betterlovedoll.com

Film about Dolls

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Film about Dolls

Post by deadpringle »

Nescio50 wrote:Hi all, I received a message from Sophie. Their documentary has been finalised. The premiere will be soon.
She asked me to share the trailer:
Thanks for the heads-up Nescio! Looks great, and it was neat seeing our resident airborne hero on camera again. :)

Did they hint at anyone else in the final video whom we would recognize?

BTW, here is a teaser trailer I found on Vimeo:
--
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

deadpringle wrote:Did they hint at anyone else in the final video whom we would recognize?

BTW, here is a teaser trailer I found on Vimeo
It has become a documentary about Everhard, not on doll owners in general. They did shoot when a few TDF members had diner together, so if this made it to the final cut, you'll recognise some members (I was there but I prefer not to show my face on public TV, so you won't see me :wink: ).

Most of the trailer was shot in a studio in The Netherlands featuring Lissa (one of my dolls), the documentary itself is shot on location in the UK. I don't know (don't expect) the trailer to be part of the documentary.

The premiere is planned for the first week of July. Public TV broadcast in The Netherlands is later this year. I don't know about international broadcast or internet. I'll try to share, but I have to respect copyrights and such, I'll keep TDF informed :D

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Impressive camera work, dolls look really fine in movies and this is so professional edited!!!

Guy

docufilm90
Documentary & TV
Documentary & TV

Post by docufilm90 »

Hi everyone!
The film will be on a Festival in Amsterdam at the beginning of July. Then it will be broadcasted on Dutch television and after that you can watch it online via a link. I'm not sure if this link will work outside the Netherlands. (For the Dutch people.. its uitzendinggemist) But were going to festivals all around the world so I will keep you updated about were the film will be showed so you can visit it if you live nearby.
And yes.. the scene with other doll members on the dollmeet is in the film ;)
Kind regards,
Sophie

ps allot of people wanted to buy a realdoll after seeing the film :) But then where shocked when I told them the price haha

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

docufilm90 wrote:we're going to festivals all around the world so I will keep you updated about were the film will be showed so you can visit it if you live nearby.
That's great :thumbs_up:
docufilm90 wrote:And yes.. the scene with other doll members on the dollmeet is in the film ;)
To all who were at the European/UK Doll Meet last year, don't worry, this scene was shot somewhere else on the day before the meet. Those who are recognisable agreed to it :wink:

I'll try to go to watch the film in Amsterdam and tell you about it 8)

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

docufilm90 wrote:ps allot of people wanted to buy a realdoll after seeing the film :) But then where shocked when I told them the price haha
That's an usual reaction on curious people when I told them the price of a doll :whistle: => with 3 dolls?..... they starts to count the overall invested amount but although it's less than the investment for a good car :haha4:

Cheers, Guy

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

docufilm90 wrote:Hi everyone!
The film will be on a Festival in Amsterdam at the beginning of July. Then it will be broadcasted on Dutch television and after that you can watch it online via a link. I'm not sure if this link will work outside the Netherlands. (For the Dutch people.. its uitzendinggemist) But were going to festivals all around the world so I will keep you updated about were the film will be showed so you can visit it if you live nearby.
Kind regards,
Sophie

ps allot of people wanted to buy a realdoll after seeing the film :) But then where shocked when I told them the price haha
The best of luck Sophie :D. From the clips I've seen you and the team have done a really professional looking film. I'm sure the viewers will love it. Plus I also sure you'll have a great future in the media industry :wink:. I'm just wondering how drunk I was when you filmed us at dinner in Abingdon :drinking: :lol:.
 Click to go to Coverdoll

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

docufilm90 wrote:Hi everyone!
I hope we'll get to see the film out here in the U.S. somehow. Everhard in particular has very insightful things to say regarding doll ownership.

One of my favorite quotes from him is this, regarding difficulties meeting women:
--
"It's a bit like you've been sentenced to something, and they won't tell you why, what you've done."
docufilm90 wrote:ps allot of people wanted to buy a realdoll after seeing the film :) But then where shocked when I told them the price haha
Ah-HA! Now I know why so many people say dolls are strange and they don't want one... sour grapes! :lol:

I'm willing to wager these dolls will become more prevalent and more affordable in the next 5 to 10 years. Personally, I think a man would have to be insane to not want one of these beauties. :)
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

Atlanta2013

Post by Atlanta2013 »

siliconefun wrote:
That's an usual reaction on curious people when I told them the price of a doll :whistle: => with 3 dolls?..... they starts to count the overall invested amount but although it's less than the investment for a good car :haha4:

Cheers, Guy
Yes and a car lose more in value for each year, and there is insurance, fuel, tax, service.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

This afternoon I was in Amsterdam at the premiere of 'my silicone love' the documentary of Sophie and Eleanora about Everhard and his dolls.
It's impossible to describe this documentary in a post, but it is a beautiful film :thumbs_up: It's a beautiful portrait of Everhard and his dolls, it's done very respectfully.
It was also the graduation project for Sophie and Eleanora and some other students, so congrats to you :glou:

The documentary will be broadcast on public tv in The Netherlands in September. Hopefully it will be available on internet at some future time - I'll keep you informed.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hip hip hooray, hats off to Everhard and the nice makers of the film. They were very nice and I´m very curious now.
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

A big congratulations to Sophie, Noor and the team :glou:.
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

That second trailer is VERY well done!
Very romantic in fact.

I am really looking forward to seeing this, I hope it will be viewable around the world.

I gotta go hug my girls, just because.
;)

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

docufilm90
Documentary & TV
Documentary & TV

Post by docufilm90 »

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday we won the audience award. We are very happy with the film and are super excited that the comments in the papers are positieve about Everard and the dolls. Everyone i saying its respectful movie were you really understand this way of life.
Mission accomplished! Thanks so much for who helped us with the film and of course big love to Everard.
I make sure a DVD will be send to nescio so you can watch the film during the dollmeet.
Good weekend!

Sophie

Ps we worked together with Benita Marcussen for the poster of the film and I think it turned out beautiful. So thanks Benita!!
Attachments
MSL_Poster_WEB_72dpi.jpg
MSL_Poster_WEB_72dpi.jpg (4.94 MiB) Viewed 2800 times

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

Playtime wrote:I hope it will be viewable around the world.

ditto!

that's awesome. :mrgreen:

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

INFORMATIONS