www.wmdolls.com

Shipping Mannequins

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
kjenarch

Shipping Mannequins

Post by kjenarch »

Hi
I am looking for the most economical way to ship mannequins in the United States. Anyone here have any experience with this? Any advice?
Thanks for reading this
Kjenarch

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Shipping Mannequins

Post by CF »

Why not email a mannequin manufacturer, and see if you could buy the shipping boxes they use?
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

Take the limbs off if they come off to keep the size box down and to protect them. How tall are they and how heavy?

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

I did some research. See if these tips help. If they do, please report back and confirm, so other people can follow the best instructions, too.

I'd be curious to know if anyone who has shipped dolls thinks these instructions can be followed as-is, or might need adjustment.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =2&ct=clnk

A mannequin is usually an articulated human figure used for displaying or fitting clothing. They are made from a variety of materials, the more popular ones being fiberglass and plastic. Mannequins are commonly commonly seen as in-store displays or window decoration but many online sellers also use them to display their products for their product photos.

Most mannequins can be taken apart and re-assembled for easy transport and storage. However, proper packing techniques must be employed on every part to prevent any damage on the mannequin. Here are some tips on how to properly pack and ship a mannequin.

Following the manufacturer's instructions, carefully disassemble the mannequin. Parts may be connected with screws, knobs, rods or other devices. Make sure to place these parts in a bag, label and seal. Don't forget to place the bag inside the package.

Cover the base pate in cardboard and then with bubble wrap. Individually wrap each of the mannequin part in several layers of bubble wrap. Make sure that all parts are well padded and will not get scratched or dinged. Protect the face and fingers of the mannequin with cardboard before wrapping in bubble wrap.

Get a sturdy shipping size that can accommodate the largest part and the rest of the mannequin. Lay the flat base plate in the bottom and secure with tape so it doesn't move. Fill the bottom of the box with packing peanuts and lay the lergest parts on top. Fill any empty spaces with more fillers before laying the other parts. Continue this process until all parts are inside the box and there are no empty spaces to allow movement. Before closing the box, place the bag of connectors or small parts.

Seal the box with packaging tape. Make sure that all seams, including the ones in the bottom, are reinforced and will not burst open during transit. Address and label the package and bring to the post office or shipping company.

http://www.fullbodymannequins.com/blog/ ... mannequin/

When properly cared for, a high-quality mannequin will last a lifetime. Unfortunately, many people toss their mannequins around with little-of-no concern for any potential damage they may cause. Granted, most mannequins are built with strong and durable materials, but constantly "manhandling" them will inevitably result in damage. In this post, we're going to reveal some helpful tips on how to safely transport a mannequin without causing damage to it.

Whether you're moving to a new store location, or just taking a trip to a trade show or event, you'll eventually find yourself in a position where you need to a transport a mannequin.
Disassemble

The first step in transporting a mannequin is to disassemble it. This means removing all limbs, the head (if applicable), and any other pieces that are removable. The exact process for disassembling a mannequin varies depending on the particular mannequin. In most cases, however, you can remove the limbs by twisting them counterclockwise, at which point they should fall right off.
Pack It

Rather than tossing your disassembling mannequin in the backseat of your car (never a good idea), it's recommended that you properly pack it in a box. Doing so only takes a couple extra minutes, but it will prove invaluable in protecting your mannequin from damage during transit. Wrap several layers of medium-thickness bubblewrap around your mannequin's parts, paying extra attention to the fingers and toes (these are most susceptible to damage). When you are finished, place them inside a cardboard box of the appropriate size.

You aren't out of the woods just yet. After placing your wrapped mannequin parts in a box, fill any open space with packing paper. Some people may use old newspapers instead of packing paper, but this isn't recommended. What's the problem with newspaper? Well, the print ink has a tendency to bleed through, potentially staining your mannequin. Unless you're willing to take this risk, stick with traditional packing paper (it's sold at most post offices and shipping stores).
Transport It

Assuming you followed the steps mentioned above, it's safe to go ahead and transport your mannequin. Place the box or boxes in your car and hit the road! If you aren't comfortable transporting it personally, you can always outsource the task to a professional shipping company like UPS, DHL or FedEx. Furthermore, shipping companies such as this offer insurance, so you can rest assured knowing that you won't be liable for any damage occurred during transit.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =2&ct=clnk

I have had several people asking me, 'what is the best way to pack a mannequin?' I hope this guide goes some way into answering that question and also to ensure that mannequins arrive at their destination undamaged!

Most mannequins that are sold on Ebay have long been in service and no longer have a suitable box in which to transport them. So what do you do? Follow these guidelines to solve the problem.

1. Get yourself a box!
Easier than it may sound - a suitable box size for a mannequin is very hard to find. Having searched high and low, I now get emergency boxes for mannequins from my local bike shop. A box for an adult bike is strong, has handles and will hold a mannequin easily.

2. Wrapping
I use bubble wrap for sending my mannequins out, fixed in place with packing tape and take extra care on the face and fingers by doubling or even tripling the amount of packaging around these areas. The last thing you want to do is damaged the face or fingers as these are both very noticeable and also difficult to fix. I also think it is a big shame to find a mannequin with a damaged face.

3. Putting in the box
I usually start by adding the legs, torso, arms and stand in that order, after firstly adding too much packing tape to ensure the bottom of the box will not fall out. Bike boxes are usually stapled at the bottom, which helps, but I always strenthen them with tape or even with glue. Once all ibody parts are added, ensure they don't wobble about by adding spare bits of cardboard or more bubble wrap. Then seal the box top with tape. I usually also run one line of tape right around the box in three places - again to hold the box together.

*** A note about the stands - if the peg will come off, then take it off and tape it to the bottom of the stand. I don't usually wrap metal stands, but definitely I would suggest you double wrap in bubble and cardboard any glass stand you send.

4. Labling
Lable the box 'FRAGILE', because believe me, it is very fragile.

Please visit my profile to see more mannequin guides.

If you would like any more advice on mannequin care, assembly, or if you have a mannequin that needs restoration or for sale, please feel free to get in touch.

If you found this guide useful, please let me know by clicking the "YES" button below. These votes are used to determine writers' rankings - your own vote is anonymous . Thanks!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

kjenarch

Post by kjenarch »

Thanks CL for the excellent info on packing a mannequin. Lots of good advice on the best way to pack a mannequin. I appreciate your time. I'll take some pictures of my packing and share once I find the cheapest way to ship the package.

INFORMATIONS