exdollofficial.com

How to handle the DS Lite

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

How to handle the DS Lite

Post by haremlover »

I have a new Lite reserved to do a really fun photoshoot in due course but thought that I would learn from someone else's mistakes first. So I bought the one second hand about which Phil complained at The Doll House. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=268&t=80013

Repairing the damage is quite a challenge as splits in the foam propagate easily. I tried a special glue for PU foam but it wasn't strong enough. On
http://bbs.exdoll.com/forum.php?mod=vie ... &tid=81686
there is the suggestion of using alcohol as a glue and the member in China has glued together the leg seam

On a piece of the PU foam I tried some methylated spirits. It relaxed the foam and made it swell but did not dissolve it suitably for gluing. I prepared the foam removing any oil/grease as recommended by the glue manufacturers using acetone. On the interior of the vaginal cavity, torn pink skin shrivelled on contact with the acetone so I'm guessing that the pink skin is a vinyl surface.

The Lite is most certainly an adventurous and technologically amazing product - but there are precautions necessary in using it.

The instructions that came with mine are a sheet which is actually not very helpful and it's VITAL to refer to the extra information on http://www.dsdoll.us/litedoll.html particularly with regard to the wrapping of the insert into clingfilm/plastic wrap before insertion into the cavity.

Inserting an insert without the film of plastic would leave a trace of silicone oil inside the cavity and provide a stickiness capable of tearing the foam as I've found on Phil's doll. Phil was quite right to test her at face value according to common sense and the printed instructions provided - and I think without the extra information there will be many more dolls damaged likewise.

The printed instructions also don't refer to the yellow sticks to enlarge and stiffen the joints. There is one fat one for the neck joint, two long ones for the arm and two shorter ones for the thigh. One of Phil's yellow sticks on the thigh wasn't pushed in long enough and this has made attachment and removal of one leg more difficult, with resulting damage to the foam at the joint. I'm going to be using a two part PU foam in small quantities for future repairs and to deal with this on the likelihood that the only thing that will stick to the foam is the stickiness of more foam.

Use for sex - the webpage states:
The doll is not a real woman: for sexual function, it's necessary to give her the correct posture. Customers have to take time for "running in" to find the most comfortable positions.
Um. I wish they'd give some ideas.

Legs bent too far up could split the foam. Legs splayed out could split the foam. I'm not sure if Phil's lady's ladyparts were split as a result of insert insertion without plastic-wrap or whether by splaying but certainly to inspect and attempt repair my splaying apart of the legs enlarged the split.

The skeleton is AMAZING in giving all the motions of the silicone skeleton, particularly the sideways back movement, and if it stays tight enough for posing will open up great photo opportunities.

I'll post some photos illustrating some of the above later.

The head, by the way, gives the impression of fine quality. A harder vinyl surface but looks wonderful. She has a tongue but extracting it may cause the mouth to be opened too much and the corner of the mouth to split. I'm not sure if the eyes are movable.

Certainly a most interesting doll but it's not a silicone doll - perhaps more of a taster of a solid doll before investing a lot more money into silicone. There are so many people who say "I don't know if an expensive solid doll with do things for me" . . . and certainly to have Kayla's face looking upon one to greet the morning is a pleasure.

I hope that others with experience of the Lite might give handling tips on this thread in due course. Within limitations to be expected she's a good doll but needs careful and gentle handling.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: How to handle the DS Lite

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Good luck with the repairs Harem! Excellent insight into this intriguing doll! maybe you should post a link to this thread in the other threads?
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Good stuff Harem nice to see it here.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Perhaps this thread might be made a sticky as I believe it will be widely important.

Doll Doc has very kindly messaged me to say that the stuff that really works with gluing foam in cases like this is Aquaseal. The problem is that in England one can't get clear Aquaseal - it's normally black. Any ideas?

First, assembly.
DSCN6600.JPG
DSCN6600.JPG (468.92 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
DSCN6601.JPG
DSCN6601.JPG (447.8 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
Phil had already inserted the yellow sticks which come in a packet
DSCN6651.JPG
DSCN6651.JPG (468.87 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
- here on the thighs
DSCN6622.JPG
DSCN6622.JPG (405.13 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
DSCN6623.JPG
DSCN6623.JPG (426.26 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
Sorry about focus on that last photo - the stick isn't pushed in far enough - oh looking at it I reckon that it's one of the long ones intended for the arms . . . so MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE LONG YELLOW STICKS INTO THE ARM SOCKETS. Getting it wrong has consequencies as we shall see.

Mounting the leg isn't a problem
DSCN6627.JPG
DSCN6627.JPG (470.32 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
but if you've put the wrong stick in the hole then the procedure to unmount the leg
doesn't work easily so the force required if you've got the sticks wrong causes
DSCN6626.JPG
DSCN6626.JPG (461.04 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
the foam to be pulled away from the joint. So I've got to do something to repair that :-(

Mounting the arms - beware -
DSCN6631.JPG
DSCN6631.JPG (465.65 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
there are two location holes so easy to get it wrong as I did
DSCN6629.JPG
DSCN6629.JPG (477.43 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
and had to prise apart the joint with a screwdriver as recommended
DSCN6630.JPG
DSCN6630.JPG (467.23 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
(well I've seen a diagram recommending that but can't find it now . . . but that's the way to do it) although I think it's easy to crack the flange plate in doing so.

The rotational matching of the legs with the thighs is quite good. More photos will follow.

Having been spoiled with some of the best of silicone and TPE dolls, I'm not jumping up and down with unbounded love (yet) for this lady but she's an interesting addition to inflatables and will no doubt be extremely interesting for posing for photos.

I've known my wife now for over 30 years so physicality isn't quite what it used to be. A doll in bed is a comforter when my wife's not around. That's great. In that capacity, this doll works, an if the skin is at all wrinkled it gives a texture more like real skin. It's smooth without needing to be powdered. The breasts are fondlable.

But in bed I like laying on my side whilst in communion with my wife. With a doll lying on one's side front to front, one leg across her thigh, dolls with more resilient TPE or silicone can be very comfortable. But with a doll with soft foam, or thin thighs, one feels her bone underneath.

A doll isn't human, and doesn't know what you like. One doll will do something rather well and hasn't a clue how to do something else.

Cuddling from behind is satisfactory, even rather good. Her bum is shapely.

But with the damage that this second hand doll came with to her crotch, I haven't attempted a sexual position.

I'm very fortunate in having had the opportunity of a second hand doll cheaply on which to see how not to handle a pristine one . . . and hopefully the tips that will accrue on this thread will help others to get the best out of their ladies.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Thank You Harem! It's good that someone takes the time to do this detailed review and analysis of this product.

Very interested to see how you manage a photo shoot and how much skin you expose in the process.
L✰neR✯nger

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Thanks for compliment. This isn't what I would normally do for a photoshoot - that's to come . . .

Whilst looking at details
- hands are good
DSCN6609.JPG
DSCN6609.JPG (449.21 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
DSCN6612.JPG
DSCN6612.JPG (471.69 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
with nice fingernails
DSCN6614.JPG
DSCN6614.JPG (467.56 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
Wrinkles give realism to the elbows
DSCN6611.JPG
DSCN6611.JPG (458.14 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
Feet are good
DSCN6602.JPG
DSCN6602.JPG (459.93 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
with nice shading
DSCN6604.JPG
DSCN6604.JPG (452.36 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
and range of skeletal movement on the ankles
DSCN6606.JPG
DSCN6606.JPG (459.11 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
DSCN6605.JPG
DSCN6605.JPG (465.67 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
As visible here above the ankles on the seam there are small 1mm diameter holes in the foam clearly for wires for the positioning of the skeleton in the mould. Water could enter the foam through these holes past the PVC skin and saturate the foam so DON'T IMMERSE THIS DOLL IN WATER.

Rotational matching of legs with thighs
DSCN6638.JPG
DSCN6638.JPG (484.63 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
By the way, this is what the lady bits should look like correctly installed, on my pristine one not out of box
DSCN6644.JPG
DSCN6644.JPG (494.04 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
PU foam has NO STRENGTH IN TENSION. It tears - so don't stretch the mouth.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

Thank you very much for this very informative post!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

;-) It's lovely to do and see photos of our ladies as glamour girls, but here I felt it important to do a very unglamorous set of photos showing better how to handle these ladies so that we're able to see people doing glamour girl shoots of this lady, and enthusing about her, in the future rather than complaining of shortcomings arising from not understanding and taking account of the materials and unusual construction.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Very informative, had been wondering how these dolls worked.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

haremlover wrote:[…] the stuff that really works with gluing foam in cases like this is Aquaseal. The problem is that in England one can't get clear Aquaseal […]
Glueing PUR foam is not a real problem. I use epoxy resin for that.

The problem at hand is - imho - the coating as the polyurethane foam in the EX lite is not intrinsically pigmented, so the foam below the skin surface has a different color than the skin surface. That's a major difference to TPE or silicone "flesh" with intrinsic pigmentation.

I have no idea yet how to restore the surface color. You probably need to airbrush extrinsic pigments over areas with material loss, and that would require pigments and a solvent that doesn't harm the coating. I hope someone comes up with a (much) easier approach. Maybe one could try to add pigments to the two-component epoxy resin and then matt it down during cure time.

Yes, the eyes are moveable and you can even taken them out (risking that the sides of the eyes tear). The eyes used by DS have a diameter of 24 mm, full rounds, with a cavity on the back. It's the same size and type as used in the silicone doll eye mechanism, just without the spring mechanics.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

piacere
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by piacere »

Thank you harem for your always very informative and detailed explanations, and dollstudio. Yes this should definitely be a sticky thread as it will become huge later on for suggestions.

The only thing i don't get is why the manufacturers with their tons of extra material and their chemical engineers don't try to give the correct solutions.
Like the threads all over this forum with huge amount of pages to care, maintenance and fixes for silicone and tpe, is more like the user and not manufacturer to come up with ideas, experiments etc. at the cost of possibly ruin our dolls further.

Later lovers.
It is not how fast you go, but how you go fast.
It is not how slow you go, but how you go slow.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Thanks

Problem with epoxy resin is that like cyanoacrylate it's hard and not flexible.

This is the result of installing the insert without clingfilm and or leg spreading too widely:
DSCN6632.JPG
DSCN6632.JPG (464.06 KiB) Viewed 5053 times
DSCN6635.JPG
DSCN6635.JPG (469.2 KiB) Viewed 5053 times
DSCN6636.JPG
DSCN6636.JPG (469.04 KiB) Viewed 5053 times
The skin is not a pigment but I think is a very thin vinyl - PVC layer. It's a very sophisticated construction.

This is reason for people to explore the capabilities of their new doll very gently and observantly until they can find what she can do, rather than as with this example finding out what she can't do too soon.

Best wishes,

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

piacere
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by piacere »

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Interesting - thanks

In England we can get easily
http://www.jackson-sports.com/en/McNett ... -1070.aspx or
https://www.amazon.co.uk/McNett-Aquasea ... B000MMNCV0
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquaseal-Ureth ... B001XUMBIA

I wonder what the differences are between Aquaseal and Aquasure?

Provided these dolls can be repaired without difficulty one can have much more confidence in them - but for photography a major factor is how long it takes for the skeleton to become too loose.

This is what I used but it didn't hold
DSCN6639.JPG
DSCN6639.JPG (477.25 KiB) Viewed 5023 times
but perhaps I didn't obey the instructions carefully enough.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

piacere
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by piacere »

After this thread becomes sticky (by removing my comments first of course because i'm silly)
I'm sure the outer layer has to be some kind of spray paint, is too thin to be a cover layer. But i think replacing the foam broken parts will not be the issue. The challenge is the outer layer, that's why i think is some kind of paint, which will make everything much easy to fix.

But there are some amazing almost fiction products out there.
ex/ds should have used this for the outside layer :) look at how resistant and elastic is when sprayed on a bucket of water at the beginning, and just for curiosity how it makes those cinder blocks more resistant, and of course is waterproof. I'm sure this material is also fluoroantimonic acid resistant lol, the strongest corrosive acid in the world i think.

INFORMATIONS