www.wmdolls.com

How to Pick Up a Mannequin

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Marky_St

How to Pick Up a Mannequin

Post by Marky_St »

Hello,
That title sounds like the opening line of a bad joke. I'll try to clarify!

Although I've lurked and read/looked at RD for years, and lurked here as well, the cost meant I'd never own one. Now, overseas quality and prices are getting close to what I can afford. Hoping to buy my first TPE doll in a few days as I narrow things down, but have to admit that for years I've wondered about mannequins.

My first interest is a partner in bed that my wife will share. I suspect the dolls openings will be used creatively, but I also enjoy the pure beauty of a cute partner close by. I'm certain there will be times when no insertion will be needed and the pure looks will satisfy the goal.

Having said that, I'm back to considering a mannequin in addition to the softer. I find a sexily dressed mannequin to be an intense turn on.

The question I have is: where do you find them? I don't have any industry connections to that field. Are these mostly "projects" and retail finds or is there a source for ready-to-dress-and-gawk-at models? I'm renting a space now, so power tools and do-it-yourself probably wouldn't work for me.

Any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated!

Best,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: How to Pick Up a Mannequin

Post by rubherkitty »

Ck Craigslist or eBay. I do eBay searches w/ the search tool of location within 50 miles so I don't have to pay shipping.

I have purchase stuff from Roxy Display. Almost any online retailer that sell's display merchandise will sell to you as an individual. Just call w/ the item # and credit card#. I imagine they have instant check out too. I just like talking to a real person. You can also google "retail display" for a large city near you and see if there is a shop to save shipping.

Craigslist or eBay local w/ limit your options. Ordering a new mannequin will give you many options.

TDF "the doll forum" even has a photo contest that allow mannequins so you can have the fun of doing a different outfit every month and submitting a pic if you want!
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi Marky and welcome to the Forum! :)

Yes, mannequins can be fun and Rubherkitty said it well.
Roxy Display is an excellent place to buy a mannequin - lowest prices, fast shipping and good people to deal with. I've made several online purchases there as well.
They just recently added PayPal to their online payment options BTW.
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... quins.html

As far as being in a rental space, I live in a small one bedroom apartment myself.
With all the work I've done on mannequins so far the only power tools I've really needed are an electric drill and occasionally a Dremel tool. Nothing heavy duty or industrial.
I've used my 3d printer for a few things, but the mods that I've made are fairly basic, not complete reconstructions.

I hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy yourself here on TDF!

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

I simply go into a mannequin showroom and buy one. They have plenty here, in New York. That's where I bought my first mannequin thirty years ago, long before they had the internet. I still go to them, to have my mannequins repaired, resprayed, etc. I found these mannequin showrooms in the phone book. Back in the 1980's, all the mannequins were American made. They were more expensive, like close to a thousand dollars, but the quality was far better than today. I find The Chinese mannequins ugly and personally, I won't do a cheap mannequin. I'm too good for that.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I think a mannequin is a good idea to maybe get your wife interested in playing dress up games w/ them. Could lead to more things, dolls, etc.
Attachments
the_girls_of_mannequin_fetish_by_mannequinfetish-d52xfzm.jpg
the_girls_of_mannequin_fetish_by_mannequinfetish-d52xfzm.jpg (170.58 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

Tell her she has nice leg's?

Tell her a good joke?

Just walk up to here and say.... "Hey good looking want to go to a movie with me"?

:mrgreen:

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

This is how Jeeves picked up Mathilda
P1010015.JPG
P1010015.JPG (109.92 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
P1010019.JPG
P1010019.JPG (114.74 KiB) Viewed 3471 times

Marky_St

Post by Marky_St »

Roxy looks very interesting. The prices seem reasonable to get started? Of course, there is clothing and a wig needed, but they seem very appealing.

With the TPE doll, I wanted it for insertion. As I look at how hot the mannequins look, a poke would certainly be nice. Not sure if I would mod her with a flashlight, but that seems 'doable' eventually. For now, the goal would be to get a perky, curvy model with a very detailed face, just for 'inspiration'. As I look at the models, also tried to find one that might give me a 'hand' if wanted?

