Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

CA tax on real dolls

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Koop

CA tax on real dolls

Post by Koop »

Is it based on billing address or shipping address? ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Brick

Re: CA tax on real dolls

Post by Brick »

Its based on Realdoll address, its in CA so you pay the CA tax if you buy reguardless of where you live :(
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Zebo wrote:Its based on Realdoll address, its in CA so you pay the CA tax if you buy regardless of where you live :(
Unless something has changed there Zebo, I have never been charged tax on any Abyss purchase (shipped to me) because I live in PA or out of state of Cal. I believe that if the customer lives in Cal, that customer will charged tax because of residence in the state whether a purchase is shipped or picked up in person. I know that if I were to drive to Cal and pay for and pickup a doll in person, I would have to pay the Cal Sales tax even though I live in PA but, if I pay from here and have her shipped to me here in PA, there would be no sales tax although our great elected leaders are always trying to collect the sales tax or change the rules to make it so. That has been mine and others experience with buying out of state or from Abyss but, like I said, If that has recently changed, everyone will be paying it no matter where you live. :|

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Abyss- CA. Only CA residents pay the tax or anyone who purchases or picks up the doll locally.
Paid for out of state and shipped out of state, no tax. Get a PO box across the border and pay w/ MO's maybe? Have a friend from another state order it on CC, but have it shipped across the border to your PO Box or UPS Store.

Now if I live in Kentucky and I mail order something from Sears out of Chicago, I still have to pay tax as Sears has a retail store in KY. Doesn't matter that I didn't buy from the local store.

Sales tax is crazy! 9% here. I lose a lot of home state business as I collect sales tax. I might have 4-5 state sales out of over 300 sales for the yr.
Some of my home based mail order competitors don't. Hell, they might now even claim the sales on their income taxes?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Brick

Post by Brick »

My Mistake! Been living in CA too long........
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Zebo wrote:My Mistake! Been living in CA too long........
LOL! You are forgiven my friend as we are only human! :D

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Well, Abyss - San Marcos, CA sales tax is only 7.75%.
I believe that mail order within the state, they figure the sales tax rate based on destination, unless you pick up/ pay at the Abyss shop. Abyss will accept MO's and will knock $100.00 of the doll price for not having to pay CC fees!

I charge a flat fee of 9% in my state which is friggin farm country! It's actually 9.47% here locally. Come sales tax filing time, I have to google the rate for each destination I shipped to within my state to figure what I have to pay .Gov.

If you ck Abyss website, there are also like 5 states that have doll/s on display at adult shops.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Koop

Post by Koop »

I tested out the ordering page (without purchasing). Conclusion: Tax is based on shipping address, which you enter first. Having entered your shipping address, tax is computed and then you enter your billing address/info. It's currently 8% in my part of CA.

freeman01

Post by freeman01 »

This is where it REALLY pays to know someone right over the border in a neighboring state.
Live your life as you dream it and not necessarily as it was handed to you.

INFORMATIONS