betterlovedoll.com

Poll: photo comic subforum?

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Would you like Eye Candy have a subforum specifically for photo comics?

Yes. It'd be fun to have them all in one place, and might encourage creativity among members.
68%
No. There's really no point, since they can just be posted in the main section of Eye Candy or else the appropriate doll-specific subfora.
32%

Total votes: 22

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Poll: photo comic subforum?

Post by IanEvans »

Caley here. :mrgreen: I guess I'm gonna have to do this through Ian's account, since one can't start a poll with a doll acount. And yes, I know I said we'd do this tomorrow (well, later today, technically :whistle: ), but I just couldn't wait that long. :wink:

I'm of course referring to a sequence of pics that not only tell a story but have speech bubbles for the dialog rather than external captions. And while they needn't be specifically presented in comic-panel form, those who wish to do so could always use the free SuperLame app, or even ComicLife if you don't mind paying a little for something more elaborate (there's even a free trial period) like Ian and I did for our wedding.

So anyway, please vote. Oh, and there's no expiration on this poll, but why put it off? 8)

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

happynow
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Poll: photo comic subforum?

Post by happynow »

i like 3d comix and doll comix
19.jpg
19.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1559 times

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

As a producer of this kind of entertainment I would say YES. having these in a specific area means that the people who want to see them can find them easily. Having various kinds of girls means posting in a specific forum may not be correct and sometimes they aren't 'Eye Candy'.

A sub forum in eye Candy would be a good plan

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

! have no objection To that. :D If there is enough interest we can make it so.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Yes. Having all of these great writers works in one location would make them much more easily accessible and prevent them from getting buried in thread graveyard.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by deerman »

A topic section has been created! :D Go for it guys.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

It's not about a topic, it's about a subforum :wink:

Let's take a little time to see how the poll goes :D

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

I voted yes. Subforums can really add depth and flavor for people who want to gather around a topic or theme. It would also be convenient to reference / archive the work of Karrot, Ian, and others that do their storytelling in the comic format.

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

I voted no. <petty comment self-edited and removed> Please ignore one of the no votes.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

karpos wrote:I voted no
My recollection is that Ian is for freedom of expression and against censorship. Preventing segregation was not the thrust of his feedback, rather it was to maintain values of openness and freedom of expression. It has been several months since that discussion took place, but that was what I took away from it. To be honest, I respected those arguments.

A subforum for comics is a good idea because it encourages categorization (not segregation) and it would serve as an archive for relative works, like Ian and Caley's wedding, and Karrot's stories from The Patch.

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

LaDollyVita wrote:My recollection is that Ian is for freedom of expression and against censorship. Preventing segregation was not the thrust of his feedback, rather it was to maintain values of openness and freedom of expression. It has been several months since that discussion took place, but that was what I took away from it. To be honest, I respected those arguments.

A subforum for comics is a good idea because it encourages categorization (not segregation) and it would serve as an archive for relative works, like Ian and Caley's wedding, and Karrot's stories from The Patch.
Like I said in my edit, I was being petty which is not the right attitude to have. I agree that Ian actually had an argument I respected and while we disagreed on the individual topic he and I did agree on freedom of expression. I was acknowledging that I voted no and that I did so for a very petty and unbecoming reason. I do agree that more organization of the Eye Candy section is needed as right now it is a bit jumbled. Maybe we can also use this to Brainstorm other ideas for organizational categories as well.

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

CaleyEvans
Doll
Doll

Post by CaleyEvans »

Y'know, I was indeed thinking about Ian's opposition to the softy forum when I posted this. So whatever your reason for voting against it (it doesn't have to be specifically for the one I included), if the "no" votes win, it doesn't happen. Sure, some of us will be disappointed if that's the case, but, c'est la vie. :roll:
Yes, my husband has finally begun restoring his albums. ;)

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

I'd like to mention that a 'stickied' index topic might serve the same gathering purpose. A while back I made one for cosycottage's various photo-stories in the Miniature Adult Dolls section, and later another one for Karrot's photo-comics in the Teddy Babes section. And of course, there's Bubbles' Comics (Ruby13 doll) already 'stickied' right here in Eye Candy (it's not indexed, but all in one long thread).

A stickied index topic has an advantage of being able to link to all the photo-stories or photo-comics, no matter where they were posted (or will be posted) in TDF. I think it'd be easier and quicker to set up, instead of trying to gather and move all the comic threads into one new subforum. Also, the index can be easily updated by anyone in TDF Staff. If you voted YES, would this be an acceptable alternative?

(I'd even volunteer to do the organizing, too! 8) )

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

CaleyEvans wrote:Y'know, I was indeed thinking about Ian's opposition to the softy forum when I posted this. So whatever your reason for voting against it (it doesn't have to be specifically for the one I included), if the "no" votes win, it doesn't happen. Sure, some of us will be disappointed if that's the case, but, c'est la vie. :roll:
That is why I asked to have my no vote retracted. While it isn't a proper excuse, I am sick and was just being grumpy and petty. It is best if we leave the past in the past.

Moving forward... I agree that we need more organization to the Eye Candy forum and this would make for a great subcategory.

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by deerman »

Zang wrote:I'd like to mention that a 'stickied' index topic might serve the same gathering purpose. A while back I made one for cosycottage's various photo-stories in the Miniature Adult Dolls section, and later another one for Karrot's photo-comics in the Teddy Babes section. And of course, there's Bubbles' Comics (Ruby13 doll) already 'stickied' right here in Eye Candy (it's not indexed, but all in one long thread).

A stickied index topic has an advantage of being able to link to all the photo-stories or photo-comics, no matter where they were posted (or will be posted) in TDF. I think it'd be easier and quicker to set up, instead of trying to gather and move all the comic threads into one new subforum. Also, the index can be easily updated by anyone in TDF Staff. If you voted YES, would this be an acceptable alternative?

(I'd even volunteer to do the organizing, too! 8) )
I know you have done a lot of work preserving Karrots work. :D EYE CANDY COMICS can be a place for there viewing. :D If this project works a stickie would be in order and a very enjoyable topic would be for all to enjoy!

INFORMATIONS