www.wmdolls.com

Special Project: EVA with Interactive Audio!

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
jrlc
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Special Project: EVA with Interactive Audio!

Post by jrlc »

This is a simply brilliant project, from sound to camel toe.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

jrlc wrote:This is a simply brilliant project, from sound to camel toe.
Thanks man! I really appreciate the compliment!
Should be fun to do some programming with more Rusty Waters clips when she's finished. :D
Pygmalion wrote:I'm not really into sound, but you did a great job MannequinFan. I've also seen the other modifications you did and I'm quite impressed. Mannequins can be fun. :multi:
I'll surely keep that in mind, your work is full of good hints, thanks.
Thanks Pygmalion, and welcome to TDF! :)
Indeed mannequins can be a lot of fun.
As far as sound, I'm not as much into the A.I. & conversations as just some nice sounds like oohs and ahhs, moaning, etc.
Along with the subtle vibrations from the sound, I think it gives her an added dimension.

Getting some of the last things done on Eva #5.
Shoulder joints installed today. The screws will come out when the Apoxie sets...
IMG_3956.JPG
IMG_3956.JPG (77.56 KiB) Viewed 3275 times
Leg caps assembled with Apoxie Paste and sanded down.
The Mouse sander makes quick work of this...
IMG_3957.JPG
IMG_3957.JPG (78.5 KiB) Viewed 3275 times

Pygmalion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Pygmalion »

MannequinFan wrote: Along with the subtle vibrations from the sound,
Yes, this is an interesting side effect. :thumbs_up:
Anyway, you're a master of 3D printing!
I prefer to not have a signature, it's so hard to write words that don't offend anyone. Wait a minute, this is a signature! Gee, I hope nobody will be offended...

jrlc
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jrlc »

Even the choice of Rusty Waters was perfect. Hard to imagine this doll having any other voice now.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

jrlc wrote:Even the choice of Rusty Waters was perfect. Hard to imagine this doll having any other voice now.
Hehe, yes. I think I fell in love with that voice right off. I have no idea what she looks like but it doesn't matter. She has tons of sound files on soundcloud to get clips from.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Oh, Rusty Waters, not Muddy Waters. No wonder! :?

So, how sensitive are Eva's hot buttons again? A direct push, light touch, slight rub? Do you think the buttons be under 1/4" of silicone and still be activated w/a direct push?
I'm thinking about making some boobs for my plastic doll and would trip to have her talk when her boobs are played with.

Great job on Eva :thumbs_up:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks RK. :)

Eva's buttons are affixed on the inside, so they aren't as prominent. Right now it takes some pressure to make them work. Not real hard but a firm press.
I'm thinking of gluing little silicone nubs to the back of the nipples to make them more "sensitive".

The rubber buttons themselves are VERY easy to press. If you surface mount it wouldn't take much at all to press them.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks for the info.

I'm sure it will take some experimenting to get it as good as possible. Not only how the buttons are mounted and the thickness of the silicone, but how hard the silicone is will probably make a difference too as you mentioned.

I will have to research flat sensors too. Would be nice to just peel and stick some sensors on the surface like butt cheeks then mold silicone cheek enhancements that could be applied over the sensor so when you squeeze the butt checks she talks.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks for the info.

I'm sure it will take some experimenting to get it as good as possible. Not only how the buttons are mounted and the thickness of the silicone, but how hard the silicone is will probably make a difference too as you mentioned.

I will have to research flat sensors too. Would be nice to just peel and stick some sensors on the surface like butt cheeks then mold silicone cheek enhancements that could be applied over the sensor so when you squeeze the butt checks she talks.
YW. Let me know what you find on the flat sensors - sounds like a cool idea!

BTW, I emailed the guys at E123 about the MP3 board with the SD card.
http://www.electronics123.com/shop/prod ... locks-8267
It looks like it does have a few different ways to set the triggering.
One way does not allow the buttons to interrupt each other which is good. The guys said there may also be a way to do the group function with this board by putting the sound clips in folders. They are going to verify with the mfr. and get back to me.

Lahfan1970

Post by Lahfan1970 »

These are too small for butt squeezes, but maybe with a handful (haha) per cheek...
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8712

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Small is good, but that is listed as 8-1/2". Might be over complicated as well.
Buttons and sensors come in many functions too.
Just doing a quick search: Many of the flat sensors are pressure reactive> The harder you push the more they react either +/- for their given function.

There are push on and push off like a flashlight. I have found a number of these for firearm or bow hunting to operate a flashlight or laser.

I think what the system MF is using requires a momentary switch. Just push to contact and create a connection, but the connection breaks once the button is released.

Pic and link to some flat pad pressure switches. http://www.adaptivation.com/product_detail.php?ID=44
They sound like momentary switches. Not cheap. The 2"x2" starts at $40.00
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
MF
Sounds like hope for the other audio device. :thumbs_up:

On my vinyl doll project I sanded the vinyl and painted w/ Behr paint sample. Let it dry a hour in the heat. Seemed fairly dry. Enough to light sand anyway. Applied some Dragon Skin silicone, but it peeled right off. Seemed tacky underneath, but solid on the outer. I wiped off the underside of the silicone test blob and painted area. The silicone seemed to cure fine. May be a reaction from the paint? Of course platinum silicone is not silicone adhesive so.. I may have to try silicone adhesive or silpoxy to attach any molded plat sil part to a doll or make a mechanical lock.
Attachments
Pal Pads.jpg
Pal Pads.jpg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 3173 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

BTW, what was your step process on designing the camel toe.
Example: Scan Eva's pubic area. 3D model the camel toe piece. Design mold to cast CT?

Regarding the push buttons, I know you had to Apoxie them in for the boobs, but what is the factory recommended mounting system?

Thanks
RK

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:BTW, what was your step process on designing the camel toe.
Example: Scan Eva's pubic area. 3D model the camel toe piece. Design mold to cast CT?
You got it! :D

You should try the Permatex flowable with a piece of platsil. It seems to have good adhesive properties.
I'd be interested in knowing how well it works with platsil.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

MannequinFan wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:BTW, what was your step process on designing the camel toe.
You got it! :D

You should try the Permatex flowable with a piece of platsil. It seems to have good adhesive properties.
I'd be interested in knowing how well it works with platsil.
Will do.
-----------------------------
Regarding CT process. That is great. You saved a major step of having to print or sculpt the part to be molded.
--------------------------------
Regarding the push buttons, I know you had to Apoxie them in for the boobs, but what is the factory recommended mounting system?

Thanks!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote: Regarding the push buttons, I know you had to Apoxie them in for the boobs, but what is the factory recommended mounting system?
Tis none that I could find.
There are tiny holes that may be for screws but not much room - they would have to be really small screws. There is nothing on the back side of the buttons so the easiest thing is to simply glue them to a surface. In my case I basically encapsulated them from behind in a big wad of Apoxie Sculpt.

INFORMATIONS