Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Moving Doll in a Wheelchair is not Easy

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Moving Doll in a Wheelchair is not Easy

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

I bought a wheel chair for the doll, and it's still too heavy getting her in and out of the chair.
I even have a patient lift.
If she were a real woman, I'd be charged with elder abuse.
That is why me and my sister put her in a nursing home.

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Moving Doll in a Wheelchair is not Easy

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

I don't have anything as heavy as a realdoll but I can't imagine using a wheelchair personally. The fact that a wheelchair has arms on the sides would defeat the ease of use IMO.

To move my doll around I usually use an old beat up office chair that doesn't have any arms. Lets you plop them down into the chair or heave em out without needing to avoid chair arms, etc.

Also helps if the pneumatic still works, getting the seat of the chair level with say, the bed you are putting her on/off helps a ton.

Dolly Dearest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dolly Dearest »

LovesBlackWomen wrote:I bought a wheel chair for the doll, and it's still too heavy getting her in and out of the chair.
I even have a patient lift.
If she were a real woman, I'd be charged with elder abuse.
That is why me and my sister put her in a nursing home.
You put your doll in a nursing home? 8O
My blog:
https://dollydearest9.wixsite.com/blog
My doll videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7nBz ... 3Cw/videos
https://xhamster.com/users/dollydearest/videos
My dolls:
Vanessa, WM140 D-cups with heads WM #36, WM #46 & WM #233, tan skin (TPE)
Alice, WM100 D-cups with anime & lovely head, natural skin (TPE)
Isabell, Z-onedoll 160 with head A32, pink skin (Silicone)
Booberella, YourDoll 150 O-cups with heads WM #47 & YL #188, light tan skin (TPE)

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

A wheel chair has it's pros and cons. Years ago I would put my arms around her and take her where she wanted! :whistle: The good old days! :wink:

clnid
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by clnid »

I keep saying to mfrs, make these things lighter. Hollow out the torso area, that would help. Hint: use something like a plastic barrel inside the torso. Or, make them move on there own.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

re "You put your doll in a nursing home?" by Dolly Dearest.

No, We put our mother in a nursing home. She's 90 years old with Alzheimer's.

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

Too bad the doll stands don't have casters on them to move them around in the standing position.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

Brick

Post by Brick »

I have been in this hobby 9yrs and this is a constant problem. I used to have a body D enhanced and it was #110, that's freaking heavy. I ended up selling it after I developed a back condition. I have been using wheel chair get my dolls around the house, I built up seat so that the doll sits very high and is much easier to get out of chair. Try this and I think you will find it better..
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

There are some tricks you can use to get your doll in and out of a wheelchair. Brigitte is very heavy, almost 50 Kilos which makes her one of the heaviest you can have. When you put her in the wheelchair use onne of your legs for extra protection from underneath and it takes some strain off your back. Put one arm under her knees and the other around her upper back under her arm. It works for me, day by day. Brigitte sleeps in my bed every night so I get her out of bed and into her wheelchair every morning and back into bed every evening. And I´m no Gronkowski. :haha4:

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Rari
Doll
Doll

Post by Rari »

Zebo wrote:I have been in this hobby 9yrs and this is a constant problem. I used to have a body D enhanced and it was #110, that's freaking heavy. I ended up selling it after I developed a back condition. I have been using wheel chair get my dolls around the house, I built up seat so that the doll sits very high and is much easier to get out of chair. Try this and I think you will find it better..
Hollywu has this issue with me too and I weigh about 70 lbs. Zebo, I like this suggestion to build up the seat. She already got a cushion for the wheelchair that is about an inch thick to pad it more for my bottom but I will suggest she try this. The other thing that she does is wear a weight belt when she lifts me and also, knee braces. We have been considering trying to have some sort of simple pulley installed over the bed to help making my getting in and out of the wheel chair easier but we need to find someone who knows what they are doing to help us do this. Right now she can't lift any of us due to a hurt tricep tendon which I know is bugging her but I keep telling her she's lucky nothing was torn. This injury wasn't even due to me but it reminds me that we have to think of alternatives to heavy lifting cause she will risk injury.

We saw this really cool invention of an exoskeleton for humans to wear to enable them to lift more but I think it's in development and likely if it was for sale it would be out of our price range. Great idea though as it could be quite handy.

Hope you can come up with some ideas to help in this area as a lot of us face this same challenge.

Hugs,

Rari
"Understand me. I'm not like an ordinary world. I have my madness, I live in another dimension and I do not have time for things that have no soul." - Charles Bukowski

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

I use a patient lift to move her and the other dolls in and out of the chairs or bed. It still is not easy. It is similar to a pulley system. It is very big though. It takes up more space than the crate. So you can imagine my house is crowded.

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

Rari wrote:We saw this really cool invention of an exoskeleton for humans to wear to enable them to lift more but I think it's in development and likely if it was for sale it would be out of our price range. Great idea though as it could be quite handy.
Interesting concept Rari, and I only recently became aware it over at the Android Love dolls site. They mentioned that it was still in development, but their design is to add the ability to walk for a doll with AI, for those that already have an existing doll, or for whatever reason, won’t be able to purchase the upcoming fully mechanical version. I would imagine that a similar design to add mobility to the arms would soon follow.

I think that it’s worthy of mentioning to the development team over at Real Robotix for their consideration.

INFORMATIONS