sexyrealsexdolls.com

Ze Plastico Fantastico

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Ze Plastico Fantastico

Post by GreatSoul »

Great stuff, everyone. :)

When I picked up a camera for the very first time last year after Cadence's arrival, I remember reading on a photography website that success was the result of 80% photographer, 15% lens and 5% camera. Now 14 months later I've seen enough and done enough to believe that is absolutely correct.

We've barely scratched the surface of what's possible in the coming months and years. I wish everyone here success behind the camera. :fadein:

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

late in this interesting post

I hope you keep posting great pictures and tips for better photos, your images are professional and very well made, the colors are fantastic! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

as a beginner in dsrl, a bright lens like the 50mm 1.8 resolves a lot of light situation and lack of camera controls skills.

my first lens after removing the 18-55 (kit) is the Nikkor 50mm 1.8 version an I love it.
AFS-nikkor-50mm-1.8-G.jpg
AFS-nikkor-50mm-1.8-G.jpg (83.69 KiB) Viewed 5536 times
it was made in the dark with no tripod, The only source of light in this shot was my screen computer. no photoshop.

Gio TheGREAT
Ex-Member

Post by Gio TheGREAT »

Ver beautiful doll !
GreatSoul wrote:If you have a Canon SLR or plan on getting one, I strongly recommend the Canon 50mm 1.8 prime lens ( or the "plastic fantastic" as the pros call it). It's very inexpensive (about $100 US on Amazon/ebay) while the sharpness and colors beat the hell out of any Canon kit lens.

It's great low light gear with it's 1.8 aperture and has pretty decent bokeh for a cheapo lens too. Autofocus is kinda slow but acceptable for the great images it will give you. :painting:

This was shot with a single 10-watt bulb in the evening using the 50mm @ 2.0:

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5649

If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

The 'plastic-fantastic' has been 'cloned' by a chinese manufacturer called Yongnuo, and is sold even cheaper compared to the Canon one.

But instead of a 1:1 clone, Yongnuo did do their own thing to the lens and even slightly improved on Canon's offering. Apparently they altered the optics slightly and most importantly they also equiped their lens with a better aperture (more blades) which yields a (much) better/smoother bokeh (rendering of out-of-focus parts).

For a comparison of both lenses: http://petapixel.com/2014/12/27/compari ... m-f1-8-ii/

Yongnuo also cloned Canon's f1.4 50mm ... and apparently a f2.0 35mm is on its way too.

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GreatSoul »

life-is-plastic wrote:The 'plastic-fantastic' has been 'cloned' by a chinese manufacturer called Yongnuo, and is sold even cheaper compared to the Canon one.

But instead of a 1:1 clone, Yongnuo did do their own thing to the lens and even slightly improved on Canon's offering. Apparently they altered the optics slightly and most importantly they also equiped their lens with a better aperture (more blades) which yields a (much) better/smoother bokeh (rendering of out-of-focus parts).

For a comparison of both lenses: http://petapixel.com/2014/12/27/compari ... m-f1-8-ii/

Yongnuo also cloned Canon's f1.4 50mm ... and apparently a f2.0 35mm is on its way too.
Yeah I've seen it around and thanks for mentioning. Only question would be durability with YN as some of their other products get mixed reviews in that area.

For such a low price on the 50 it's probably worth a shot :thumbs_up:

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GreatSoul »

[youtube]watch?v=J_kVliB8TW4[/youtube]

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

:D Just arrived a 50mm 1.8 of my Sony :whistle: I will try it out my friend! :D

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

Canon has upgraded the 1.8 50mm II into an EF 50mm f/1.8 STM ... brand new and shipping now

Improvements have been made to the aperture (rounder), the mount (metal), motor (much quieter STM) and coating

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by deerman »

An improvement my friend :D
Attachments
DSC06826.JPG
DSC06826.JPG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 4853 times

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

I agree I love the results deerman. :scrambleup: ace pic thanks. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Erica looks stunning. :scatter: Now all we need is for you to just get more pics so we can see the results. :P :P

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by deerman »

1jayjay wrote:I agree I love the results deerman. :scrambleup: ace pic thanks. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Erica looks stunning. :scatter: Now all we need is for you to just get more pics so we can see the results. :P :P
More pictures coming in the "girls new room thread"! :whistle:

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Thanks buddy you're sooooo good to me. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I'm on my way there now. :)

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GreatSoul »

life-is-plastic wrote:Canon has upgraded the 1.8 50mm II into an EF 50mm f/1.8 STM ... brand new and shipping now

Improvements have been made to the aperture (rounder), the mount (metal), motor (much quieter STM) and coating
L.I.P. you lens freak :mrgreen:
deerman wrote:An improvement my friend :D
Nice work there deerman have you switched to Canon?

Took this one with new 50 STM and yeah it's a nice upgrade over the older version. Canon priced it the same too!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

GreatSoul wrote:Took this one with new 50 STM and yeah it's a nice upgrade over the older version. Canon priced it the same too!
I love my plastic fantastic, except for one thing ... it's difficult to get the focus right. If this is improved, I'm going to buy the new one.

INFORMATIONS