sexyrealsexdolls.com

Nails TPE vs silicon

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Nails TPE vs silicon

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Are there recommendations/cautions for TPE and silicon doll nails?

I gather the nails and fingers specifically are fragile. Should I even think about:

Nail polish (painting, removing old colors and applying new)?
Nail polish removers?

Press-ons ok (gel, acrylic)?
Glues to be used (specifically what to avoid) ?

Any videos or guides would be most helpful, I'm sure this has been touched on before.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Nails TPE vs silicon

Post by DarkOne »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:Are there recommendations/cautions for TPE and silicon doll nails?

I gather the nails and fingers specifically are fragile. Should I even think about:

Nail polish (painting, removing old colors and applying new)?
Nail polish removers?

Press-ons ok (gel, acrylic)?
Glues to be used (specifically what to avoid) ?

Any videos or guides would be most helpful, I'm sure this has been touched on before.
Don't use nail polish or nail polish remover on a TPE doll. Likely end up melting the TPE.

Silicone is likely much more tolerant of such chemicals, but Im not sure I would risk it.

on my TPE doll, the fake nails where all superglued on and ended up falling off over a few months.
I would recommend following that procedure and gluing them back on if they fall off.

If you must paint them, Id recommend trying some water based acrylic paint (think kids craft paints, like the kind that are little solid disks you add water to). IIRC some people have used it to paint on there dolls with no ill effects. Best to try it first under the wig, or on an insert you don't care about, etc.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

INFORMATIONS