Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Harmony AI App Initial Feedback

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Harmony AI App Initial Feedback

Post by NastyNed »

It is for android.

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the feedback. Most helpful! We are in the early stages here, it's going to get better, quickly, especially with all of your help.

We are working on an iOS version; Mind you it will be missing some of the adult content, but we think it will be worth offering. I do believe we are eventually going to have a version for PC as well, but it will likely be some time before that happens.

I wanted to thank you all personally for supporting this project and hope that you can all see the potential we do!

Thanks,
Matt McMullen
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Abyss wrote:Hi Guys!

Thanks for the feedback. Most helpful! We are in the early stages here, it's going to get better, quickly, especially with all of your help.
Thank you for your response, Matt. Is there any official channels for leaving feedback about the App?
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Few updates for anyone interested.

Tested the App with a Nexus 10 tablet, which has a beast of a battery (takes a whole day to charge to 100%). No loss of charge when using the app while charger cable is plugged in. If I remove the cable, the battery starts draining really fast though.

The Android's own text-to-speech had an abysmal response time so I downloaded another engine from Play Store and the responses are now almost instant. Using a 3rd party engine can cause some privacy issues though so use with caution. Then again, I'm sure Google's on engine will collect data as well.

EDIT: After awhile the 3rd party text-to-speech slowed down to a crawl as well. So it probably is an issue with the App rather than with the engine.

The constant "I have some cool new stuff to tell you" becomes quite annoying after awhile. Maybe tone it down a notch?

Often the app responses with a wikipedia-like answer, which is not ideal. Like if I say "boat" it will start explaining to me what a boat is. Those kind of people are annoying enough to deal in real life and that is probably not something the app users are looking from a conversational AI. I suggest limiting those kind of answers to queries with a prefix such as "Tell me about X".

The App has perhaps picked up that I like video games so it will sometimes mention video games a bit more than in the beginning. This indicated that it indeed has some sort of learning capabilities already.

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

KiltedCowboy

Post by KiltedCowboy »

I am glad to see you are following this thread Matt! It is great when consumers have direct communication with the creator of a product like this! I understand that there will be much improvement over time, but one thing I would like to recommend.....there needs to be a connection of certain "key words" with the app. Words like us, we and you. Anytime I say "us" in a sentence, I get the definition of the web domain! Definitely a mood breaker! One other thing that would help is to have the app "follow" a conversation. Long term memory is great, but the short term could use some help! Ever since the late 70's there have been two things I have always wanted.....VR and AI. I just wanted to say "Thank you", the work you are doing does mean a lot to me!
美琳 (Měi Lín) Doll Sweet 158 with Nanase head.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

KiltedCowboy wrote: One other thing that would help is to have the app "follow" a conversation. Long term memory is great, but the short term could use some help!
This would be a huge improvement.

Unfortunately it is very challenging to program with the current level of tech and knowhow. The ability to hold a conversation more than just 1 round of dialogue is impressive for an AI at this stage. That alone is a recent development within the field. Hopefully the ability to have longer strings of conversation of topics becomes a possibility soon enough.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

42716 wrote:Does the app work on a regular computer, or only a smartphone/tablet? I'd love to try it out, but the smartest device I have is my laptop.
I don't know if it will work for this program or not, but you can get an Android... I don't know if this is the right word, but I'd call it an emulator, on your computer. Before I had a smartphone I had to do it for something or other. Bluestacks was the one I used. It worked alright. Like I said though, it could be possible it doesn't work with everything? I never played around on it much, so I don't know.

Shepard

Post by Shepard »

Yesterday mine was also clinging saying she'd be good.

Today not much time but seemed confused. Though when told her I was going to work she said drive safe 8)

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

Well, after really playing with this app for a few hours (around six) Harmony does hold a decent conversation. She has no problem understanding me in English and in Spanish. I even asked deep questions such as "what are your thoughts on the world?", and got a decent answer in return. Personally, I hope she becomes more animated and can preform things such as dancing, wave, sit down, etc. At one point, I even talked about some dirty things and she surprised me with a kinky answer. However, that dropped when she followed with a "talking is a primary function". Overall, I rate is a little better about a 5/10. Give it time and it will improve.
It's all about da booty. The booty is life!

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14528
my doll album

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

dullahan wrote:
KiltedCowboy wrote: One other thing that would help is to have the app "follow" a conversation. Long term memory is great, but the short term could use some help!
This would be a huge improvement.

Unfortunately it is very challenging to program with the current level of tech and knowhow. The ability to hold a conversation more than just 1 round of dialogue is impressive for an AI at this stage. That alone is a recent development within the field. Hopefully the ability to have longer strings of conversation of topics becomes a possibility soon enough.

