www.wmdolls.com

Is this site a scam? playtoys se

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
CF70
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Is this site a scam?

Post by CF70 »

Well I didn't want to spend as much as a good used car on a doll so I looked around.
I know some of the companies selling dolls in the same pricerange as these guys are scammers and some are not. That's why I went to visit them before I bought my doll. They never claimed to be selling famous brand dolls which do cost 3 to 4 times more.
My doll cost 20 000 SEK and she is holding up well. I do get on top of her a lot and there are no problems with her at all. Absolutely no smell or stickyness or anything like that.

Amanda:
My doll has a 10 year warranty, yours probably does too. Did you contact them about this? If so what did they say?

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

a 10 year warranty?

I wouldn't even believe that if there were a manufacturer who had
been making TPE dolls for 10 years.
They won't be around in 10 years.
Neither will the doll.
"I used to be an airline pilot. I got fired because
I kept locking the keys in the plane. They caught
me on an 80 foot stepladder with a coat hanger."
Steven Wright

CF70
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by CF70 »

Whatever, but they're still up and running today so the warranty would be valid. Amanda, did you contact them?

The warranty is for manufacturing defects and those would usually show up when a product is quite new. There's no way a manufacturing defect would show up 10 years down the line anyway.

If there's something wrong with your doll they'll get you a new one. I met them in person. They're not crooks. They're very decent people.

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

I make no claims about their product, I don't know anything about it.
But I can say that if I saw a 10 year guarantee, I'd look no further.
Steven Wright

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Mark Spencer wrote: But I can say that if I saw a 10 year guarantee, I'd look no further.
Um.

If I saw a 10 year guarantee I'd think either these people don't know what they're doing or they're a scam.

If I saw a 160 advertised as a 158, I'd run a mile.

We're looking here at a thread asking very publicly whether it's safe to buy from a particular vendor. It's great that you've come out of it fine but Amanda hasn't, which puts reliability into the category of erratic for a start. When one looks at the accuracy of the advertising, one can't really conclude that this vendor is wholly reliable ;-)

When then one looks at the manufacturer's price and their price, which aren't far apart, it's every reason to shop around to find vendors known to be reliable to buy from at such a price.

Whilst your enthusiasm for your purchase can be appreciated perhaps also you might appreciate the logic expressed above which relates to the generality of "with what level of safety can I buy from xyz vendor". Risks are indicated and bearing those risks in mind it's wise for this thread to head in the direction of "there are other vendors selling such dolls at such prices without risks".

Please therefore don't let this thread go around in circles unless you have new information.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

haremlover wrote:
Mark Spencer wrote: But I can say that if I saw a 10 year guarantee, I'd look no further.
Um.

If I saw a 10 year guarantee I'd think either these people don't know what they're doing or they're a scam.
That was my point, perhaps I was not clear.
When a manufacturer claims to guarantee a product for longer than
the product has been on the market, they are not being honest. That
would be the end of my interest in that vendor. I wouldn't read anything
else from them.
Steven Wright

CF70
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by CF70 »

I don't quite understand your argument Doll Oracle.

Why should I stear clear of a doll that is sold as a 158cm doll. I measured mine and it is actually 158cm, it isn't 160cm and why should it be? Your argument makes no sense to me.

A 10 year warranty for manufacturing defects is not strange in any way. I am an engineer and I can tell you that virtually all manufacturing defects are found in factory inspections and never leave the factory. The few that get through are caught by the customer during the first use. It is extremely rare that a manufacturing defect surfaces years down the line.

We still haven't heard from Amanda if he has spoken to them regarding his warranty. Amanda, can you tell us please...

I paid a fair price for my doll and she's very good, well above my expectations. Why the overall negative stance from so many here?

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

CF70, we're not getting at you or anyone else for that matter! We have seen so many sad stories here and it makes us cautious regarding sites not approved by TDF. To be approved requires rigorous review and it has nothing to do with money. Believe me, TDF is run mostly by volunteers for the good of the doll community and has nothing to do with business interests.

We try to help where we can and if that means collectively pointing out that we are not sure about a particular site then we will say so. If that advice is not considered helpful then the risk is yours. I'm glad you're happy with your doll and may you have many good times together!

As for longevity, you need to consider the use of these dolls. There are some early tin cured silicone dolls here (to my knowledge the oldest is 2002) but TPE has, in its current manufactured form, only been around for a few years. At first the quality was poor and some of the cheaper manufacturers used harmful chemicals in the mix so it had a bad reputation. Thankfully, the reputable manufacturers now use safe formulas but that's not to say those trying to scam the market do! Sometimes the smell gives them away.

