderstand it the purpose of this entire forum is to help people learn to be better photographers. There are already a few "lessons" on it, I intended the Workshops to be the "lab assignments".
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS