Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Need some Information

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Need some Information

Post by pygmalion2 »

Zebo wrote:
pygmalion2 wrote:With the realdolls, there has been a huge change in the quality of the silicone I would guess around the time of the
duracast hands/feet. The softness is soft enough that you can 'dent' the silicone. There is a mild texture and yet
silky smoothness that needs very little powdering. The softness is below shore 0010. I have not been able
to duplicate this softness even when adding slacker to the 0010 smooth-on silicone. I have had over 10 silicone dolls before
Katy - body D (delivered nov 2014) and this is IMHO the best silicone no contest.
The vag insert, I glue in with a thin amount of adhesive so that their is no gap. When the insert tears and needs replacing,
I will be able to cut the silicone adhesive bead and remove/replace the insert. I am not interested in the Kama sutra positions
just simply missionary sex where my body D is just too good to describe. The articulated spine, the smoothness of motion of the
joints, the beauty of the face,... I forget at times this is only a doll. I also have two dolls from another company that makes
these hyper realistic dolls a 1H and a 2D, several earlier model realdolls but for sex, the body D is the one.

IMG_3897.JPG
Pyg, is that a hand punched blondie or glued?? Looks Amazing!!
They are hand punched human hair - one by one - not bad after 3 years of play. eh!?
<em>I know the good artist</em>

Brick

Post by Brick »

Please look at begogs doll, I think it’s self explanatory. No the hands and feet of the Realdoll is Duracast and VERY durable, you really have to fuck up to get a finger poke and I have never had a finger wire break on me in 9 yrs. The quality and artistry of the Realdoll is second to none. If you take care of your doll it will last 10 or more yrs........really!
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Brick

Post by Brick »

pygmalion2 wrote:
Zebo wrote:
pygmalion2 wrote:With the realdolls, there has been a huge change in the quality of the silicone I would guess around the time of the
duracast hands/feet. The softness is soft enough that you can 'dent' the silicone. There is a mild texture and yet
silky smoothness that needs very little powdering. The softness is below shore 0010. I have not been able
to duplicate this softness even when adding slacker to the 0010 smooth-on silicone. I have had over 10 silicone dolls before
Katy - body D (delivered nov 2014) and this is IMHO the best silicone no contest.
The vag insert, I glue in with a thin amount of adhesive so that their is no gap. When the insert tears and needs replacing,
I will be able to cut the silicone adhesive bead and remove/replace the insert. I am not interested in the Kama sutra positions
just simply missionary sex where my body D is just too good to describe. The articulated spine, the smoothness of motion of the
joints, the beauty of the face,... I forget at times this is only a doll. I also have two dolls from another company that makes
these hyper realistic dolls a 1H and a 2D, several earlier model realdolls but for sex, the body D is the one.

IMG_3897.JPG
Pyg, is that a hand punched blondie or glued?? Looks Amazing!!
They are hand punched human hair - one by one - not bad after 3 years of play. eh!?
Totally impressed pyg, very nice I love the blondies.....

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

Barbydoll wrote:
"One thing which makes me wonder, is that Abyss says the insert diameter is 2''. That's about 50 mm compared to 15mm TPE inserts.
Do they really have a hole with 50mm or is the hole oval?"

Maybe this mean outside diameter at some point (look photo at Abyss accessories). I have not possible measure it (now)
I can tell that it is very suitable for almost all cock. Best of the world.

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

apn12 wrote:Barbydoll wrote:
"One thing which makes me wonder, is that Abyss says the insert diameter is 2''. That's about 50 mm compared to 15mm TPE inserts.
Do they really have a hole with 50mm or is the hole oval?"

Maybe this mean outside diameter at some point (look photo at Abyss accessories). I have not possible measure it (now)
I can tell that it is very suitable for almost all cock. Best of the world.
Thanks!
Yes from the pics there must be something wrong with 2''. Most TPE inserts are about 2'' on the outside (50-60mm), this would mean you could throw the TPE insert in the realdoll insert amlost without streching it :D
The inside dimension is 7" deep x 2" in diameter, however stretches to about 12" deep and 4" in diameter. (No cross section images are available.)
https://secure.realdoll.com/female-real ... ck-insert/

But pictures show something like this:
Maybe Abyss meant the inside diameter of the doll itself (= outside diameter 2" of the insert like you said).

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

There are considerably literal errors on Abyss website. Example shoe size, weights etc.
I can measure insert tomorrow.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

LOL! I took that pic. That's Kwench's insert on left, Vema's TPE insert on right. I.D. of RD insert is 1". ID of standard TPE insert is 1.5cm. 1"=2.5cm. You can also get TPE in 2.0 and 2.5. Keep in mind TPE stretches much more than silicone.

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

Thanks Begog and apn12!
I don't want to spam gator048's thread, but delivery time might be interesting, too.

I got told today delivery time is estimated to 12 weeks (for the D body order; but I'm not sure If the EU vendor asked Abyss).
Others talk about 27 weeks for a doll order. 8O
http://clubrealdoll.com/community/threa ... post-32859

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Delivery time may be different for different body types. This is where Zebo needs to answer. I really don't know.

Brick

Post by Brick »

Right now, production time on all dolls is at 27weeks to delivery. They are working to bring that down to 20weeks, but I don't see that happening for awhile. However, for those of us with little patience and a lot of coin can get the express service (6-8 weeks) on the doll for an additional $1500. So you have a choice, Barbydoll :D

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

Installation tool of insert dimensions: ball on head diameter is 29mm, rod diameter 26mm.
This is tight to push insert (needs lubrication).

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

Legs are spread...

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

Zebo wrote:Right now, production time on all dolls is at 27weeks to delivery. They are working to bring that down to 20weeks, but I don't see that happening for awhile. However, for those of us with little patience and a lot of coin can get the express service (6-8 weeks) on the doll for an additional $1500. So you have a choice, Barbydoll :D
Thanks for being honest, I know the dolls are a piece of art and I don't want worse quality for quicker delivery.
Express as German customer would mean I would have to spend about $11,000 for my first doll from Abyss and I have never seen one in real life. :?

Thanks apn12, too. This is really first class service here. She has a nice smile. :lol: Which skin color does your doll have?

@pygmalion2
Do you glue in the insert to prevent the doll itself from tearing in the insert area?

I know there are dolls of other manufacturers which suffer from production failure in this area.
For example I spent more than my doll cost for equipment to 3D design any insert I can imagine with 3D CAD, print it with my 3D printer and cast it in metal an produce my own inserts then for $5 material cost. But TPE and TPR may not be used with silicone.
Would it help to use the doll like an inbuilt even if it has an insert?

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

Barbydoll wrote: Which skin color does your doll have?

Skin tone is tanned. I can recommend.

gator048

Post by gator048 »

So I'm ready to pull the trigger.. I'm doing it asa akira body with the Tanya head. The only problem is I can't get an email or phone call back from anyone at the realdoll office..

INFORMATIONS