www.wmdolls.com

Iza's mods

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Iza's mods

Post by Nildi »

/EDITED for correct thumbnails and links
I finally found some time to take some pictures of the modifications I've made to Iza over the past two months. Here's a short description with links to the relevant album. Iza also finally got some clothes of her own and a gorgeous blonde wig, you can see it on some pics in the mods album. There's more to come but I still need to process the photos, maybe tomorrow...
BTW I fell soooo much deeper in love with Iza when I saw her in this wig for the first time, she hasn't worn her original brunette wig once since then :D

1. Securing the wig
The first and easiest mod was sticking some tape with silicone surface to her head so the wig won't fall off so easily. Before that it slipped even when gently moving Iza in standing position. Now she can lie down or even be upside down and her hair keeps to where it should be.

2. Securing the arms
To my surprise the first time I slept with Iza I discovered that her arms are very lightly attached and come off easily, especially when she's lying on her back and moving back and forth :oops: . After some research and brainstorming (MannequinFan's wonderful work was especially inspiring and helpful here) I decided on using magnets. Each arm is secured with four 15x1mm (0.59x0.04") cylindrical neodymium grade N42 magnets. This gives the joints enough strength so the arms don't come off under their own weight or even when pushed with moderate force. It's still easy to remove them by applying a slightly stronger jerk along the direction of the arm hook. I decided against gluing or screwing magnets in place. The downside is that sometimes when I take the arms off they snap together and have to be separated. The upside is that they hold better when arms rotate, cause the shoulder gaps are uneven and magnets held in place could loose contact with one of the metal plates.

Fortunately the arms did not require any additional mods to enable rotation. The hooks rotate inside with some friction on their own. Adding magnets to that made the arms both able to rotate and hold position under their weight.

3. Strengthening the torso joint
The torso joint presented two problems, both stemming form the fact that Iza was not created to lie on a bed and/or be rotated while horizontal :mrgreen: . First, Iza liked to rotate to the unsecured position of the torso joint and come apart (what is, as you can imagine, not the best thing to happen to your lover during sexy time :oops: ). Second, when she was not completely horizontal and evenly supported, she swiveled around the torso joint a bit. This resulted in her upper and lower body parts pressing on each other creating cracks. On the other side the gap widened and posed a pinch-hazard (getting pinched in your private parts by your lover's torso gap is also not the best thing to happen during sexy time :oops: ).
So to prevent rotation I placed two o-rings on the central bolt, placed in small grooves I cut with a Dremel with round metal tip. I cut one extra groove on the top, but later found out I don't have such small o-rings. But two work well enough. (Yeah I know, the cut could be cleaner :) ).

To prevent swiveling and cracks I glued felt pads around the contact surface. This widened the torso gap a little, but did the job. The cracks are still there and I need to paint them over, but I haven't found the right paint color yet. If anyone knows what paint they use at Loutoff, please tell me :)

4. And finally: the insert!
When I bought Iza I already knew that her pose will make placing the insert in anatomical position very hard/impossible. I decided against doing any large-scale cutouts and replacing whole chunks of her lower body. I'm sure I could have handled the technical side of it, but I feared my poor artistic skills will make it look messy and ugly. So I bought an insert with the smallest outside width I found, which happened to be Fleshlight Blade (in a ridiculous katana hilt case :D ). I cut a hole using a Dremel with ceramic cutting disk as low as I could without damaging the legs. Then I smoothed the surface with putty and filing, and sealed it with acrylic varnish.
The insert has two ridges on the front, one outer and one inner with a ~2cm (~0.8") deep groove between them. I made the hole match the dimensions of the grooved part hoping that it will be enough to keep the insert in place. It did keep it from falling out, but it did not keep it from falling IN! (yet another embarrassing but informative moment in the dollworld :oops: ) Once again I decided that the simplest solutions are the best so instead of manufacturing some kind of sleeve for the insert (which would be a much more elegant solution) I simply filled Iza's hips with PU foam. Then I cut a rough hole with a knife, leaving more space for the inner ridge of the insert. As with the hole, everything was smoothed by putty and filing, and sealed with acrylic varnish. Though the deeper end is much more rough than I'd like, because I couldn't reach it well with the file.

The insert sticks out quite a bit and is of noticeable different color, but I only put it in right before use so it's not much of a problem. The hole is almost invisible when covered by clothing, except white panties and maybe bikini. I plan to make a nice smooth cover from the part I cut out, but that's still in the future.

I hope you like mods to my Iza as much as I do :) Who knows, maybe this will help someone to mod their own mannequin. My mods may not be very elaborate, but they are very cheap and easy to make and require no special tools :mrgreen:

And for those who read through it all: here's a preview of the photoshoot we made after shooting the mod pics, I'll post it in my album soon. Maybe even tomorrow :)
Attachments
IMG_9482.JPG
IMG_9482.JPG (2.27 MiB) Viewed 4000 times

Mello_Pello
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Iza's mods

Post by Mello_Pello »

Great info! And your mannequin is a babe! :)

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

She's great. Nice work on the mods. Even though there are some amazing TPE and silicon dolls out there, there is still something about beautiful mannequins like yours. I'd love own one just for the sake of having sex with a mannequin. That would fulfill some of my oldest fantasies...
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

Adventurer wrote:(...) That would fulfill some of my oldest fantasies...
I know how you feel :D !
Of course sex with a mannequin is much less hmm... practical than with a TPE/silicone doll. You have to be mindful of the limitations of her pose. If you want a mannequin primarily for sex, then it's probably better to choose one with a more fitting pose than Iza has (like Loutoff EVA4). In my case I guess looks won over practicality :D .

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

She is a real pretty toy lady. Congratulations on your wonderful work.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

UPDATE!
The second part of yesterday's photoshoot. This time no DIY nonsense, just pure mannequin beauty :mrgreen: :
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=8199

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

She is amazingly beautiful. :plaidskirt:
Congratulations for the adjustments, good job.
I myself have slept a short time with a mannequin and loved it. :thumbs_up:
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Whoa! Fabulous capture of her! I can't access the doll album to see more images due to restricted access where I am online at, but I look forward to seeing them once I'm able to!

plasticplease
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by plasticplease »

she gave me a boing

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Wow! Just took a look at everything in your album! The cutout is a nice touch to be able to place back in her. My two just have gaping holes. Never thought to save the cutout. Yours looks great with the insert in. Love her skin tone. Hope to see more images of her!

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

I plan to glue the cutout to some kind of plug that can fit safely in the hole and fill the gaps for a smooth and secure finish. For now it barely holds in place and has a visible gap when looking form her right. I photoshopped it a bit in this pic :oops: :

Below you can see the gap on an unedited close-up:
Attachments
closeup.JPG
closeup.JPG (271.29 KiB) Viewed 3765 times

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Nildi wrote:I plan to glue the cutout to some kind of plug that can fit safely in the hole and fill the gaps for a smooth and secure finish. For now it barely holds in place and has a visible gap when looking form her right. I photoshopped it a bit in this pic :oops:
I see.

Having the gap filled well will certainly aide in any foreplay in that area before one places the insert in, otherwise that area isn't a turn on with just a gaping hole there.

INFORMATIONS