www.wmdolls.com

Consequences of buying from NonTDF approved vendor

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Consequences of buying from NonTDF approved vendor

Post by haremlover »

Found on FOR SALE section of another forum. This is a description of what a non-genuine doll can do in rather a short time . . .
i have a 140 cm 'Alison' doll, which i purchased in good faith as a genuine WM doll, but it appears not to be a genuine WM. The doll has started to fall apart, The TPE has given way and split on the wrists leaving the hands dangling, exposing the metal skeleton. the body has become stained with the clothing i used for photos. the wires in the fingers have all poked trough, and i have cut them off sorry. The worst is that the head has sheared off the neck connection and would need to be re built / connected somehow. basically the doll has started to seriously drop apart. Even the eye lashes have fallen off! i have owned this for about 3 months and do not have the skill or patience to try and fix it. it was bought for photo use and had only a brief bit of 'intimate' uses on the day
Don't buy outside TDF approved vendors and manufacturers!

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

grimreefer24601

Re: Consequences of buying from NonTDF approved vendor

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I purchased a "Approved Vendor" doll. I think on the 9th it will be a month since she arrived. Neck is broken, fingers are broken, I'm noticing places in the TPE that are coming apart. The vendor is taking care of me, so I'm not complaining. It seems like I got a black market doll from an approved vendor. At very least a Friday doll.

But, RLSD is taking care of it wonderfully.

And that is why you buy from Approved Vendors. Ebay or Ali won't stand behind their product. RLSD does.

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

I got lucky. Won't push my luck anymore though.
But my main doll Maxine was from the land of disenchantment but at least I was able to correct her deficiencies.
Luckily her TPE had/has no smell, is very easy to work with, and has been very resilient so far.
She will be a year old next month.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

To me, that doesn't neccesarily sound like a bad doll - It could just as well have been an uninformed/neglectful owner. Keep in mind, he's already been using the doll for three months. Alot can happen in that time.
it was bought for photo use and had only a brief bit of 'intimate' uses on the day
He mainly used it as a photography mannequin, which means the doll was always being posed, even more so for changing outfits.
The TPE has given way and split on the wrists leaving the hands dangling
Until recently, dolls wrists were not made to support any weight. Improper posing could have caused this, easily. (... or his 'brief intimate uses' - a rough doggie-style session could also have caused this.)
the body has become stained with the clothing i used for photos.
This happens to every TPE doll.
the wires in the fingers have all poked trough
This is also common among dolls.
Even the eye lashes have fallen off!
Seriously...?!?
the head has sheared off the neck connection
Considering his overall lack of knowledge concerning TPE dolls, it's likely that this may also have been caused by rough/neglectful handling.
i have owned this for about 3 months and do not have the skill or patience to try and fix it.
It's possible that he also didn't have the skills or patience to maintain, and care for his doll. He may have treated it as if it were just a typical mannequin, and caused all of the damage himself.

I agree that going with an approved vendor is the smartest thing to do. When my first delivery arrived with a broken neck, my vendor took care of me. When my second delivery arrived, it was the wrong model, and again, my vendor took care of me. Even after the sale, he has continued to give me support.

I think that no matter who you order from, there is a chance that something will go wrong. Using an approved vendor is your insurance against the bad things that can, and do happen.
However... No vendor can protect a doll from a neglectful owner.

RedMage
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by RedMage »

grimreefer24601 wrote:I purchased a "Approved Vendor" doll. I think on the 9th it will be a month since she arrived. Neck is broken, fingers are broken, I'm noticing places in the TPE that are coming apart. The vendor is taking care of me, so I'm not complaining. It seems like I got a black market doll from an approved vendor. At very least a Friday doll.

But, RLSD is taking care of it wonderfully.

And that is why you buy from Approved Vendors. Ebay or Ali won't stand behind their product. RLSD does.
I don't have a lot of experience with dolls, having only bought the one from RLSD. But I will say the quality of the doll has been top notch so far (2 weeks in). The only issue I had was the stain remover I ordered kind of...exploded...in the shipping box. And after showing them pictures, they're sending me a new bottle. :o

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I'm glad you had a wonderful purchase.

I've had a few issues. But, RLSD so far has been great. The thread is about buying from non approved vendors. I'm stating that I had an issue, and RLSD (an approved vendor) is handling it well. That is why you buy from approved vendors. I saw Jeff at BCD giving a doll to a hurricane victim in Texas. That's awesome. No knockoff doll will offer that.

My 0.02.

INFORMATIONS