www.wmdolls.com

Website scams

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
toybunker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Website scams

Post by toybunker »

Im new to this forum and plan on buying doll soon. Just needed some advice and places that are rated high to purchase from. So i have looked on passion dolls website. Are they a scam website? Has anybody purchase from them? Thanks

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Website scams

Post by dullahan »

Passion Dolls seems to be a vendor approved by this forum so they enjoy the trust of this community.

This means that they follow the business etiquettes and best practises set by TDF and enough users have had good experience with them to deem them trustworthy. It also means that if there is a problem with your order from them, this forum can easily help you resolve the problem.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

toybunker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by toybunker »

Thank you for that info. Just new on here and haven't bought a doll yet and plan too. I have also just been doing a lot of researching so I don't get ripped off.

Grassmann66
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Grassmann66 »

Really? What kind of help does this forum offer those who've been ripped off by "TDF Approved " vendors ?

I'd really like to know, because when I ordered from a "trusted" vendor, well respected by many here, I felt very safe that my decision to purchase from this vendor was solid... I trusted the opinions and advice of this forum and even "waited patiently" for my order to be fulfilled, because, as I was told " it will be SO worth it".
I placed my order in February of 2016.
Still no doll. No refund. No grease.
Nothing but talk from TDF. Not even any solid contact info to find the crooks.

I'd love some of that "help" getting even PART of my $$ back. Not holding my breath. YMMV. Best of luck to all.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Grassmann66 wrote:Really? What kind of help does this forum offer those who've been ripped off by "TDF Approved " vendors ?

I'd really like to know, because when I ordered from a "trusted" vendor, well respected by many here, I felt very safe that my decision to purchase from this vendor was solid... I trusted the opinions and advice of this forum and even "waited patiently" for my order to be fulfilled, because, as I was told " it will be SO worth it".
I placed my order in February of 2016.
Still no doll. No refund. No grease.
Nothing but talk from TDF. Not even any solid contact info to find the crooks.

I'd love some of that "help" getting even PART of my $$ back. Not holding my breath. YMMV. Best of luck to all.
Contact one of the moderators here. Anung Un Rama for example. They'll help you with any vendor-related issues. None of the trusted vendors here want to get blacklisted so I'm sure the issue can be resolved.

It would be wise to actually reach out and ask for help before throwing accusations claiming that TDF isn't doing anything to help. We are a forum and not a store so we are not to blame if your order has had delays. If the communication with the vendor is not going anywhere, you can reach TDF for help.

Please do not bite the hand that is able to help you.

EDIT: Wait, February 2016? Well I can understand why you would be rather angry. I really suggest that you get in touch with the mods ASAP.

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

Grassmann66
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Grassmann66 »

Been there, done that. Long ago. Did reach out. Search "Candy8teen ripoff " and you'll see at the publicly visible part of the ordeal. (At least what wasn't deleted to protect the vested interests of those are invested and intetested in their investments... )
Anyway, I'm not saying a damn thing that isn't the 100% documented truthful experience of THIS TDF member's ecperience TRYING to make my first doll purchase.
I still don't own a doll and I have to say, the experience so far; sucked.
And definitely, NOT in good way!
Like I said, YMMV, and I sure as 'ell hope it does, in every possible way for the better.
But now you know that NOTHING is as warm and fuzzy and "fur sur" as it tends to be portrayed so much of the time. Not in politics. Not in business. Definitely not on the internet. And not in this forum.
'Course Mr. Franklin (Ben) says this post gets deleted before TOO many potential 1st timers read it and get second thoughts about that Expensive sex toy they need so bad.
Adios and happy .... experiences to all

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

toybunker,
Doug is on the up and up.
That I promise you.
Best,
Jeff and the BCD Girls
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

I read the thread you posted. Since Candy8teen was closing business and disappearing, there was little to be done in regards to refunds. The Management clearly tried as they stated in the thread.

It's very common for closing businesses not to fulfill any outstanding orders. It happened with one of the largest retail chains here where I live and people were furious. No-one got what they had ordered from the store's online shop. Some even went into the store to steal what they had not received and assaulted the shop clerks. Since a law firm takes hold of the company that goes bankrupt, they have no obligations towards the customers. No laws requiring them to do so either.

It sucks to lose a huge chunk of money and I feel for you. Only by filing for fraud can you get your money back. A good rule of thumb is also to be mindful of the Paypal's 6 month rule with refunds. So if the seller isn't delivering what you paid for, file a dispute within 6 months.

The fact that the vendor was TDF approved is a very scary thought, though.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

Grassmann66 is right about one thing - even if a vendor is approved on TDF that doesn't give you a guarantee that everything will be fine. In general TDF gets involved if there is a dispute between the vendor and the client and usually puts pressure on the vendor to make it right.

Candy8teen is the only case so far where a manufacturer (not a vendor) who was approved on TDF did not fulfill outstanding orders, however there were many complications and reasons leading up to this. As long as the manufacturer is doing fine there is no need to be concerned.

A the end, buying from a TDF approved vendor is safer than buying from eBay, Amazon or chinese websites. Doug (from Passiondolls) is solid, trustworthy and you will not have any problems with him.

George
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

Grassmann66
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Grassmann66 »

Great, but how in the HE11 do you know if a vendor is doing ok?
They ain't gonna forward you their D&B report!

I googled C18, I read everything this site returned when I searched "Candy Eighteen", "Candy18", "Candy8teen" "C18", "C8teen" and every other variation I could think of or find out about and guess what I found?
NOTHING BUT POSITIVE, REASSURING ENDORSEMENTS!
Nothing AT ALL to indicate mike wanted out, or they couldn't fill prepaid orders or anything negative at all
Just advice to be patient, it'll be worth it. You'll get your doll and be very happy!
Meanwhile my paypal time limit expired

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

This manufacturer reseller is NO LONGER TDF accredited.

While TDF recommends and approves makers and resellers, there are stringent conditions that they must adhere to maintain the approved status quo.

If they do not comply, then they are no longer approved or recommended. This is their loss.

TDF does not guarantee or cover losses of funds for failed business or transactions but attempts to mediate a suitable outcome for both parties, that maintains the terms of under which makers and vendors are required to adhere to maintain their status quo.

So if a business closes and liquidates, it is difficult for anybody to mediate or negotiate getting a refund, irrespective of relationship to the seller, outside of litigation action. TDF is not a Law firm, so those that feel they have a case can also choose a class action accordingly against the seller if they so chose to do so.

I will not comment further as this is a vendors and management issue, and I have locked the thread until management chooses to release a statement, that is any different than the previous statements with regards to this same case.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Candy8teen has been liked by many for years and years. Their dolls were one of those filling the early gap between inflatables and high-end silicone dolls.

The market changed and last year C18 decided to stop. The way they handled the closing of their business is unethical -to put it mildly. TDF Management tried to be in touch, put pressure on them to fulfil or refund standing orders. C18 chose to disappear.

Listed sellers are not under our control and your dealings with these sellers are solely between you and them. Still we are really unhappy about C18 disappearing this way. A black page for the doll community.

INFORMATIONS