exdollofficial.com

Review of Naomi, my DS 145 via XS

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Lupin3
Active Poster
Active Poster

Review of Naomi, my DS 145 via XS

Post by Lupin3 »

<removed, see viewtopic.php?f=80&t=68191>

I recently had the pleasure to take ownership of Naomi, a DS 145 with rigid joints, finger bones, and a lovely sculpt. In fact, I think DS has some of the best sculpts in the business, regardless of price. DS sculptors seem to imbue their sculpts with a characterful presence, something that makes them seem to me more alive than many other manufacturers.

<removed, see viewtopic.php?f=80&t=68191>

It's been said that what really sets DS apart, however, is the sophistication of their skeleton for this price range. It certainly does allow for realistic and natural poses, which is critical to me as my interest is in photography.

I will say that it isn't without limitations, however. The lack of twist in the forearms requires extra twist in the wrists, which can bulge unrealistically as a consequence. The lack of bend where the head meets the neck leaves an unnatural rigidity in neck and head alignment. Shoulders are fixed in terms of their position relative to her back and chest, which means she cannot droop her shoulders, or raise them in surprise.

The platinum silicone ( PS ) is quite soft, and feels realistic generally. For the most part it flexes and folds as you'd expect.

It is, however, far too easy to tear. Her lower orifices will both tear if her legs are positioned too radically - despite the fact that the skeleton will take these poses. I had asked for reinforcements in these areas, but Nina was delivered without any.

Her breasts don't have the more realistic dynamics of some of the TPE dolls, but are perfectly capable for photographic purposes.

Her body overall is simply gorgeous, though quite small by Western standards.

I have a 2015 DS 145 minus with a pre-PS head, and the difference in the way it catches the light is significant, with PS being far more natural imho. It's often said the older models are better for photography because they can stand, but that's not the only criterion.

Positioning the eyes is a study in frustration, as they have a tendency to "snap" to useless positions, which makes it far more difficult than it should be to properly line the eyes. Partly as a consequence of this, and partly because it wasn't glued properly, an eyelash came off Nina within the first few hours of ownership.

My 2015 ( also PS ) had really quite sharp palm bones, one of which sliced right through the thin PS on her palm, creating a rather nasty injury. I hope the 2016 model has a more refined finish.

The skeleton on DS dolls is often said to be the best in their price range. That may be, but some issues remain: the lack of twist in the forearms requires more twist in the wrist, which can bulge unrealistically, and the inability to set the shoulder positions eliminates body language like drooped shoulders. Her skin is not without issues, particularly tearing which is a real problem for the 145s below the waist.

All in all, however, for my purposes I am extremely pleased with Nina, as indeed - so is she.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Nescio50 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed violation of Rule 1

Lupin3
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Review of Nina, my DS 145 via XS

Post by Lupin3 »

I also want to give a shout out to George at XS Dolls, who has been a great help in bringing Nina home - Thanks George!

Nova-I
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nova-I »

Hey Lupin, Great little read and thanks for your thoughts and review.. Unfortunately, Your pic's are are not showing. All I can see is a circle with a dash though it... You may have to log out of your TDF account to see what I'm talking about...

Lupin3
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lupin3 »

Nova-I wrote:Hey Lupin, Great little read and thanks for your thoughts and review.. Unfortunately, Your pic's are are not showing. All I can see is a circle with a dash though it... You may have to log out of your TDF account to see what I'm talking about...
Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into why my image server isn't sharing.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

No images? :(

Still, congrats!