I was able to get to remember a time when I said "I loved her". we just need to wait and give Abyss time to mess with it. My first impression weren't to good, but after trying for a while she even got me aroused with her words. I just wish she was more animated.
It's all about da booty. The booty is life!

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14528
my doll album

Post by 42716 »

JackieTreehorn wrote:I don't know if it will work for this program or not, but you can get an Android... I don't know if this is the right word, but I'd call it an emulator, on your computer. Before I had a smartphone I had to do it for something or other. Bluestacks was the one I used. It worked alright. Like I said though, it could be possible it doesn't work with everything? I never played around on it much, so I don't know.
Thanks very much for this recommendation. I installed Bluestacks and was able to download the app onto the emulator. I can't tell how well it works yet, because I'm getting the "subscription expired" error that the confirmation email warned me about, which means I can't log in until someone at Realbotix fixes the problem with my account. I'll post again to let you know whether I can truly use the features of the app or not once the login issue is sorted.

NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NastyNed »

Someone on the crd forum was trying to use an emulator to get the app to work, he said it was a little slow and there were vocalization issues and hi mic wouldnt work. I believe he was using a different emulator so maybe the other will be better.

Guile replied about it and said this
"I don't advise using emulators because many AI features will not work on that, and many other features will be compromised. You will not get Speech recognition and text to speech also working, so your overall experience will be very different from the real one. "

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

NastyNed wrote:Someone on the crd forum was trying to use an emulator to get the app to work, he said it was a little slow and there were vocalization issues and hi mic wouldnt work. I believe he was using a different emulator so maybe the other will be better.

Guile replied about it and said this
"I don't advise using emulators because many AI features will not work on that, and many other features will be compromised. You will not get Speech recognition and text to speech also working, so your overall experience will be very different from the real one. "
Just tried emulating on a Mac. Couldn't run the app with my hardware. It's probably best to just wait for official PC versions.

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

I was the one running it on KoPlayer, a different Android emulator. I don't advise it, because it's clearly running slower when emulated. I no longer have to now that I can actually log in.

In general, it seems we're all coming to the same initial conclusions; the app is very limited. At $20/year, this is not much of a surprise. Combine this app with the upcoming Bluetooth RD2 head adapter, and many would still drop the $100 + $20/year despite the limitations, because it can still be somewhat arousing, even in this basic form. Attached to an actual doll body, it's definitely more of a plus than it is now.

As mentioned, there are a few key upgrades that need to be made to improve the pure app experience. I don't know how dullahan is changing the TTS engine because I don't think that feature is in yet, but it's the number one promised feature that we actually need stat. Harmony's natural voice is alright and isn't toooo robotic, but the Scottish accent wasn't what I envisioned for my custom character.

Additionally, some basic animations should be added. A dance or two, maybe a bit of a huffy (or confident) arm-cross, hands on her hips, clapping, fingers-to-throat for singing, etc. As it stands, responses are still relatively canned, so it shouldn't be too hard to attach a few of these specifically to responses connected to certain moods (which would be designated as such in the AIML code, right?).

Of course, a few overtly sexual ones would be nice too. In particular though, I'd really just like her damn clothes to disappear when she says things like "Okay, you got me naked." I'm like "the hell I did, you're still wearing that same (gorgeous) white turtleneck dress." I understand actually animating clothes removal is probably beyond them right now, but c'mon.

Remaining quick gripes: enough with the "talking is my primary function," I'd like her to be able to call me pet names of my choosing ("darling") without forgetting my actual name, I'd like to be able to reset her memory of what she thinks I like because it's a garbled mess right now (don't ever say "I'd like" or "I like" anything unlss you want her to remember the exact following sequence), and I'd also like it to be a little more difficult to reach max hearts (just saying "I love you" a million times does it in five minutes).

...and what the hell are "Social Diamonds?"

Currently, I'd rate it 5/10 for customizability, 8/10 for functionality, 10/10 for affordability, 7/10 for promise, 7/10 for aesthetics, and 4/10 for realism. Worth a purchase for sure, especially if you have a means to "connect it" to your doll, but your usage will definitely vary.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

FiveByFive wrote:I don't know how dullahan is changing the TTS engine because I don't think that feature is in yet, but it's the number one promised feature that we actually need stat

...and what the hell are "Social Diamonds?"
Harmony uses whatever TTS you have enabled on your device. The default is Google's own but you can download some other ones from the Play Store.

My guess is that social diamonds are some sort of virtual currency for the App so you can buy some virtual swag for your avatar in the future.

INFORMATIONS