sexyrealsexdolls.com

"CAMERAS" Which is the best, in your opinion, and why?

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Brash
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: "CAMERAS" Which is the best, in your opinion, and why?

Post by Brash »

I haven't read this whole thread but my vote would be for the Canon G12.
Many big photographers use this camera because it's small yet still gets an
amazing picture. Fairly simple too.

cheers

jim
ruby13
Attachments
canon g12 image.jpg
canon g12 image.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 2159 times

CaptainAwesome

Post by CaptainAwesome »

The Canon G9 and G11 are also quite nice, and likely available for a good price used.
Stephanie RD wrote:We take "live view" for granted on our point and shoots and phone cams but live view is rather new to SLRs. Not only are Sony's live views far better but it's so good they removed the expensive $300 traditional camera view finder. "But the in ad photos Sony SLRs appear to have view finders?" Not really. They are simply a digital projection like those annoying old style video cameras. They are not true view finders. Live view renders view finders obsolete.
You're using the term "live view" somewhat loosely. As DSLRs go, live view refers to the ability to compose an image using the LCD screen on the back of the camera, rather than through the view finder. For phone cams and most P&S cameras, there is no view finder at all, just the LCD screen, so it is always "live view". Sony, as you point out, has replaced the traditional through-the-lens (TTL) optical view finder (OVF) on their DSLRs with an electronic view finder (EVF). There are pros and cons on both sides of the OVF vs. EVF debate, but Sony's EVFs are, indeed, true view finders.

As to live view rendering view finders obsolete, if you are referring to composing images with an LCD display on the back of the camera rather than a view finder (OVF or EVF), I cannot disagree more. Holding a camera out a foot in front of your face, staring at a 3" LCD screen, is fine for a lot of things (but have fun trying to see that screen in bright sunlight), but for me - and, I'd wager, for a huge majority of anyone at least semi-serious about photography - it will never replace having the camera right up next to your eye, seeing what the lens is seeing. There's too much of a disconnect when the camera is out away from your eye.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

+1 :thumbs_up:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS