betterlovedoll.com

Help with a BBC radio documentary

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
BBC News
Media Account
Media Account

Help with a BBC radio documentary

Post by BBC News »

Hello all.
I am a journalist at the BBC and a colleague and I are making a radio documentary about robot/human relationships. We are visiting Real Doll to find out more about the dolls they are developing that will have artificial intelligence. We'd also love to chat to some of the owners of dolls, especially any who have pre-ordered or are interested in the next wave of dolls that will come with robotics and AI. Please get in touch if you'd like to take part - if you don't want to use your name or even your real voice, we are happy to accommodate that. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Pyewacket
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Help with a BBC radio documentary

Post by Pyewacket »

Hello,
whatever you do please don't make it onto the standard 'weird guy with doll' scenario.
There are a lot of intelligent, artful, socially active people in the genera too..and some women.

Ive been interested in the concept for quite some time, explored it in many ways as much as a hobbyist can. Through years of research and experimentation , virtual reality avatar/doll/robot ownership. Role play with 'bots' to navigate how one responds to the ' other' over time, working with bots in VR. Owning a tpe sex doll. Reading about the psychology of fetishism , reading and watching any book or movie that picks up the theme of AI and robotics. Reading posts on TDF ! Doing performance art with both real and virtual robots. And of course following robots and AI creation online. For every individual there's a world of diverse ideas and exploration! The notion of relationship would be different for everyone, for the participant or the observer.

Im at the stage of waiting. Ive seen in real life convincing Japanese 'chat bots' but AI isn't here yet, but its close. Ive built scripts for chat bots but have had little emotional attachment, not as deep as ones own imagination can go with a doll.

I recommend going BEYOND Real doll. every documentary crew goes there , its a little tiresome! Unless of course the AI is TRULY ground breaking. Otherwise its just a bit gimmicky. I recommend talking to a pro-doll/pro ai psychologist! or sociologist! Research 'West world' in its theoretical discussion not just its visual interpretation! What did Ex -machina miss out in its interpretation of ai/human relations? what did it nail?

I listen to BBC radio a lot and know there can be highly stimulating discussions that can break new ground and open new ideas. Its a fascinating subject and one which will be hugely important in the years to come. In the future itll be 'robots' doing radio shows about how it is to relate to a human.
Go well!

BBC News
Media Account
Media Account

Post by BBC News »

Thanks for your thoughts - would you be interested in taking part as you raise some very valid and interesting points?

Pyewacket
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Pyewacket »

I have a speech impediment in real life, so interviews aren't my strong point (i was on national radio news once upon a time and they had to edit out the stuttering..not enough time!).
i would defiantly come across as 'weird guy with doll' !!
Im fairly good at the written word though, i think, so am happy to help in that respect, but its probably not so helpful. Ther'll be better essays online from within university disciplines anyway!
Interviewing the standard woodcutter hobbyist with a love of dolls, and the need for a Stepford wife would be..ok..but its been done a million times before. careful who you interview! Find the most complex AI to date and interview it?
hmm

Pyewacket
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Pyewacket »

Im surprised there have been no other replys to this post. For someone able i think it be a cool thing to do! Privacy is probably a very serious thing on this subject.

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

Pyewacket wrote:Im surprised there have been no other replys to this post.
i'm not, the BBC are known for twisting a story to fit there own narrative and that's why no one trusts them. They tried to do it with the mgtow community as well but they are smart and refused to do an interview. The UK are far too stuck up to understand doll owners and would never understand the reasoning behind it no matter how good the story may be. This is why they go over to america where it is more wide spread and talk to real doll who are probably fed up of giving interviews now. Real doll make up a very small part of doll makers and a reporter should look into the popularity of TPE now, then they will understand how many doll owners there really are.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

I think you should find and interview the Japanese researcher who is making the Erica bot. It would offer non-sexual point of view to the documentary as Erica is designed just for conversation.

It doesn't have the "sex doll" stigma that Realdoll has. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if the focus is really human/robot relationships, a conversational robot would offer nice contrast to the whole sex bot aspect of it all. Not to mention showing the companionship side of this niche.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

I have no interest in a phone conversation, but have no problem with email or just posting in this thread. If you prefer email, please use this forum's private messaging. I have a couple of dolls, and a big interest in artificial intelligence.

KiltedCowboy

Post by KiltedCowboy »

Don't know how I managed to miss this thread....I would be willing to chat with you.

Mark
美琳 (Měi Lín) Doll Sweet 158 with Nanase head.

Ownerfckdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ownerfckdoll »

kruiser wrote:
Pyewacket wrote:Im surprised there have been no other replys to this post.
i'm not, the BBC are known for twisting a story to fit there own narrative and that's why no one trusts them. They tried to do it with the mgtow community as well but they are smart and refused to do an interview. The UK are far too stuck up to understand doll owners and would never understand the reasoning behind it no matter how good the story may be. This is why they go over to america where it is more wide spread and talk to real doll who are probably fed up of giving interviews now. Real doll make up a very small part of doll makers and a reporter should look into the popularity of TPE now, then they will understand how many doll owners there really are.
I couldn't disagree with this more. The BBC does some amazing reporting. I respect them even more last year or so when they said they were going to quit doing "false equivalence" to any story if there's like a 90% consensus on one side. I.E. having two people on to debate climate change (one on each side), when there's a 97% consensus that it's happening and it's man made.

But anyway, I'm not their guy because I like my doll the way she is, and am not concerned with her being "robotic" or have any AI. :)

INFORMATIONS