betterlovedoll.com

TV interview with Rebecca, Stellai, Rosaleintje and maybe me

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Stevo85

Re: TV interview with Rebecca, Stellai, Rosaleintje and mayb

Post by Stevo85 »

Seems theres more Dutch people here than I imagined! :)

I feels a little bit anxious now. Dolls in the media is getting awfully close to my bed! I might even find people discussing them around me. Im gonna have to pratice my pokerface for when that happens.
Kind regards,

Stevo

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Congratulations, even though it was dutch Iunderstood enough to get the most.

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

WOW! Missed this thread!!
I assume that the not meat based trio Stellai, Rosaleintje and Rebecca told them a lot during the interview (some hidden secrets??) and that the guy with the camera started sweating by trying the very best on focusing these beauties :razz: :razz: :razz:
I will try to download the movie (not seen yet) but I'm more than sure that this interview is well done and a valued publishing to share the great fashion these dolls bring to us.
Congratulations from my side :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

- SF - :D

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

Nescio50 wrote:The item was broadcast yesterday on Dutch public TV.

Here's a link to the item on internet: http://binnenland.eenvandaag.nl/tv-item ... _revolutie

Sorry, but it's all in Dutch.
And the topic is of course at the end, so you can skip the first 20 minutes. The entire topic is about 5 minutes.
Personally I am pleased with the part they have used of the interview they did with me, though I fear that the points I was trying to make have been cropped so much that hardly anybody will remember it.

- The taboo on having lifelike dolls is silly and the prejudices about the owners of lifelike dolls suck.
- Truely robotic heads on dolls, capable of making convincing looking humanlike expressions when communicating with us are so much expensive to develop and produce that if it would come to producing them, they will turn out to be completely unaffordable for consumers.

The other points that I made during the interview did not make it, so I will not repeat them here.
Stevo85 wrote:Seems theres more Dutch people here than I imagined! :)

I feels a little bit anxious now. Dolls in the media is getting awfully close to my bed! I might even find people discussing them around me. Im gonna have to pratice my pokerface for when that happens.
... Or you can just participate in the discussion and speak your mind :wink:
brigittes hubbie wrote:Congratulations, even though it was dutch Iunderstood enough to get the most.

Chris
I am sure you did, Chris. You recently had a lot of practice listening to Dutch :lol:
siliconefun wrote:WOW! Missed this thread!!
I assume that the not meat based trio Stellai, Rosaleintje and Rebecca told them a lot during the interview (some hidden secrets??) and that the guy with the camera started sweating by trying the very best on focusing these beauties :razz: :razz: :razz:
I will try to download the movie (not seen yet) but I'm more than sure that this interview is well done and a valued publishing to share the great fashion these dolls bring to us.
Congratulations from my side :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

- SF - :D
Ohh, boy, I hope the interview will not turn out to be a complete disappointment for you, SF :oops:

Koen
Creator of ScoonimDolls

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Well that was interesting, it was great to see Rosaleintje, Stellai and Koen but the section wasn't very long.
It was also interrupted by a stolen snippet from Hans and his 20 dolls showing their huge underwear collection. :D
I only managed to pick up on some of the Nederlands, it's been too long and I've forgotten loads.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Koen wrote: Ohh, boy, I hope the interview will not turn out to be a complete disappointment for you, SF :oops:

Koen
Creator of ScoonimDolls
Hi Koen,
so far it's quite interesting to follow the Dutch news and I remember some scenes from "Hans en zijn vier vrouwen", "RealDoll Robotics" but it's generally not that bad because it shows the general development coming the next future, just too short on the main interview which we loved to see :? . I could not download the video (embedded player) but it was okay for me :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Hugs for the dolls :angel:

- SF -

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

Mondoon wrote:Well that was interesting, it was great to see Rosaleintje, Stellai and Koen but the section wasn't very long.
It was also interrupted by a stolen snippet from Hans and his 20 dolls showing their huge underwear collection. :D
I only managed to pick up on some of the Nederlands, it's been too long and I've forgotten loads.
Hans and his 20 dolls ? .... that is a lot of dolls, and it is certainly not what I recall. lol

As for what has been said, well it is no use translating it all. The topic was about technical developments that are going to influence our sex life. The dolls were just present because they look human and alive, which suggests that the development for robotics will be connected to the doll market. In my interview I commented (they cut out pretty much all of the explaining) that this would not be the case.

Koen
Creator of ScoonimDolls

Stevo85

Post by Stevo85 »

Koen wrote:
Stevo85 wrote:Seems theres more Dutch people here than I imagined! :)

... Or you can just participate in the discussion and speak your mind :wink:
You're absolutely right! I try that from time to time when it involves strangers. I always advocate the benefits of dolls and defend against some of the worst accusations. Claims of doll owners being potential rapists or pedophiles and such. Its utterly ridiculous.

At my work I will keep quiet though. Im jokingly being suspected of owning a doll. Speaking out in favor of them may just make that worse. (Little do they know that they were correct all along!) And its a small town I live in so word travels fast. Before you know it, im "the dollman" everyone makes fun of in the local bar.

Interesting article by the way. I dont really watch tv so im glad I got to hear of it this way.
Kind regards,

Stevo

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Koen, yes indeed, but I´m far from perfect. :wink:

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

Stevo85 wrote:You're absolutely right! I try that from time to time when it involves strangers. I always advocate the benefits of dolls and defend against some of the worst accusations. Claims of doll owners being potential rapists or pedophiles and such. Its utterly ridiculous.

At my work I will keep quiet though. Im jokingly being suspected of owning a doll. Speaking out in favor of them may just make that worse. (Little do they know that they were correct all along!) And its a small town I live in so word travels fast. Before you know it, im "the dollman" everyone makes fun of in the local bar.

Interesting article by the way. I dont really watch tv so im glad I got to hear of it this way.
The carved-in-stone taboo on having lifelike dolls is as silly as it is solid. In the real interview I did spend a considerable amount of time and words on tearing down this wall. But it did not fit in the topic. In fact it is surprizing that they did not cut out the entire part. They kept my remark about the fact that doll owners are just normal people that in everyday life are completely indistinguishable from everybody else.

Glad you liked it, Stevo

Koen
Creator of ScoonimDolls

INFORMATIONS