Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Start me off right.

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Start me off right.

Post by Inky_Mystery »

Greetings, not sure the proper spot to post this so feel free to move it where necessary. I've been watching realldoll for years now, and am finally in a position to order one. I've been lurking on here for a while now reading up on different things but wanted to see if there was a better site or area to find the information im looking for.
So few of my concerns before I order.
I've read about weight of the dolls and I know a lot of people have opted for the "petite" models, however I head that those are scaled down and not as realistic as the standard full size models. Is that true?

I've also heard that there are versions that don't have gel inserts? When I look to order it doesn't mention which do or don't include that and doesn't appear to have an area too add it either, so does gel inserts add to the realism of it or it is just more cushion for the pushing? I've also heard the gel breaks down faster than those without and storage is an issue when gel inserts plays into the where and how it's stored.

I also can't see a place where I can look at all the body types rather than a line drawing they offer on the site. It's hard to see options with just numbers and a drawing.

Also the wigs, they offer premium and I suppose regular options the "premium" is charged by a premium but what else is a perk from "premium" to "standard" other than price?

When u place an order and it says "same as photo" but the dolls photos have multiple versions regarding look and hair, which version are you getting? As an example Sky has 3 different versions...but if u select buy as seen in photo she has 3 different versions and looks.

Inserts...so I understand the removable is better for cleaning but other than that any other pros and cons?

And how is it when people take photos of their dolls their eyes and mouth have expressions and like they move? I don't see where u can add a tongue or teeth or closing eyes. How do you guys do that? I know the robot versions obviously have that but the dolls I see in photos are standard dolls yet they appear to be smiling or winking and stuff.

Stands...I assume they aren't free standing and require assistance yet so many have them in pics doing all sorts of regular daily activities like standing or free sitting or whatever, do you all need a stand for them? Is that how u store them too? Like can I just prop it up in cornor of room and that be ok?

Makeup...ive read some people do their dolls make up? Isn't that included when u buy the doll? How do you do makeup??

Cleaning and maintenance.... what do u use? I assume u don't shower it... I wash cloth and soap and water? What cleaners should I use and not use?
I've read some people "powder" their dolls skin...do u have to powder them??? What powder, baby powder???

Realldoll v 1 vs 2 vs 3.... what's the difference? I've rear version 1 dolls aren't as realistic as version 2... but can't see anything about v3.

And lastly, for now... body c....if I want to pay extra to up to a b cup from its a cup does that risk tearing or anything by making it bigger than it was designed? Would a b cup look silly on body c? I wish there was a way to see all the options on the website like when u go to a car website u can see all the additions in real time. Also curious ..which body has the thickest thighs? There are no thigh measurements on those line drawings.

Any other words of advise for me? It's a huge investment and I wanna do it right.
Thanks for helping I appreciate it.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Start me off right.

Post by seagull »

Realism is always in the eye of the beholder, if you like what you see, go for it
Humans come in a wide variety of appearances and I wouldn't fancy a man's chances of calling a woman unrealistic just because she didn't look the way a woman is supposed to
For that matter, we males range from big, fat n ugly (me) to buff, young n good looking (not me) :glou:

Raspberry1967
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Raspberry1967 »

Wow! You’ve got a lot of concerns and questions there.
You are in the right place to have all of that answered. The senior members on here have so much experience they’ll be able to help you.
I suggest you take your time.
List your concerns and go through them one at a time.
Search the forum to see if there are individual threads on each subject.
But, I say it again, take your time.
Get your questions answered and do a more informed search for the doll you want.

Best of luck.
R
Frances loves her massive boobs squeezed into huge bras..

Huge Boobs in Huge Bras
https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159179

The Basque
https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=15

Sheer - Lingerie and Clothes
viewtopic.php?t=175622

C’mon..pop out a boob/boobs
viewtopic.php?t=177525

Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Inky_Mystery »

Thank u both of you. It's definitely been a journey and I'm definitely in the market for one. So the time is right just need to get some of my questions answered before I can start the "creation" process and commit.

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

Inky_Mystery wrote: Thank u both of you. It's definitely been a journey and I'm definitely in the market for one. So the time is right just need to get some of my questions answered before I can start the "creation" process and commit.
Welcome To TDF! :D :thumbs_up:

★ Member Introductions:
viewforum.php?f=231

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

Brick

Post by Brick »

Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:36 pm Thank u both of you. It's definitely been a journey and I'm definitely in the market for one. So the time is right just need to get some of my questions answered before I can start the "creation" process and commit.
Hello, please try my O/F page. There is decades of information and I will answer your questions there...

https://onlyfans.com/u81057521
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Inky_Mystery »

I appreciate it
Last edited by The Doll Man on Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I shortened the NewMember's comment..

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

Inky_Mystery wrote: I appreciate it
:glou:
🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: I'm standing at the crossroads, believe I'm sinking down

Post by young guy »

You've got a lot of questions; that's good. The Abyss web site doesn't make it easy to find the info you're looking for unless you go through it a number of times and get familiar with where the different pieces of info are. There are two different places where they show the line drawings and dimensions; only one of them shows if there are gel options and where they are. Mostly, only gel in the butt, with the body F and petite 4 having gel in breasts and butt; not aware of any others.

