www.wmdolls.com

Pros and cons of a Mannequin doll?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
M12377
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Pros and cons of a Mannequin doll?

Post by M12377 »

I was wondering what the pros and cons are of getting a mannequin doll instead of a silicone/tpe doll :)

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Pros and cons of a Mannequin doll?

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi M12377,

Based on my experience, here are a few of the pros and cons with mannequins.

Pros...
Lightweight - usually only about 15 - 20 pounds.
Full size doll so regular size clothing, shoes and wigs will fit.
Easier to dress than TPE or silicone dolls.
Can be disassembled for storage.
No worries about skin tears or deformation from pressure or long term storage.
No skeleton to break.
Cheap way to start if you are wondering if dolls are for you.

Cons...
Not soft like TPE or silicone dolls.
Must be modified for sex. Generally only one entry using a Fleshlight sleeve or similar.
Limit to the number of poses that will work for anatomically correct modification (sitting or kneeling poses work best).
Limbs tend to fall off easily and must be modified to stay on or be moveable. Jointed mannequins are available but are much more expensive.

The biggest downside with mannequins is that they are made from hard fiberglass or plastic, and are not soft and squeezable like TPE or silicone dolls. However soft clothing, perhaps even using a couple of layers can help a bit when it comes to snuggling. The second biggest downside is lack of posability unless the joints are modified or you go with a jointed mannequin.

If you are looking at a mannequin to start with, I would recommend the Loutoff Eva 4 (MZ-VIS3 at Roxy Display). I've done a lot of work with this model and she's just the right size (not a 6' amazon) and the pose offers a lot of possibilities.
Just click on the links in my signature if you want to see some of my Eva mods.
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... -vis3.html

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

Well I don't have a silicone/TPE doll but I do have a (modified) mannequin.
PROs: - she's much more affordable! Most expensive high quality mannequins I've seen cost around 750EUR.
- most silicone/TPE dolls are rather petite, so if you're into tall long-legged girls mannequins are much better
- easier to carry, dress, handle

CONs: - not posable
- not squeezable, although they can be surprisingly nice to cuddle (at least my Iza is)
- mannequins require modifications to have sex with. And it's not even the insert. They are made to be displayed in standing position, so they tend to come apart while horizontal, some joint mods might be nescessary (depending on the model). And wigs notoriously slip off, so you will need Velcro/silicone tape.

Hope it helps!

Romulus

Post by Romulus »

Mannequins like to watch.
My home-made OOAK plush doll gallery
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13765

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Hey Romulus!
Nice to see you again. :D

Here's my ball joint doll/ mannequin Aurora.
Attachments
IMAG0007 (2).JPG
IMAG0007 (2).JPG (322.94 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Pros and cons have pretty much been covered, but I'll add this:

If you buy a plastic mannequin like my Kristen (who is from Roxy Display), you don't have to worry about ever having to paint or restore her any like you might have to a fiberglass mannequin, because they are painted. She's easy to clean. Great to kiss. Doesn't feel as cold as a fiberglass mannequin, too. At least to my touch it seems that way.

Mannequins are relatively affordable. Many Makers out there to check out till you find a mannequin who really does it for you, one most suitable to your preferences.

Mine I easily modified for sex. Drilled a hole in them using a Dremel 3000, then I take a Fleshlight out of its case, put it in a freezer bag, and slide it up into a mannequin, and make love to her like that. I have many images, videos. Even several of me having sex with them that I uploaded to ZOIG.

Cnyb

Post by Cnyb »

This looks interesting http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/b ... 1soft.html I wonder how posable and sturdy it is

sarajf

Post by sarajf »

Hi, my name is Sara, I'm currently working on a personal project for my photography degree. I happen to be very interested in the world of sex dolls. I've shot before at the Doll House in London, as Phil has let me take portraits of the dolls he has in exposition. I would like to carry on the project by photographing different variations of dolls and the mannequins seem an interesting option. Would anyone be up for a shoot? I use a medium format film camera, able to bring out so much details and will be more than happy to give you the final prints. In terms of schedule, I'm very flexible, so it would be entirely down to you when you'd like to meet.

Sara x

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

During my college days, I owned a modified mannequin that could be broken down for storage. I had my own dorm room, but shared a bathroom with a suite-mate. It was the perfect solution for college. Much more realistic than a blowup doll and easy to transport during recesses.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

random o meter
Former Member

Post by random o meter »

Mannequin legs do seem very decent and I might have gone there for a first and inexpensive purchase were it not for the needed tech skills and the lack of skin on skin feel.
That and being able to assume more positions tipped it for me but the less likely to be damaged pro must mean easier moves and greater abandon in passion, tough choices all.
Back for a bit, like corn in your sh..

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Mannequins are a great option for do-it-yourselfers. You get the exact appearance you want and usually at a much lower cost versus a commercially available doll.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

Mannequins are rock hard like a rock!

ROCKS!

INFORMATIONS