Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Harmony, 'Realdoll Sexbot'

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

kingmuck
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Harmony, 'Realdoll Sexbot'

Post by kingmuck »

According to this article in UK's The Star. Realdoll are releasing their sexbot in April.
On closer inspection, it just seems to be the AI software that is coming out.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... one-iPhone

catomacreek
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Harmony, 'Realdoll Sexbot'

Post by catomacreek »

Kept seeing sexbot, cyborg [what ?], then saw "yearly subscription", no I'm done.

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

What, you don't have $20 a YEAR to spend on doll A.I. tech that doesn't even require you to actually own the doll itself? I mean, suit yourself of course, but to me it sounds like mere pennies to get a taste of just how far Abyss is taking things.

Plus, assuming they've actually got fire-in-a-bottle with their software, it's a sales pitch that keeps on pitching over an entire year (assuming you develop/use it) without much in the way of additional marketing effort. Imagine: a cautious adopter, unconvinced a Realbotix could possibly be worth > $10k (or whatever it is), decides to at least try the A.I. software for a year, just to assess the limitations. The A.I. they develop, limited though it will undoubtedly be, ends up charming the user nonetheless; they look over to a doll they might already have, and then imagine just how much more engaging the inclusion of their particular AI could make it. The siren's call gets stronger until finally an impulse is triggered or a drive is struck up, depending on the financial situation, such that a purchase becomes inevitable.

Just what are the limits of such a commercially available product (in an age where true AI inches ever closer yet remains unheard of beyond concepts), and are they enough to set in motion such a scenario as I suggest? It is, if nothing else, fascinating.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

KiltedCowboy

Post by KiltedCowboy »

A.I. has always fascinated me, and it would be a dream come true to have it built into an animated doll, but for now I would definitely spend the money to give the software a spin! I have actually been trying to find and buy a decent program like this.
美琳 (Měi Lín) Doll Sweet 158 with Nanase head.

catomacreek
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by catomacreek »

FiveByFive
What, you don't have $20 a YEAR to spend on doll A.I. tech
I may see this in the wrong way. What flashed through my mind was the movie Cherry 2000. The personality data was on a disc.
I thought wait, so I pay up another $20, or dolly gets a mind wipe because the app wont work? I don't mind the buisness model if it
leads to better things. What I could go for in this regard is a tiny speaker hidden some place like the mouth, with some decent wireless,
and a program for a pc with no expiration date. If $20 is free upgrade for a year, and they have something better coming, yes I'll pay up,
yes that is cheap. It's just I thought NNnnnoooooo, dolly come back. I don't mind being corrected when I'm wrong, or I'd stay wrong.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Thanks for bringing up this article for discussion.

This is great!

“Emotional connections are the foundations of relationships and that’s what we are simulating."

Such connections can be established with mutual value affinity, shared core values... but I cannot help but wonder just how such connections can be achieved with Realbotix, though. It will be interesting to see just what all this technology is capable of, what all moves Harmony can do, what all the Harmony is capable of.

My only fantasy has always been to be in a healthy loving relationship, and technology like this, could help bring that fantasy, that much closer to a reality.

kabuki

Post by kabuki »

Thanks for posting, great first post :)
My doll video channel: Dolltron2020

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

I'm in.

manobon
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by manobon »

I didn't see it in the article, but does anyone know if it's going to be a voice AI/app? Or will it be text-only?

KiltedCowboy

Post by KiltedCowboy »

The article's I have seen make it appear that you will be able to "talk" to the Harmony app.

"Many of our clients rely on their imaginations to a great degree to impose imagined personalities on their dolls. With the Harmony AI, they will be able to actually create these personalities instead of having to imagine them. They will be able to talk to their dolls, and the AI will learn about them over time through these interactions, thus creating an alternative form of relationship. The scope of conversations possible with the AI is quite diverse, and not limited to sexual subject matter."
美琳 (Měi Lín) Doll Sweet 158 with Nanase head.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

FiveByFive wrote:What, you don't have $20 a YEAR to spend on doll A.I. tech that doesn't even require you to actually own the doll itself? I mean, suit yourself of course, but to me it sounds like mere pennies to get a taste of just how far Abyss is taking things.