I can only speak to your question about the body C with breast enhancement; I think it looks awesome, but then I'm not really impartial on that count. Here is Constance as an example of that:
Constance IMG_20220514_222415261a.jpg
Constance IMG_20220514_222415261a.jpg (926.37 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
Constance IMG_20220514_222359069a.jpg
Constance IMG_20220514_222359069a.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1169 times
Constance 20220320_231745929aa.jpg
Constance 20220320_231745929aa.jpg (677.19 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
Hope it helps you make a decision. Seagull said it best; if you like what you see, go for it.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Inky_Mystery »

Ya its hard to just go by "if u like what you see" approach... I like too much of what I see. And there is a lot of hunting for information that makes the process a bit tedious and difficult. I like B cup best and I know there are just a few handfuls available...no pun intended. Haha. But then for the "A" cups I could pay for bigger. It's hard to tell a difference really. Guess it's more of a hands on sort of thing. But I appreciate the picture. Do u notice that they firmer? Cause the increase? I read in forum they feel "firmer" rather than squishy.

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Some kind of doll stand is VERY useful with a RealDoll because they can't stand on their feet unaided.
Abyss do have a tripod stand available to buy for this.

An alternative and cheaper option is to use a cheap gym weight rack. :thumbs_up:
Some minor modifications are required but these are well within normal everday simple DIY skills (i.e. drilling some holes!)
Here is what I did for my Dani:

viewtopic.php?t=122677

Feel free to ask me any questions or send me a PM if you need any more info. :D

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Hi,

The RD website specs on what has gel is wrong
Many dolls actually have gel in the butt and boobs now standard the sites hasn’t been updated in years.

Best person to contact is Sam the sales person at RD
He’s super knowledgeable and can get you where you need to go on specs and custom work you want done.
They are the factory of dreams
You just need to ask

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

For pictures there is doll gallery

Let’s say you want a Body D
My favorite
You can find every doll with a particular body style tagged.
Most of the people that post pictures have all the specs they ordered on their home galleries

