www.wmdolls.com

Lighting Position Affects Realism

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Lighting Position Affects Realism

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

As I move the mannequin around the room, I notice that the realism changes due to the way the light(s) hit her. Overhead fluorescents are the least realistic, while table lamp with an incandescent bulb is best. The light has to hit her eyes at a certain angle for maximum realism. When the table lamp is to her side, her glass eyes appear moist and realistic. Overhead fluorescents don't do that.

Melinda1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Lighting Position Affects Realism

Post by Melinda1 »

Natural light works best I think

Melinda1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Melinda1 »

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

normal_MonicaB&W01.jpg
normal_MonicaB&W01.jpg (22.93 KiB) Viewed 2380 times

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Melinda1 wrote:Natural light works best I think
I was just about to say that, especially subdued, directional lighting like the backlit by the window photo you used.

Open sunlight is also very good (one of the reasons I rely on it the most)

Candlelight can work too...
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

When it comes to "play" time w/ my doll I like candle light, black light or pulsing type light. The flicker or pulsing light can cast various shadows on a dolls face making her seem more realistic. Especially is she's moving some.

One of the best things I found, until it burnt out, was a small outdoor solar light I had. It was a little walkway light that stuck in the ground and had plastic sides like cut glass that diffused the light. It was outside all summer and I got an idea one night to try it.

I took the stake part off the bottom and taped a piece of string onto the top covering the light sensor so it would come on. I hung the light up from the ceiling in front of a fan turn on low so it would move the light around. I ended up taping a piece of paper towel on the bottom to give it a tail to pick up the fan better. It worked great. The dim light turned this way and that causing little beam of light to move everywhere.

I only used it a couple of times before it burnt out. It was my last one working of 3 lights I'd bought in the spring. Need to buy some more I guess. A poor mans $3.00 Walmart party light.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Also very important and often neglected are the eyes. Instead of leaving them in a blank, 'staring off into space' position, set them (assuming you can) so that they are 'focused' AT something. Either the viewer of the photograph...
P5030005 by Szalinski, on Flickr

...or whatever object they are supposed to be looking at:
Reading by Szalinski, on Flickr

The easiest way to do this is to position your head so it is at the same location as whatever it is she is supposed to be looking at. The camera if the doll is to be looking at the viewer, or if she is looking at an object, the spot where that object would be. With your head in the selected spot, position the eyes so it looks like the doll is focused on you.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

They are selling cheap miniature adjustable strobe lights at Wal-Mart for Halloween about 5 bucks, they work very well!!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Fiberglass guy wrote:They are selling cheap miniature adjustable strobe lights at Wal-Mart for Halloween about 5 bucks, they work very well!!
Thanks
I'll pick up a couple.

Another fun thing to do w/ lights is diffuse them through cloth or colored tape/ plastic, whatever. Just monitor everything for fire safety.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Yeah, picked up one of the $5.00 mini strobes. Works great indeed.

Comes w/ batts already installed and they are replaceable.
Very bright LED unit that has a wide range of flash speed adjustment. It's so bright I covered it w/a couple layers of colored plastic wrap to tone it down. Plastic from like a grocery or bread bag.

The speed adjustment knob is a easy to operate turn dial right on the side so you can quickly adjust it to match the music your listening to, if you are.

Of course I now realize this thread was about photography, I think?? Not sex play. Oh well.

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Good demonstration of lighting' s effect on photos. Thanks for the info. Personally like these topics to help learn how to take better shots.

broadfall

Post by broadfall »

I like to use a full spectrum plant light for in doors
WP_20140505_028.jpg
WP_20140505_028.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2139 times
WP_20140505_026.jpg
WP_20140505_026.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 2139 times
".....a man got to do something to make a living these days"
Dying ain't much of a living..... boy.
-Outlaw Josie Wales

INFORMATIONS