Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

I would buy a RealDoll if:

Poll ended at Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:44 pm

The price was under $3500
11%
The price was under $3000
7%
The price was under $2500
23%
They offer the completed robotic doll
5%
They improved customer service
1%
They made more varied faces
10%
They made a TPE doll
6%
They made a softer silicone doll
4%
They made more petite body styles
12%
They made more voluptuous body styles
8%
They made a standing doll body
13%

Total votes: 276

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Post by Abyss »

Please indicate what we could do to earn you as a customer! Pick 2 items that would sway you our way.
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Poll from Realdoll: What would make you a customer?

Post by Broven »

I really wanted to pick three options.. Cheaper, more varied faces and petite body styles. Honestly, though, it's primarily the cost that put real dolls out of consideration for me.

I will say though, that I am excited about the robotic doll heads and I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes. I currently subscribe to the Harmony AI app. It needs some updating to be sure, but it's kinda fun.

Best wishes,
Broven

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

For me personally:

#1 - The faces. The Sai face was much closer to what I would be looking for but not quite there yet. This is the showstopper for me as nothing else matters if I don't love the face.

#2 - The prices. I'll pick the $3500 or under option.

Bonus #3 - The weight which isn't really on the poll from I can see. RD's are usually on the heavier end of the spectrum ;)

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Too late.

As I think about my two Boy Toy's I've come to the conclusion that I'm a very satisfied customer. My BT3 did not have the Duracast hands because that wasn't an option at the time. That is her only real weakness. Now my BT5 has Duracast and I applaud the improvement.

Unfortunately for ABYSS I have the two dolls that I desire and really don't need another.

Azure (BT3), Celestia (BT5), & 0osik (useless organic)
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

I chose Petite and more faces.

I was hoping the option for more athletic body's would have been there, but then I would need three options to select.

For me, the more realistic the better.

Abyss dose fantastic work, just ask my girls!!
lol

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

neesa333
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by neesa333 »

How about financing?
"Doe's Barbie come with Ken?"
"No sweetheart, she comes with GI Joe, She only fakes it with Ken"

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Realism is way more important than price.

rdisthebest

Post by rdisthebest »

My vote is bigger butt and bigger butt (more voluptuous body styles). The body D is nice, but I want more...stripper level booty. Also, I would be very happy to pay more for toes with "bones" like the fingers.

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

I love Realdolls but the price seems a bit out of my reach. When I do purchase a doll one day it might have to be a cheaper alternative because they are more affordable for me. I've always wanted a Realdoll but responsibilities in life come up and it keeps my funds at a certain level. I do hope to own one some day though.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

WASTENTIME
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by WASTENTIME »

I really think weight should be on that list because that would be my pick with my back. And I'm not sure if it's me or my tablet, but after just spending sometime on your website - it hard to navigate and photos don't show very well.
A doll lift hoist that I built https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&t=126073

Why can't they make a way to hang dolls with their heads on so they are easier to store and maintain? Why can't they make fingers with joints like a toy snake? Why can't they make a 5 foot doll under 40 pounds using hollow body parts and less TPE? Why can't they make a doll stand without bolts sticking out using a bigger foot?

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Since 2006 I've had 3 Boy Toys and 2 RealDolls. I would buy a new RD if the exchange rate for USD was a bit lower and the wait was shorter. I don't have the patience to wait for 6 months like some customers have.

$3500 and lower is a reasonable price.
She told me to come but I was already there

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

I'm already a customer.

So, looking at it from the perspective of what do I think would attract more new customers for Abyss, I think you should make a low priced TPE doll, and continue to sell premium Silicone dolls.

So I selected under 2500 doll and TPE doll.
My Doll Album is here!

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

i chose more petite body and more faces.i dont really care about the price point. yeah sure id love a top end doll at a bargain price by thats not going to happen. my problem with the price is that you dont offer any kind of "sample doll". if you had a small version as a way of sampling your product like pretty much every other manufacturer i would start there and have much higher probability of upgrading to a full sized doll.

read through the threads on tdf. how many say they have a small doll but now want something larger. you guys are kinda the luxury sports car of the doll world. no one buys top of the line cars for their first,they buy something cheaper. and once they try a few cheaper models and find a manufacturer that they are happy with they tend to stick with them. which, as you have no entry point dolls is unfortunately not you.

this is where i believe you have missed a marketing opportunity and a huge amount of publicity. if you don't want to touch your product lines that you currently have or change your current business model than i would suggest tapping into a market that is currently underrepresented. A fantasy doll line. yes there are elf heads starting out and the first vampire but you guys could do so much more. bring out some small dolls that are fairies, imps and every other sort of mythological creature that you could turn into doll. show case what you guys can do and get one of these dolls into as many houses as possible. people love collecting things so start a real doll fantasy line that encourages people to make future purchases, and, hopefully leads them into your main line of premium dolls.

well. that's just my opinion as a new doll owner but one who wanted one of your dolls 10 years ago but wouldn't take the huge financial plunge and without getting my hands on one still wouldn't buy one now for the same reason. this feed back that i give honestly with the hopes that you guys take it on board as i believe most of us western doll owners wouldn't have one today if it wasn't for the pioneering that Abyss has done for the doll community

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Why aren't you a vendor for other manufacturers?
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

I understand that you get what you pay for, however being on a limited budget i might be interested in buying an entry level RD if it was made available at an affordable price.

INFORMATIONS