betterlovedoll.com

Doll of Fame - doll documentary

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
TP876

Re: Doll of Fame - doll documentary

Post by TP876 »

noob1977 wrote:he had some good points but this guy is completely unfunny and if i had to choose a representative of doll culture i may not choose him but kudos for putting himself out there
He's not even funny by not being funny, like in the TV show The Office where Michael would say an unfunny off-color joke and the people around him would just awkwardly look at him and that's what would make me laugh. Mills doesn't have it going for him where you can laugh at how bad the joke or his delivery was. His "comedy" was devoid of humor on every level.

I know I'm being a little preoccupied with this, but one of my biggest pet peeves is people who think they're really funny who aren't- or people who think they're really charming or cute or intelligent when they're not- jackasses who think that the room lights up when they walk into it. I resent that I'm supposed to fake a reaction in order to validate an egotistical person to avoid hurting their feelings. I have no problem just standing there blank faced when one of these people tells me a "joke". I don't care that I made them look foolish.

One time a woman at work told me that I had no sense of humor when I didn't laugh at her joke. I told her I had a great sense of humor, she just wasn't funny. That made her cry and I did feel bad about that. Another time, when I was maybe about 14 or 15, I decided that I was no longer going to force myself to laugh at my "funny" uncle. He thought I went into some deep depression. I thought to myself, go ahead, talk into a banana like it's a phone. I'm not going to pretend it's amusing.

And there's another reason I like dolls so much, they don't say things that annoy me.

INFORMATIONS