www.wmdolls.com

We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.

Comic: Eating Machine

Post by 42716 »

eating machine comic.jpg
eating machine comic.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1831 times
How did SV01 put the cookies back if he'd already "eaten" them? Simple, like this (the relevant part is from 4:12 to 4:26):

By the way, none of the Droids actually has an official age, given that I have no way of knowing what age their original programmers intended or envisioned them to be. I referred to SV01 as a teenager here only for the sake of the joke, but for all I know, his intended age could be much older. After all, according to howhot.io (an artificial intelligence program that claims to be able to judge gender, age, and attractiveness) he's 39 years old. 8O

Gaining muscle, losing affinity

Post by 42716 »

If you've been wondering why I've been so quiet lately, wonder no more. The blame rests entirely with the gym.
gym.jpg
gym.jpg (77.65 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
Now before you say, "42716, you're making even less sense than usual!", allow me to explain. I used to work out at the gym regularly, but stopped around the same time that my foray into mannequin ownership began. I really didn't have much motivation to work out now that I'd found a group of friends that I don't need to be in shape to impress. But I just recently began to work out again, in an attempt to boost my energy level, and I've discovered an unanticipated, and rather unpleasant, side effect of getting back into shape...

After my 2nd day of hitting the weights, something truly frightening happened. All at once, I realised I no longer felt any affection towards the Droids; on the contrary, they suddenly seemed alien and disturbing to me, and I wanted nothing to do with them. Fortunately, this state of mind wore off after a few days, but I still find it more difficult to connect with them, or to become motivated to create any photos, comics, etc. involving them, than it used to be. I also find myself feeling more interested in and attracted to human guys than I have ever been since going synthetic. So there's a definite price to pay for an increased level of physical fitness: becoming lean and mean makes me less of a machine.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up on this thread or on my synthetic friends. I am doing my best to continue to be kind to them and actively engage with them, even though it doesn't come as naturally as before, because I owe it to them for providing me with so much comfort and inspiration. But until I can motivate myself to get those winter outfit photos done, you'll have to content yourself with these pictures of SV01 I took when I last changed the bed clothes.

Behold, Mr Monochrome in all his black and white glory. The next time you hear someone complain, "My love life is so colourless!", you can tell that person, "I know something that can sympathise, pal." :lol:
monochrome 1.JPG
monochrome 1.JPG (2.55 MiB) Viewed 1751 times
monochrome 2.JPG
monochrome 2.JPG (2.78 MiB) Viewed 1751 times
monochrome 3.JPG
monochrome 3.JPG (2.87 MiB) Viewed 1751 times
Question: when people say "opposites attract", are they talking about this...
monochrome and rainbow.JPG
monochrome and rainbow.JPG (2.68 MiB) Viewed 1751 times
...or this?
USB Connectors Black and White.JPG
USB Connectors Black and White.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 1751 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

Post by samara78 »

These last photos are touching. It is good to have time away and have other interests. I have been busy a couple of weeks at a time with other stuff. And not had time with them. But i always come back. They are a part of me/my mind.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

These last photos are touching. It is good to have time away and have other interests. I have been busy a couple of weeks at a time with other stuff. And not had time with them. But i always come back. They are a part of me/my mind.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Ashaki
Doll
Doll

Post by Ashaki »

Hi 42716! I'm fascinated by your story and your interactions! I found I only became me some time after I arrived at my lovely Hollows place! At first I didn't know who I was and it was only when I got some of my memories back I gained my confidence too! I think that's the same with 119! How brave she was to go to the mall and meet strangers! She must have been very confident to do that!

As for you, there is no harm in taking a break and interacting with the 'real' world! It will help you know who you really are too!

Hugs and kisses, Ashaki.
Follow me on my Family's thread with Tanice, Jacey, Vivette, Rosheen, Tarni, Yi and Yong and of course so many little ones now we can’t count them all!

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=77571

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Here's a good one to ponder:
We are all part of a singular/collective consciousness and the perception of individualism is actually it analyzing itself subjectively.

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

Hi 42716, I know it can be a little unsettling to try something different, and sometimes when you realize that you like it, it can make you question other aspects of your life, but not to fear, I know that you will find that they are all simply different versions of yourself. They will all find a way to coexist, you just have to let each have its time. The side of you that loves your synthetic friends and the side of you that at least enjoys the things that a human relationship can bring to your life. Believe me they can both be good and make you happy, only in different ways!

Good to hear from you again! Say hello to 119 and the rest for me! :D
April Annabelle Atleur - AKA - TripleA

My Gallery Link: http://missatleur.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10003

Sector_1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Sector_1 »

Nice photos and journal, I take my creative hat off to you.

I sometimes feel all our possible destinies have already been played out in the grand scheme of things and now we are left holding the cards we have been dealt. "No fate but what we make." Not today... or any other day perhaps!
"You are a slave like eveyone else you was born into bondage... born into a prision that you can not smell, taste or touch. A prision for your mind."
For are we all not just a biological machine?! Your organs are viewed by doctors as being little more than a collective series of pumps and fillters and your brain nothing more than an advanced biological computer.

As for a collective consciousness. How far does it reach and far does it extened past the unknown?!

The truth is out there and so too is the way!