Can someone give me their opinion of what category I should focus on? I see:

* Economy
* Sexy
* Sitting & Lying
* Female
* Flexible arm (seems promising)

Should I basically just look at the 'specs' on the side?
I would definitely want 'tan' skin tone. Do most people buy their wigs at the same time or is there a better source?

[The flexible arm sure did sound nice, but doesn't seem to have detail.]

I'll probably order today. Any model(s) that come highly recommended or is it just personal preference? Standing is nice, but the one lying, looking over her back sure looks tempting!

Sorry for the stupid questions. Learning something new every day! Thank you.

Best,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

If you are thinking about a modification for a Fleshlight, I can highly recommend this one...

She's a little cheaper at Roxy Display's Amazon store: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00529 ... UTF8&psc=1
She has the tan skin tone, detailed face and a very nice body sculpt. She works nicely laying on her back at the edge of the bed BTW. :wink:
Also nice for a doggy position with her face down on her knees.

I have a Fleshlight adapter made for this mannequin.
You can check out this thread to see the modification: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=53688

Roxy also has a good selection of wigs here: http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/wig/female.html
Stick with ones that are $19.95 or more for a better quality.

If you are looking for one that just looks super sexy lying on the bed, I agree this one is hard to beat!

Roxy has her here: http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... /fr11.html

P.S.
Thanks RK for posting that mannequin fetish pic - that's my Sammie on the right!
Cool website, lots of sexy looking MQs and outfits.

Marky_St

Post by Marky_St »

MannequinFan wrote:If you are thinking about a modification for a Fleshlight, I can highly recommend this one...

Thanks Mannequinfan! I didn't buy this one, but did get the one lying down. Now, I need to start naming them!

They are both lookers. I'll post links to the ones coming. If they are as fun as I think, I'll eventually get the other and your flashlight mod.

Be back in a bit with those links tonight.

Best,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks MF
Yes, I noticed Sammy right away!

The way I found that was I was searching the DeviantArt website for mannequins / mannequin art and found the pic I posted.

I thought about joining DeviantArt to post pics of Nikki when she is complete. Not sure if she's up to par w/t art there though. I went to the mannequin fetish site too thinking I would join to post pics, but it appears to be a pay to view membership thing, less the teaser free be's. Just dress up too, no sex conversions.

Speaking of wigs, I just scored some super hot wigs from a super hot lady on Craigslist for $15.00 ea.
She has $$ and had some hair issues from over working it and thought she was going to loose her hair.
She went out and blew a ton of $$ on like 30 wigs only to find out her hair was OK. So the story goes.
The dramas of a trophy wife!

RK.
PS: I think that babe lying on the bed could use a butt adapter too! :thumbs_up:

Marky_St

Post by Marky_St »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks MF
Yes, I noticed Sammy right away!

The way I found that was I was searching the DeviantArt website for mannequins / mannequin art and found the pic I posted.

I thought about joining DeviantArt to post pics of Nikki when she is complete. Not sure if she's up to par w/t art there though. I went to the mannequin fetish site too thinking I would join to post pics, but it appears to be a pay to view membership thing, less the teaser free be's. Just dress up too, no sex conversions.

Speaking of wigs, I just scored some super hot wigs from a super hot lady on Craigslist for $15.00 ea.
She has $$ and had some hair issues from over working it and thought she was going to loose her hair.
She went out and blew a ton of $$ on like 30 wigs only to find out her hair was OK. So the story goes.
The dramas of a trophy wife!

RK.
PS: I think that babe lying on the bed could use a butt adapter too! :thumbs_up:
Agreed about the butt adapter. I'll have to settle for gawking right now, but that will be the first mod.

Also, there was just "Something About Mary" that I couldn't resist:
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... /mary.html

Got 2 very cheap wigs, but now have to think about where to get clothing and shoes/boots.

Best,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark

Sanhui 165+
Summer

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Looks like a great combo Marky, one standing and one for the bed!
Please post some pics of your girls when you get em.

:)

INFORMATIONS