sexyrealsexdolls.com

Getting back the sheen

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Getting back the sheen

Post by Szalinski »

New wigs look great, but after a few brushings the sheen seems to go away. I guess it's some sort of coating given to the wig at the factory, but how can I get it back?

At first I thought furniture polish. The wax woud put back the shine and shouldn't react with the silicone, as waxes are pretty inert. Alas, furniture polish no longer has wax in it. None of them.

Second thought was silicone spray, but I dread to think what that may do to the doll's flesh (or coatings).

Is there a product, preferably spray on so it would be easy to apply and brush in out in the field, that will restore the sheen to a synthetic wig?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Getting back the sheen

Post by Dollarhyde »

I use Ojon Color Sustain Gloss Finishing Hair Spray for my girls shiny hair. :D :D

Just remember to place your wig on a wig holder then spray the shine gloss made for wigs with synthetic hair directly on the wig. Hold it about 5 inches away from the wig when you spray it to allow for optimal distribution across the wig. Use a shine spray or cream for real hair if your wig is made from natural hair. Apply it according to label instructions.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

Szalinski wrote:New wigs look great, but after a few brushings the sheen seems to go away. ...
I've heard it's easier (and less costly) to replace it with something called "kutcher" :whistle:

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Dollarhyde wrote:I use Ojon Color Sustain Gloss Finishing Hair Spray for my girls shiny hair. :D :D

Just remember to place your wig on a wig holder then spray the shine gloss made for wigs with synthetic hair directly on the wig. Hold it about 5 inches away from the wig when you spray it to allow for optimal distribution across the wig. Use a shine spray or cream for real hair if your wig is made from natural hair. Apply it according to label instructions.
All my girls' wigs are synthetic.

Do I need to do all the brushing/styling before I spray it (that would be rather difficult if I have to transfer it from a standtothe doll)?

Or can it be brushed after, perhaps even brushed through the "hair"?
GFELube wrote:
Szalinski wrote:New wigs look great, but after a few brushings the sheen seems to go away. ...
I've heard it's easier (and less costly) to replace it with something called "kutcher" :whistle:
OK, your "whistle" smily makes me think that was a joke, but "kutcher" I don't get?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I generally use wig conditioner spray to make the wigs shine a bit, plus, it makes brushing it a lot easier.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

GreyGull

Post by GreyGull »

Szalinski wrote: OK, your "whistle" smily makes me think that was a joke, but "kutcher" I don't get?
"Two and a Half Men" TV show. Charlie "Sheen" was replaced with Ashton "Kutcher"
Bless me Father, for i have SINned

GuyNamedCam
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GuyNamedCam »

GreyGull wrote: "Two and a Half Men" TV show. Charlie "Sheen" was replaced with Ashton "Kutcher"
Ah-ha-ha.Well played GreyGull. Well played.

Damnit. I didn't get the joke until you explained it. This makes me feel bad about myself. Here I was thinking I was "smart" and deep... and I totally missed it. Kinda shoots that theory right in the foot.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

I think Alex hit it on the head or so to speak, wig restore or conditioner can be purchased at a local wig shop or on line. :D

Cyber Ted

Post by Cyber Ted »

I use Dimples Fibre Oil Conditioner, this gives the hair a great sheen and natural feel. The major plus is that it removes the dry unnatural feel of synthetic hair.

http://www.simplywigs.co.uk/catalogue/w ... imples.php

Any Fibre Oil Conditioner should do the same.

CT

INFORMATIONS