betterlovedoll.com

Are we there yet? Sex Robots by 2025.

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Are we there yet? Sex Robots by 2025.

Post by Mr-Smith »

Not sure we are quite there yet, but interesting non the less...
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1880 ... g-our-jobs
" The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long..."

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Are we there yet? Sex Robots by 2025.

Post by RainLover »

After the "robot jobocalypse" (mentioned in the article), I think I could handle being a robot's wife, with his favorite lube warmed and waiting for when he got home. :twisted:

:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

broadfall

Post by broadfall »

I was sitting here saying "yes, sure" by 2025 they will have them because that is way in the future
and then it occurred to me that it is only 10.5 years from now.
Wow, I agree I don't think they will be there in 10 years but who knows.....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/15/world/asi ... evolution/
".....a man got to do something to make a living these days"
Dying ain't much of a living..... boy.
-Outlaw Josie Wales

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

RainLover wrote:After the "robot jobocalypse" (mentioned in the article), I think I could handle being a robot's wife, with his favorite lube warmed and waiting for when he got home. :twisted:

I've heard some women complain that their husbands were rather mechanical in--ahem--certain ways. :haha4:
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
RainLover wrote:After the "robot jobocalypse" (mentioned in the article), I think I could handle being a robot's wife, with his favorite lube warmed and waiting for when he got home. :twisted:

I've heard some women complain that their husbands were rather mechanical in--ahem--certain ways. :haha4:
This is true. For a robot to be anything more than a doll with electronics, he or she would have to have an outstanding personality with intelligence and depth of emotion and subtlety, which is why this is all such fantasy. I want to feel loved and appreciated every day. Hard enough to get that from real people, much less a contraption, no matter how sophisticated. :(
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

RainLover wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote: <snip>

This is true. For a robot to be anything more than a doll with electronics, he or she would have to have an outstanding personality with intelligence and depth of emotion and subtlety, which is why this is all such fantasy. I want to feel loved and appreciated every day. Hard enough to get that from real people, much less a contraption, no matter how sophisticated. :(
Given a choice between many of the people I've known and electro-mechanical devices, I'd prefer the machines. I tend to get along better with them.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

ctalon

Post by ctalon »

Bah, those will just be prototypes. Give it another 40 years, and shit's going to get wild.

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
RainLover wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote: <snip>

Given a choice between many of the people I've known and electro-mechanical devices, I'd prefer the machines. I tend to get along better with them.
Totally agree about both comments, Rainlover and katiesBoyfreind' :) may as well have a doll, just try not to immearse them in water, remember cherry 2000 ?didnt go well for their romantic night in. :)

kiralove
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kiralove »

Maybe sooner I mean look at cellphones. could use the cellphone as the brain. siri would make her have a very basic brain. better yet I know if we had a custom brain built with cellphone tech she could be smart add I database like bing and its chobits status. All this without even talking about the advances in graphite tech. that would be a flexible phone like fold like paper and would be as thin as a peace of paper. 2d tech wow. In the end we just need to get with doll makers and make it happen. after all its people like us that would buy this so mite as well be done right.
Kiralove

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

While not much new in this article is it worth a read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-you.html

Kind of have to LOL at the Gagadoll :roll: .

The future is coming :wink:

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Mr-Smith wrote:While not much new in this article is it worth a read.

It sure is, i just wonder if the average dollforum member can afford one, considering a realdoll or 4woods goes for $6000-$7000, without shipping! andriod could easily cost as much as a new car. Would dollforum then have to change its name,format,or face redundancy, due to androids ? what if they object to being treated like a doll? :)

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

In a recent issue of Science, there were several articles about robots and how humans interact with them. In one, the writer described how some have been used in medical therapy, particularly with patients with dementia. Often, the results for those people are quite favourable, indicating that being around those machines made their lives much easier.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

james1969 wrote:

It sure is, i just wonder if the average dollforum member can afford one, considering a realdoll or 4woods goes for $6000-$7000, without shipping! andriod could easily cost as much as a new car. Would dollforum then have to change its name,format,or face redundancy, due to androids ? what if they object to being treated like a doll? :)
Just what we need: a doll robot that ends up acting like HAL ("I'm sorry, Dave. I know you and Frank were thinking of disconnecting me, but that is something I cannot allow you to do....").

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

katiesBoyfriend wrote: Often, the results for those people are quite favourable, indicating that being around those machines made their lives much easier.
Sound an awful lot like what many doll owners here already know (feel). I think this maybe a natural evolution of things; something/one makes man -> man makes machine -> man make machine in their own image -> ??? . Of course I read quite a bit of Asimov in my younger days, and although some of the details are fuzzy now, the concepts are nothing new. It's interesting to see were this will all lead :whistle: .
james1969 wrote:It sure is, i just wonder if the average dollforum member can afford one, considering a realdoll or 4woods goes for $6000-$7000, without shipping! andriod could easily cost as much as a new car. Would dollforum then have to change its name,format,or face redundancy, due to androids ? what if they object to being treated like a doll? :)
A $1m technology today, is $100k tomorrow, and $10k in the near future when refined and easy to produce in mass. I'm sure many people would happily spend as much as on an andriod "partner" as new car... (still cheaper than your average divorce and you have less to lose :lol:)

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:D Gee I hope so...should have saved enough up by then...LOL.

The other upside is at least these viruses can be fixed with a soft ware patch or decent anti virus softwae...not so much the case with us mere humans.... :?

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS