betterlovedoll.com

Doll of Fame - doll documentary

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doll of Fame - doll documentary

Post by RainLover »

Credit to Tetrasol for finding this doll documentary.
Doll of Fame wrote:Your Guide to Understanding & Enjoying the Sex Doll Revolution. Knighted by Vanity Fair as the "Rosa Parks of Sex Dolls," David Mills employs adroit humor, empathy, and science to introduce you to your futuristic silicone soulmate. (For mature audiences.) HD, 50 minutes, Comedy/Documentary.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Re: Doll of Fame - doll documentary

Post by deerman »

It's a lot to take in! :D But very enjoyable. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

TP876

Post by TP876 »

This is worth a watch but he isn't funny. His jokes were extremely predictable, particularly the ones where it seems like he's talking about one of two things and at the end he was actually talking about the other thing. The part where it seems like he's alluding to the idea of a politician being embarrassed about being seen with a sex doll but instead he was talking about a sex doll being embarrassed about being seen with a politician was so painfully obvious- you could see it from space. Anyone who did not see that coming raise your hand.

I admire the guy for being ballsy enough to declare all he did, he's a lot braver than me, but as far as his comedic talents go I didn't laugh once or even grin. But I must tip my hat to him as another doll owner for putting this out there.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I thought it was great. That guy went public very admirable.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

His jokes were a bit "flat", however the interview was interesting - he really made some good points about the industry and benefits of owning a doll.

Nice find, RainLover - thanks!
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Yes watch this the other night. Pretty good, like George said the jokes were a bit.. well you'll see.
But the interview part was good and so true in many ways.

get your popcorn out , it's a long one.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Helix

Post by Helix »

I liked this documentary. The stand-up comedy parts were indeed not so funny.
Taffy looks gorgeous :razz:
My dolls: Wei Lin and Tzuyu

TP876

Post by TP876 »

I was thinking, calling him the "Rosa Parks of sex dolls" is kind of in poor taste. We as sex doll owners are not being oppressed. If someone wants a Realdoll they pay for one and Abyss will discreetly send that person one. No problem. If someone doesn't like the idea of us having sex dolls, so what? That doesn't take away our right to have one. We don't have to stand up for our rights like Rosa Parks did. Being aware that some people don't like the same things as you is not oppression. And yeah, usually people would find it more strange that a man would have a Realdoll than a woman would have a vibrator, but again, so what? At most Mr. Mills is trying to shape public opinion to be less off put by Realdolls. We Realdoll owners don't have to stand up and fight for anything. We already have the right to have a Realdoll and exercise it. If someone finds my relationship with Julie weird it makes no difference to me. We don't need some sort of leader to fight for our rights because we already have our rights. Equating Mr. Mills with Rosa Parks isn't just in poor taste but absurd as well.

Mello_Pello
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mello_Pello »

Thought the video was pretty good, and well authored.Great view on Doll ownership. I wonder how old this vid is?
I also laughed a bit also, and thought his humor was pretty funny. Took alot of time for this guy to put together, jokes and all. Well done!

TP876

Post by TP876 »

I just sat through this thing again (I had some time to kill) and I know I'm beating a dead horse but this guy is just so unfunny it makes me angry. David Mills is just a lazy unemployed man who is "standing up for the rights of doll owners" to avoid getting a job. Thanks a lot Dave. I really needed someone to stand up for my right to have a Realdoll. I also think I need some brave crusader like you to stand up for my right to get a book at the library or to buy food at a grocery store. Jackass.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

TP876 wrote:I just sat through this thing again (I had some time to kill) and I know I'm beating a dead horse but this guy is just so unfunny it makes me angry. David Mills is just a lazy unemployed man who is "standing up for the rights of doll owners" to avoid getting a job. Thanks a lot Dave. I really needed someone to stand up for my right to have a Realdoll. I also think I need some brave crusader like you to stand up for my right to get a book at the library or to buy food at a grocery store. Jackass.
As far as I can tell, David Mills is the noted author of a popular book on atheism and an audiobook about "overcoming self-esteem." Doesn't sound lazy or unemployed to me, just carefree and independent. :wink:

Your reaction reminds of the time when Commander Data had his emotion chip in and could taste food. He was sitting in Ten Forward having a drink and complaining about how awful it was. He hated it! Then Guinan asks him if he wants more. He says, "Please!"

:glou: :haha4:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Mello_Pello
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mello_Pello »

Haha...doesnt seem like he is standing up for anyone other than himself. Why would he need to. I doubt he put that much time into his video for other doll owners to feel better about themselves. Again, the guy has some balls, kudos to him for the time he put into it and all the funny jokes he attempted, and yes I think some of his jokes were funny and I laughed. Great vid

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

That was funny,....

The jokes were a little old but with that lame delivery it was funny.

I say well done.

Very entertaining.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

TP876

Post by TP876 »

RainLover wrote:Your reaction reminds of the time when Commander Data had his emotion chip in and could taste food. He was sitting in Ten Forward having a drink and complaining about how awful it was. He hated it! Then Guinan asks him if he wants more. He says, "Please!"

:glou: :haha4:
I don't know who Commander Data is but I had a few glasses of red wine in me when I wrote that.

And Mills says in the video he never had a job and in his Vanity Fair interview he kind of brags about his laziness.

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

he had some good points but this guy is completely unfunny and if i had to choose a representative of doll culture i may not choose him but kudos for putting himself out there
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

INFORMATIONS