www.wmdolls.com

Meet EVA, my new mannequin to mod!

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Meet EVA, my new mannequin to mod!

Post by MannequinFan »

For a while now I've been trying to find a way to eliminate the flange on the adapters to minimize the amount of finish work required.
Here's a new design that would be mounted flush with the MQ surface (no flange sticking up). I would install it similar to to way the neck and shoulder joints are installed.
Build a collar of Apoxie sculpt around the opening inside the MQ and then use the Apoxie paste to cement the adapter in place. The paste would ooze into the perforations giving it a good mechanical lock in the opening.
Eva #5 will be coming soon! :)
flush mount adapter.jpg
flush mount adapter.jpg (172.07 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
flush mount adapter2.jpg
flush mount adapter2.jpg (171.35 KiB) Viewed 4715 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Wow always impressive.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

Your mods keep getting better and better!
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey thanks ChikkinNoodul & Sam!
I appreciate the compliments very much! :)
That's one of the beautiful things about 3d printing is that it allows you to make changes and improvements easily.
If everything was molded, making changes would be an expensive and arduous task.

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

I think I should start saving for a 3D printer of my own. And maybe a filament extruder that can turn waste plastic into 3D printer filament - DIY recycling at home, just make sure it's all the same type of plastic.
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

ChikkinNoodul wrote:I think I should start saving for a 3D printer of my own. And maybe a filament extruder that can turn waste plastic into 3D printer filament - DIY recycling at home, just make sure it's all the same type of plastic.
Then you'd be able to make use of that trailer load of plastic chicken noodle soup containers you've collected for the last 14 yrs! :D
See, the neighbors were wrong thinking you were nutty. :crazyeyes:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright, TDF member Jomamma and I have done a little collaborating to address the problem with the legs rotating too easily on Eva using the magnetic connectors.
Moving up to 3/4" magnets and the addition of some thin self adhesive rubber pads in the joint seems to have done the trick. I made some special magnet retainers to work with the pads.
The pads are the same thickness as the retainers and magnets (1/16") so they work pretty well. The self stick adhesive is not permanent so they can be easily removed and reused.
Jomamma sent me these photos of his Eva (Lexi) with the new system installed...
new retainer design.jpg
new retainer design.jpg (713.11 KiB) Viewed 4512 times
The rubber pads are very inexpensive and can be purchased at Home Depot...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-1 ... /203661152

Dakotasky
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Dakotasky »

Hi MannequinFan,

Great work on all your projects! Amazing creativity. You should be a professional.

Do you still current sell any of the parts you've posted? I am handy and can do the work myself with the help of your conversion parts.

Thanks -Robb

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Dakotasky wrote:Hi MannequinFan,

Great work on all your projects! Amazing creativity. You should be a professional.

Do you still current sell any of the parts you've posted? I am handy and can do the work myself with the help of your conversion parts.

Thanks -Robb
Hi Robb, thanks and welcome to TDF!
I sent you a private message. Check your messages in the header at the top left corner of the page.

Dakotasky
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Dakotasky »

MannequinFan wrote:
Dakotasky wrote:Hi MannequinFan,

Thanks -Robb
Hi Robb, thanks and welcome to TDF!
I sent you a private message. Check your messages in the header at the top left corner of the page.
Great, thank you!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Fiberglass Guy has sent me some pics of a fabulous mod he's doing on Tabitha his EVA mannequin.
One of the mods is a re-pose of the feet with some 3d printed toes that I sent him using the Makehuman model.
DSCF1427.JPG
DSCF1427.JPG (524.58 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
DSCF1431.JPG
DSCF1431.JPG (480.41 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
He has also revised the leg positions to be raised higher and spread apart more. Great job FG! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
DSCF1626.JPG
DSCF1626.JPG (261.1 KiB) Viewed 4319 times

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Glad you like her! The toes make ALL THE DIFFERENCE looks truly real now and the legs helped function 100% works in all positions this way and as a torso! It wasn't that hard to do but created one heck of a mess....Added about 3 pounds to the weight as I used more Bondo that I needed but If I do another it would be lighter. Standard mannequin feet weren't realistic enough for my tastes, these are perfect, In retrospect I wish I had made the feet interchangeable like we chatted about, maybe on the next one...

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Here's a good in progress to show the extent of the leg repose, I cut them off and reattached them a good 5 inches back, which gave me a huge gap in the buttox and crotch area ( I was working around your adapter from original mod) which I had to "re sculpt" in fiberglass cloth and Bondo to match existing body form, my college anatomy classes really paid off here!
DSCF1623.JPG
DSCF1623.JPG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 4296 times
DSCF1622.JPG
DSCF1622.JPG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 4296 times
not a mod for the faint of heart but I used to repair mannequins for a design company and repose them...

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Beautiful work!
Wouldn't it be wild if someone started a mannequin mfg'ing business that already had them posed for sex positions and had a FL holder built in!
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

jomamma
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jomamma »

This group has been very quiet for some time now. I can see things have been going on in the background :) . Great work guys. Good to see some new mods for the Eva line. Thanks FG and MF for sharing the mod with the group. Fantastic imaginations and skill sets.

INFORMATIONS