www.wmdolls.com

The Tiffany Project - Posable Mannequin Upgrades

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: The Tiffany Project - Posable Mannequin Upgrades

Post by msdoll »

After shortening the metal bar and the inserts on the legs, there is nothing to hold them in.
This following modification addresses that issue, which is a better situation than what I started out with.
Before, the hips could not move freely, because they had to be locked in by tightening the bolts.
I may or may not reinstall the bolts on an angle using a metal drilling bit, 2 nuts and epoxy to hold the nuts on.
I have all ready worked out the specs and it is a doable modification if I choose.

17 ) I used a 3/16" drill bit to create a pilot hole in the hip joint.
18 ) This is the screw and washer that will hold the leg in once installed.
19 ) Another angle showing the screw and washer.
20 ) The screw and washer has been attached and the leg can now rotate freely without falling out.

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

MannequinFan wrote:Hey msdoll, nice job and very nice presentation! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Sorry to hear you were sick man. Hope you're feeling better now.

The only thing I'm a bit unclear on is the metal bars (9). Are those related to the bolts that go thru the butt to hold the leg pins?
BTW, that conical file bit is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If I were doing a top ten list of MQ modding tools I think that would be #1!
Yes. The metal bars are related to the bolts. They were the only thing holding the leg pins in. The above mod I posted (17-20) addresses holding the legs in.
The mod also allows the legs to swivel freely, however without the bolts, they will not lock into place. I may or may not re-install the locking bolts on an angle.
Chances are I will, but for now my main concern was making her "functional."

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This is very very cool. Will probably need to do something similar. Thanks for posting.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

Lets face it, MQ's can be a lot of work. Since they are not built for "fun" and cost a fraction of higher end dolls, chances are you will be making lots of modifications that can be unique to each doll. This one should work well with most MQ's. Hands can be loose and tend to move around and fall off a lot, even when your not in the "heat of the moment," so this is a "hands on" approach I did to remedy the situation.

17 ) As you can see, her hands are loose. Just barely moving her, the hands fall off. There is also a tremendous gap.
18 ) This is the connection. As you can see, there is also not much hardware there to keep the hands on.
19 ) Another look at the the overall connection.
20 ) Items - Rubber bands (the wider the better) $1.50, Superglue $1.00, Scissors, X-acto Knife, Lighter.
21 ) Cut a piece of rubber band and super glue it to the arm. Make sure you leave material hanging off the surface over the entire arm.
22 ) Cover the entire arm connection area. As you can see in this image I have one piece left to go before I start another layer. How many layers will depend on how much gap. I used three layers for each arm, but the second arm had one too many layers so I just peeled a layer off, which is easy enough to do but still leaves a good bond.
23 ) Using and X-acto knife and heating the blade with the lighter (which is probably not necessary, however, I thought it might help in making a smoother cut) cut around the circumference of the arm, cutting the rubber flush.
24 ) Just another image of the built up layers before the cutting.
25 ) Notch out the female area of the connection.
26 ) Presto! Gap is gone and the pressure of the rubber and the traction keep her hands on nice and tight, yet still movable if I choose to do so.

Getting some touch-up paint that matches your MQ skin color would be a general overall good idea, but it would come especially "handy" in this situation. I think I will see if I can take in the left-over crotch-hole to a lowes or home depot and see if they can match the color. Hopefully they don't look at me funny and think they know what they are handling, LOL. Any idea's on what type of paint I should get?

By the way... Rubber bands can also come in "handy" as a barrier between the skin and accessories like stretchy bracelets. I wouldn't recommend loosy bracelets as they will most likely scratch off the paint.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey msdoll, very clever use of the rubber bands!
And again, very nicely presented. Just wish I could enlarge the photos a little with my old eyes.

I've been using the Behr Premium Plus Ultra paint at Home Depot. You can get it in 8oz sample jars which is perfect for these projects.
You can get the sample jars in either flat or satin finish. I've found the satin pretty much matches the finish on these MQs.

If you're planning on doing an entire repaint or painting a large area, I've found that adding Floetrol at 1 part to 4 parts paint helps keep the paint from drying too fast and helps to minimize brush marks or the texture from sponges or sponge rollers.

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

So I took my 'mod hole' to home depot to get the color scanned for some touch-up paint.

She said the sample had to be at least the size of a quarter.

I busted off a couple pieces before I went there, but none of them were the size of a quarter. So I handed her a slightly mangled circle of a cutout. Instantly, the fairly attractive woman questioned where the piece was from. Judging by the look on her face she seemed concerned and suspect, lol. Needless, she mixed it up, and surprisingly it was a good color match. She seemed to reluctantly show me. However the sample was nice and spot on.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Can't wait to see your's all finished. I'm still working on mine too lol
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

samara78 wrote:Can't wait to see your's all finished. I'm still working on mine too lol
Will she ever be really finished?

At the moment, she has been finished... in the sense that she is functional. If you want a real doll experience at an MQ price, this is the way to go... IMHO. Some basic mods are required, but they are worth the effort.

Her fun spot, has been perfectly placed, and has been tested out many times :) . She is extremely flexible. MQ's are mainly known for being hard and rigid, but with the right mods and touch up paint, this girl is a winner.

I was worried I placed the fun spot too low, but after many "tests," it is actually placed perfect.

I would like to make more accommodations for the fleshlight sleeve, but after adding some plastic epoxy around the inside of the opening, she is ready to go. Just pop in the sleeve and good times are happening.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

We will be waiting on our tiptoes for another view of your lovely doll, I assure you.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Awesome job modifying her! Thanks for all the images. These articulated mannequins are amazing partners in bed, both for sleeping with, and making love to. I own one very similar to yours.

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

A few pics and poses of Tiffany
0.jpg
0.jpg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 4078 times
01.jpg
01.jpg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 4078 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 4078 times
3a.JPG
3a.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 4078 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 4078 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (3.05 MiB) Viewed 4078 times
I have always got more ideas and places I would like the take her, but she is fully functional.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

REALLY COOL MOD HERE!!! Love the last poses, I go to Lowes for Valspar paint, and they know exactly what they are matching as I told them I repair mannequins (which I actually do) for stores so they don't look at me funny and do a real good job of matching it! I have even brought in arms and large parts for color matches....I airbrush Valspar over all my Mannequins and then follow that with at least 5 coats of Valspar clear flat lacquer for a dead flat look and depth, also helps to seal in my blushing and freckle effects real good.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Fantastic work and modifications on her! I, too, own an articulated mannequin. They are amazing in bed. Only thing... the paint on mine has been wearing down, from how much I kiss her, and other high contact areas, like her thighs.
Fiberglass guy wrote:REALLY COOL MOD HERE!!! Love the last poses, I go to Lowes for Valspar paint, and they know exactly what they are matching as I told them I repair mannequins (which I actually do) for stores so they don't look at me funny and do a real good job of matching it! I have even brought in arms and large parts for color matches....I airbrush Valspar over all my Mannequins and then follow that with at least 5 coats of Valspar clear flat lacquer for a dead flat look and depth, also helps to seal in my blushing and freckle effects real good.
Good to know. I'm looking for info on how to paint mine myself, instead of sending her away. Some I know do phenomenal mannequin restoration, they could give new looks to mannequins, but I want to see if I can just do touch ups myself with mine.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

He would have to ensure her joints don't come loose under the skin and tare through. A very thin padding between the skin and the manniquin would create a lovely tackle sebsation. I hope someone does this.

John929295
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by John929295 »

[quote="msdoll" She spreads very well.

Image[/quote]

If your penis or testicles get pinched by those leg parts, you could get hurt seriously.

INFORMATIONS