Sayumi
Doll
Doll

Post by Sayumi »

Kyahoo~~ ヾ(^ω^*)

Konnichiwa~ \(⌒▽⌒)

Wow! Another TDF Cousin! Suprising the Nina Sisters are booming. (^_~)

We got Jeanette, Nina, Lila, me (Sayumi), and Mynina, now another one! \(≧▽≦)/

I'm so eager to meet her, what's her name? ( ´ ▽ ` )

I'm looking forward to see her! ☆ ~('▽^人)

In the meantime, I shall await!. (o^▽^o)

Until next time! ٩(◕‿◕)۶

Ja ne~~ (^0^)ノ

Sayumi-chan<3 (=^ ◡ ^=)
☆⌒ヽ(*'、^*)Kiss of Goodluck for everyone!(ღ˘⌣˘ღ):*♡
(◕‿◕✿)Sayumi-chan<3(=^ ◡ ^=)

Lupin3
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lupin3 »

Xephyr wrote:No images? :(

Still, congrats!
Sorry! Images should be viewable now!

Lupin3
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lupin3 »

Sayumi wrote:
Kyahoo~~ ヾ(^ω^*)

Konnichiwa~ \(⌒▽⌒)

Wow! Another TDF Cousin! Suprising the Nina Sisters are booming. (^_~)

We got Jeanette, Nina, Lila, me (Sayumi), and Mynina, now another one! \(≧▽≦)/

Ja ne~~ (^0^)ノ
But my Nina has no relation to Nina Nina...actually, I completely forgot that DS has a "Nina", I just liked the name. Perhaps I'll change it to Naomi...

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

Lupin3 wrote:But my Nina has no relation to Nina Nina...actually, I completely forgot that DS has a "Nina", I just liked the name. Perhaps I'll change it to Naomi...
Hi Lupin3,

Congrats on your new companion!

My Sayumi got excited for a minute until the pictures showed up.

Anyways, the title can mislead customers and other hobbyist looking for DS Nina as Nina is well known here in TDF and DS as the Nina with Nina elf counterpart. Anyways, if her name is Nina, you have to introduce her as DS Naomi.

I was just correcting this title because when I first got my DS Nina (Sayumi) I had a hard time looking through TDF and other website about her and her actual brand so having this could mislead someone. It's just a correction.

Hope to see more pictures though,

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

Lupin3
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lupin3 »

RJAce1014 wrote:
Lupin3 wrote:But my Nina has no relation to Nina Nina...actually, I completely forgot that DS has a "Nina", I just liked the name. Perhaps I'll change it to Naomi...
Hi Lupin3,

Congrats on your new companion!

My Sayumi got excited for a minute until the pictures showed up.

Anyways, the title can mislead customers and other hobbyist looking for DS Nina as Nina is well known here in TDF and DS as the Nina with Nina elf counterpart. Anyways, if her name is Nina, you have to introduce her as DS Naomi.

I was just correcting this title because when I first got my DS Nina (Sayumi) I had a hard time looking through TDF and other website about her and her actual brand so having this could mislead someone. It's just an advise.

Hope to see more pictures though,

RJ
Thanks for the tip - I'm basically a newbie so could use all the help I can get.

She has been suitably renamed to Naomi. Unless that one is taken too... :)

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

It's alright buddy!

Ask me anything in here or in PM if you need help.
I'm always glad to answer back nicely with any questions.

I've been there too and very little to none experience with forums hehe
but I gotten use to it ever since I started my doll paradise. xD

Hope to see more photos!

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Review of Naomi, my DS 145 via XS

Post by mi6c »

Welcome Naomi. :)
Nice intro, lovely pictures. :D
Here's to you having a long lovely time together. :glou:

All the best.

p.S.: Fwiw, afaik, the pre-2015 silicone is platinum cured silicone as well, just a different variety in terms of properties like hardness and shine.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Hi Lupin!
Welcome Naomi! What a stunning debut! Great pics, very artistic!
Lupin3 wrote: Shoulders are fixed in terms of their position relative to her back and chest, which means she cannot droop her shoulders, or raise them in surprise.
Experiment with moving her shoulders as they do move up/down/forward/backward. You may need to position and use her upper arm for leverage.
:glou:
Cheers!
Von
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

calvinchowstar88

Post by calvinchowstar88 »

Some pictures are good, but 1-2 of them are a little bit terrifying me.

Mr Gee

Post by Mr Gee »

She is very nice, love pic 2
all the best
Gee

INFORMATIONS