Different manufacturers use different formulas which is why some dolls feel and behave differently (excluding the obvious differences in skeleton structures)! TPE is thermo elastic polymer and behaves differently at different temperatures. It can be cut easily and tear so we find it very hard to believe anyone could guarantee such a product legitimately for any long period. They would be nuts if they did as we don't know how long we've got with our loved ones!

We are not forcing anyone to avoid these sites but we have seen many members come running back for help and it's not funny anymore (if ever it was!). Of course we will also try to help those that have bought a duff doll but why not avoid that in the first place!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Dear CF70

My post above was actually specifically in response to yours. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p1138866 and
haremlover wrote:If I saw a 10 year guarantee I'd think either these people don't know what they're doing or they're a scam.

If I saw a 160 advertised as a 158, I'd run a mile.

We're looking here at a thread asking very publicly whether it's safe to buy from a particular vendor. It's great that you've come out of it fine but Amanda hasn't, which puts reliability into the category of erratic for a start. When one looks at the accuracy of the advertising, one can't really conclude that this vendor is wholly reliable ;-)

When then one looks at the manufacturer's price and their price, which aren't far apart, it's every reason to shop around to find vendors known to be reliable to buy from at such a price.

Whilst your enthusiasm for your purchase can be appreciated perhaps also you might appreciate the logic expressed above which relates to the generality of "with what level of safety can I buy from xyz vendor". Risks are indicated and bearing those risks in mind it's wise for this thread to head in the direction of "there are other vendors selling such dolls at such prices without risks".

Please therefore don't let this thread go around in circles unless you have new information.
A 10 year guarantee with respect to a TPE doll is _meaningless_. Giving meaningless guarantees is the stuff of scam-merchants.

The JY160 photographed has specifications: Upper chest(CM):82 - Under chest(CM):68 - Waist(CM):55 - Hip(CM):83
The site you enthuse about gives BREAST: 68 cm - WAIST: 52 cm - HIP: 74 cm
The JY158 has specifications - Waist circumference:50cm - Hip circumference:86cm - WaBust: 91cm
JY list her with those photos as their 160 and not their 158.

Their information is dodgy, their guarantee unrealistic and in Amanda's experience, risky and on that basis, selling at no significantly cheaper prices than can be obtained from TDF reliable vendors, not worth the risk of buying through them. That's why the process of TDF accreditation exists.
Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

CF70
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by CF70 »

I would really like to hear from Amanda on this. I checked his profile and he's been online recently enough to have read all these posts. Why don't we hear from you Amanda? Is there new info on this that you don't want to tell us?
Not trying to be a jerk here but we all want to hear from you, it is your thread after all :)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

CF70 wrote:Why don't we hear from you Amanda? Is there new info on this that you don't want to tell us?
I think Amanda has told us all there is to know and need to know already - that she bought a doll from this site which was smelly and sticky and not of a description that I'd give to a JY or a WM doll made this year.

Perhaps it might be you who should be giving the new information. Looking at http://dollforum.com/forum/search.php?a ... 0&sr=posts it appears that you've joined this forum specifically to comment upon this thread in favour of the Swedish site that sells dolls which don't fit the descriptions of known brands and at prices that genuine vendors can match.

Perhaps therefore within the next 24 hours you might post here a few photos of your wonderful doll here together with a piece of paper with your username and today's date upon it.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

CF70
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by CF70 »

I bought a doll from them and it's a good doll. Why is that such a complicated concept to grasp?
Are they scamming anyone? Certainly not me!
Did Amanda try to contact them regarding his warranty? We don't know... He might not even be a real customer of theirs, could just be a troll.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

CF70 wrote:I bought a doll from them and it's a good doll.
Great. It would be nice to see photos of the doll you have as I've asked.

Longer members of the forum have seen Amanda's handling of this subject and it's not that of a newbie to the forum with some sort of promotion nor dispromotion of any particular company.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

CF70 wrote:
I paid a fair price for my doll and she's very good, well above my expectations. Why the overall negative stance from so many here?
Let's start with the fact that they use Bait & Switch tactics.
They use photographs of a competitor's product.
They do not make the product in the photos.
Their specifications do not match the photos.

If their products are so good, why don't they use photo
of their own products? Why not show photos of what you
will actually receive?

And why is this so hard for *you* to understand?

Glad everything worked out for you. But people are right to be suspicious
of a vendor who lies about what they are selling you.
Steven Wright

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Buy the best, leave the rest.
Money money money makes scammers funny so best is to just trust within the TDF-approved vendors world...
It's your hard earned money....and scammers are everywhere and loves when you click to order a shitty copy...my simple question is: WHY the hell do you think you can get a doll cheaper as announced from the manufacturer itself? Don't trust them and keep care!!

- SF -

INFORMATIONS