https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumb ... rch=Body-D

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm Greetings, not sure the proper spot to post this so feel free to move it where necessary. I've been watching realldoll for years now, and am finally in a position to order one. I've been lurking on here for a while now reading up on different things but wanted to see if there was a better site or area to find the information im looking for.
Welcome, and I hope I'm able to help you.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm I've read about weight of the dolls and I know a lot of people have opted for the "petite" models, however I head that those are scaled down and not as realistic as the standard full size models. Is that true?
I wouldn't say the petite dolls are scaled down versions of other dolls. They are completely separate bodies. And I also wouldn't say they are any less realistic than the other dolls. Women come in all shapes and sizes.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm I've also heard that there are versions that don't have gel inserts? When I look to order it doesn't mention which do or don't include that and doesn't appear to have an area too add it either, so does gel inserts add to the realism of it or it is just more cushion for the pushing? I've also heard the gel breaks down faster than those without and storage is an issue when gel inserts plays into the where and how it's stored.
All dolls except Body C have breast gel, and all bodies except Body B have butt gel. Gel definitely adds to the realism in my opinion by adding extra softness. Women have more fat in the breast and butt areas, so naturally those areas are going to be softer than other parts of the body. I haven't heard anything about the gel breaking down, so I can't comment on that. And you are right in terms of gel causing issues with storage. If you leave the doll laying down on either its back or stomach for long periods of time, the gel can deform and the butt or breasts can flatten. Ideally, you should hang the doll, but some people like me, for example, cannot do that. In that case, laying the doll on her side works fine.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm I also can't see a place where I can look at all the body types rather than a line drawing they offer on the site. It's hard to see options with just numbers and a drawing.
Unfortunately, RealDoll has a terrible website and is I had difficulty getting information about their dolls. They have a page showing a comparison of different body types but it is just diagrams, not photos. They normally do not take any pictures for you if you ask during production. I'll be getting my replacement AA body soon, so I'll send you pictures/videos of that if you want.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm Also the wigs, they offer premium and I suppose regular options the "premium" is charged by a premium but what else is a perk from "premium" to "standard" other than price?
The premium wigs are wigs that come with a specific preconfigured version of a doll. RealDoll accidentally sent me a premium wig for the Harmony head when I got my doll. In terms of quality, the premium wig I got seems to be similar to a wig you can find on Amazon. It's not terrible, but it didn't blow me away in terms of quality.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm When u place an order and it says "same as photo" but the dolls photos have multiple versions regarding look and hair, which version are you getting? As an example Sky has 3 different versions...but if u select buy as seen in photo she has 3 different versions and looks.
Same as photo will apply to the specific preconfigured doll you are looking at.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm Inserts...so I understand the removable is better for cleaning but other than that any other pros and cons?
I've got a RD with an insert. Admittedly, I didn't have a choice because I had to get the SenseX insert, but I am still quite happy with it. They don't look terrible, and the doll still looks really good when the insert is not inserted. Of course, both with the insert inserted and without it inserted, it won't look super realistic if you spread the legs wide. But no doll is going to look realistic like that. All in all, the pros heavily outweigh the cons. Cleaning is super simple with the insert. It's literally like cleaning a Fleshlight and takes maybe 5 minutes at most. If you get a doll with a permanent vagina, it's just going to the a doll with an insert that has the vagina glued in. And that means you might need to move the doll to clean it.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm And how is it when people take photos of their dolls their eyes and mouth have expressions and like they move? I don't see where u can add a tongue or teeth or closing eyes. How do you guys do that? I know the robot versions obviously have that but the dolls I see in photos are standard dolls yet they appear to be smiling or winking and stuff.
What you are seeing is a photo editing app called FaceApp. You can use it to add smiles, makeup, and other things. I personally don't use that app since I have the robot head. But 2 models have closing eyes still.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm Stands...I assume they aren't free standing and require assistance yet so many have them in pics doing all sorts of regular daily activities like standing or free sitting or whatever, do you all need a stand for them? Is that how u store them too? Like can I just prop it up in cornor of room and that be ok?
RealDolls are not free standing. Unlike other dolls here, they have more of a loose skeleton, and cannot be stood up by themselves. To get the doll to stand, you need either a stand (RealDoll sells them) or some kind of hook coming from the ceiling. The best storage method is hanging using the shipping crate. Absolutely do not prop the doll up in the corner of the room. They cannot stand by themselves, and that much weight on their feet over a prolonged time period will damage the silicone.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm Makeup...ive read some people do their dolls make up? Isn't that included when u buy the doll? How do you do makeup??
Some people do indeed do their doll's makeup. And yes, you do pick the makeup when you order the doll. I personally went with a natural look with freckles. I am not sure how to do the makeup yourself, but I'm sure other people here can help you with what to do and tell you what products are safe for the doll's skin.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm Cleaning and maintenance.... what do u use? I assume u don't shower it... I wash cloth and soap and water? What cleaners should I use and not use?
I've read some people "powder" their dolls skin...do u have to powder them??? What powder, baby powder???
You can shower your doll. You just need to be careful that water doesn't get into the neck or the eyebolt hole in the upper back. The RealDoll care guide recommends that when washing your doll, you should only use water and mild soap. You don't have to powder the skin, but this can prevent the skin from becoming tacky over time. The RealDoll care guide recommends using either baby powder or cornstarch.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm Realldoll v 1 vs 2 vs 3.... what's the difference? I've rear version 1 dolls aren't as realistic as version 2... but can't see anything about v3.
RealDoll 1 was discontinued some time ago, RealDoll 2 was rebranded to just be called RealdDoll, and RealDoll 3 doesn't exist. RealDoll, Petite RealDoll, and Wicked RealDoll all have the same default features. RealDoll Classic is, despite the name, not an old version. It's just a Body B with either a Laila or Jenny face, and it has less features than the regular RealDolls.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm And lastly, for now... body c....if I want to pay extra to up to a b cup from its a cup does that risk tearing or anything by making it bigger than it was designed? Would a b cup look silly on body c? I wish there was a way to see all the options on the website like when u go to a car website u can see all the additions in real time. Also curious ..which body has the thickest thighs? There are no thigh measurements on those line drawings.
You shouldn't experience any tearing going up to a B cup from an A cup. But I would recommend asking Sam (sales@realdoll.com) to be sure. A B cup won't look silly on a Body C. I don't know which body has the thickest thighs. My guess would be Body E, but again, I recommend asking Sam.
Inky_Mystery wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm Any other words of advise for me? It's a huge investment and I wanna do it right.
Thanks for helping I appreciate it.
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to help as much as I can. I was in your position before, so I know exactly how you feel.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

Phil_02
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Phil_02 »

young guy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:41 pm You've got a lot of questions; that's good. The Abyss web site doesn't make it easy to find the info you're looking for unless you go through it a number of times and get familiar with where the different pieces of info are. There are two different places where they show the line drawings and dimensions; only one of them shows if there are gel options and where they are. Mostly, only gel in the butt, with the body F and petite 4 having gel in breasts and butt; not aware of any others.

I can only speak to your question about the body C with breast enhancement; I think it looks awesome, but then I'm not really impartial on that count. Here is Constance as an example of that:

Constance IMG_20220514_222415261a.jpg

Constance IMG_20220514_222359069a.jpg

Constance 20220320_231745929aa.jpg

Hope it helps you make a decision. Seagull said it best; if you like what you see, go for it.
Excellent choice of Nipples on the Body C. As a big fan of the Kaori Face, I wish I would have made that nipple choice. Do you remember, offhand, what style nipples you chose, please? Wow are those a realistic looking choice. Amazing looking!

INFORMATIONS