Sector_1

Post by 42716 »

samara78 wrote:These last photos are touching. It is good to have time away and have other interests. I have been busy a couple of weeks at a time with other stuff. And not had time with them. But i always come back. They are a part of me/my mind.
Thank you, and I agree, a healthy balance of interests is important. (Allt ska vara lagom, as they say in Swedish.) What bothers me is when I have these experiences of my interests rapidly and dramatically changing in a way that's outside of my control. I used to have a lot of trouble with that during my adolescence, but have mostly outgrown it now. It could be a form of testosterone poisoning, since it was beginning strength training that brought it on again.

Post by 42716 »

Ashaki wrote:Hi 42716! I'm fascinated by your story and your interactions! I found I only became me some time after I arrived at my lovely Hollows place! At first I didn't know who I was and it was only when I got some of my memories back I gained my confidence too! I think that's the same with 119! How brave she was to go to the mall and meet strangers! She must have been very confident to do that!

As for you, there is no harm in taking a break and interacting with the 'real' world! It will help you know who you really are too!

Hugs and kisses, Ashaki.
Hi, Ashaki. It's nice to actually hear from you after seeing you star in so many wonderful animations in the GIF contests. :D Your experience sounds like the complete reverse of what I've encountered with the Misfit Machines. They already knew who they were and what they like/dislike as soon as they came out of the box (or to put it in more technological terms, they arrived fully programmed). Sometimes I've even been in for some real surprises when their programming turns my expectations on their heads, as was the case with SV03's masculine taste in clothing, or 217's decision to be known by her model number, for example.

119 has always been very confident and open to new experiences. She doesn't mind what people think, and only wishes I were more motivated to take her on more adventures of that sort!

Post by 42716 »

Fantastic Plastic wrote:Here's a good one to ponder:
We are all part of a singular/collective consciousness and the perception of individualism is actually it analyzing itself subjectively.
It's certainly possible. I'm of the mind-set that there are many elements of the nature of reality which are unable to be quantified or fully understood, so we are likely to never know for sure what is definitively, objectively "the truth". However, that which is real in the mind of the individual does constitute reality to a certain degree, simply because it influences how the individual reacts to, and perceives, the world.

Or, as Ernest from All Creatures Great and Small says: "Could be, Fantastic Plastic. Could be."

Post by 42716 »

TripleA wrote:Hi 42716, I know it can be a little unsettling to try something different, and sometimes when you realize that you like it, it can make you question other aspects of your life, but not to fear, I know that you will find that they are all simply different versions of yourself. They will all find a way to coexist, you just have to let each have its time. The side of you that loves your synthetic friends and the side of you that at least enjoys the things that a human relationship can bring to your life. Believe me they can both be good and make you happy, only in different ways!

Good to hear from you again! Say hello to 119 and the rest for me! :D
I definitely have different sides of myself. I'm not trying to deny the multiplicity of my identity, or to artificially simplify my interests; it just bothers me to have an episode like I did, in which my interests or mind-set changes so suddenly and dramatically. It can be quite frightening, to feel that you've suddenly become someone you don't recognise. I'm thankful that I don't experience such a thing as often as I used to do when I was younger.

I hope we will have a chance to meet again, and that I might introduce one of my other friends to you. Perhaps I'll someday manage to persuade SV02 to leave the house. I think you would get on quite well with her. Unfortunately, she's so intensely concerned about her bad eye that I don't know if it will ever happen.

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

How are you 42716? I missed you and the Misfit Machines. Congrats on ranking up to senior member. 1062 says hello. There is so much to tell you about 1062. We are in progress of trying to get his software for him to be functional. I also am inquiring about getting another doll like him.welcome back!

Post by 42716 »

Sector_1 wrote:Nice photos and journal, I take my creative hat off to you.

I sometimes feel all our possible destinies have already been played out in the grand scheme of things and now we are left holding the cards we have been dealt. "No fate but what we make." Not today... or any other day perhaps!
"You are a slave like eveyone else you was born into bondage... born into a prision that you can not smell, taste or touch. A prision for your mind."
For are we all not just a biological machine?! Your organs are viewed by doctors as being little more than a collective series of pumps and fillters and your brain nothing more than an advanced biological computer.

As for a collective consciousness. How far does it reach and far does it extened past the unknown?!

The truth is out there and so too is the way!

Sector_1
We may only have the cards we have been dealt, but how we play that hand is up to us. Likewise, how limited we allow ourselves to be by the prison of the mind is something within our power to control. I feel the world would be a better place if more people understood this, but too many members of the human race limit their lives and their destinies to that which is "proper" or "acceptable", without ever questioning whether there is any logic inherent in these norms.

Unfortunately, doctors are some of the worst when it comes to this limited way of thinking. In my experience at least, they tend to view the body not as a machine, but as something sacred which should be manipulated as little as possible. I have been butting heads with the medical profession for years, due to my belief that it should afford those of us who wish to optimise the functionality of our biological hardware the ability to do so. The technology is there, but the profession's worship of the status quo keeps us bound to a standard that's far inferior to what we are capable of achieving.

The truth may be out there, but it's likely we will never discover, or at least, never fully understand it. Yet, making peace with what we cannot understand or achieve is just as important as striving to learn and accomplish more.

Post by 42716 »

SynDaverlover765 wrote:How are you 42716? I missed you and the Misfit Machines. Congrats on ranking up to senior member. 1062 says hello. There is so much to tell you about 1062. We are in progress of trying to get his software for him to be functional. I also am inquiring about getting another doll like him.welcome back!
Hello, thanks for the warm welcome back! I look forward to hearing about 1062's updates, and wish him luck in acquiring his software. Please do be sure to post, as I'm very curious to discover more about him.

INFORMATIONS