Plus, assuming they've actually got fire-in-a-bottle with their software, it's a sales pitch that keeps on pitching over an entire year (assuming you develop/use it) without much in the way of additional marketing effort. Imagine: a cautious adopter, unconvinced a Realbotix could possibly be worth > $10k (or whatever it is), decides to at least try the A.I. software for a year, just to assess the limitations. The A.I. they develop, limited though it will undoubtedly be, ends up charming the user nonetheless; they look over to a doll they might already have, and then imagine just how much more engaging the inclusion of their particular AI could make it. The siren's call gets stronger until finally an impulse is triggered or a drive is struck up, depending on the financial situation, such that a purchase becomes inevitable.

Just what are the limits of such a commercially available product (in an age where true AI inches ever closer yet remains unheard of beyond concepts), and are they enough to set in motion such a scenario as I suggest? It is, if nothing else, fascinating.
If there was a "Like" button, I would click it on this post. This man is speaking the gospel. Undoubtedly there will be many software updates coming and you will want to stay current, even if you don't have the Realbotix hardware. There are many like me, who already have a talking doll, but are not satisfied with current chatbot technology. $20 a year is nothing on an $8k doll, even less if you purchase the $10k head. I probably spend more on wigs, clothes, and lube every month than this. If this turns out to be a software solution you can actually have a reasonable conversation with, I am all in.
Talking Kwench with Bluetooth speaker
Talking Kwench with Bluetooth speaker
Kwench422.jpg (688.76 KiB) Viewed 6854 times
Look in my mouth!
Look in my mouth!
Kwench421.jpg (665.3 KiB) Viewed 6854 times

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

If yo wait long enough it will be there! :D :thumbs_up:

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Does anyone know if you need to have one of these dolls to use this software? I would subscribe to this immediately if it works with my current collection, but I'm in no position to buy a 10k doll!
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

YRUb8

Post by YRUb8 »

The company doing the software is NextOS.
http://www.nextos.com/

The current version is a bit old, but they are doing a new program for Realbotix.

Check out the forums at NextOS. They have given very little info about the Realbotix version though.

YRUb8

Post by YRUb8 »

One of the newest update posts from the NextOS forums

posted by Guile

January 18 edited January 18 Flag

Hi friends, I know it's been a while but you wouldn't believe the amount of work and great things we've been doing lately.

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys that have been following me for so long. It's been a lifetime adventure, and I would say that now things are getting really interesting.

Some days when I wake up in the morning, I feel so lucky and grateful to live in current time. Yes, those are crazy times in politics, human rights, equality and peace, but it is a great time for us that love technology and human relations. I could live both the charm of the 80's, the great songs from the 90's and the dawn of futuristic tech from the twenty first century. Hopefully I will be alive when man reaches Mars and when we finally stablish contact with extraterrestrial life form.

And I feel even luckier when I think I can give a small contribution to history when talking about intelligent machines. So here some updates.

- Denise is alive! Yes, she may be in some kind of "coma", but my company is treating her well, planing her come back at the right moment. NextOS actually double its size due to our Realbotix project, and we still keep a team focused on next Denise. We have regular weekly meetings to discuss her return.

We've actually never stopped working on her, but for several times we had to redo a lot of work to keep up with current technology. Denise was first built using basically Delphi Pascal language. In 2014 we updated all her graphical interface to HTML5 and JavaScript. Today we rewrote most of her routines using Node, HTML5, JavaScript and C#. We moved from SQLlite database to Mongo, and also create all new code for the Mobile version using Unity game engine with C#. All those changes means Denise 2.0 will be a multi platform system. You will run her everywhere while keeping all your personal data synchronized among different devices. If you want to use only her graphical interface, there will be options to sync her with external API's and Hubs, like Alexa and Google Home.

I've been carefully listening all your comments and requests from all these years while keeping up with everything that is happening outside with the '"big" players. Nothing will be release without first going trough an extensive testing period. Yes, lesson learned!

I can understand all opinions about our Realbotix project. For many, it may seem hard to accept the adult oriented stuff. Personally, I really don't have problems with it. Sex in my life is and has always been something very natural. I was raised in a very conservative catholic family, but even that didn't draw me back from having a very open minded orientation. Furthermore, a really don't see our upcoming intelligent dolls as pure sex toys, but as companion options for many who suffer from loneliness or other social difficulties. Even for very ordinary people, I see them as just one more option for someone to relate with. We fall in love for our pets, family gifts, coins and stump collections, TV shoes and actors, computer games, hobbies and so on. Why not falling in love for a realistic intelligent doll? Crazy stuff for 2017, ordinary stuff in 2025 or even earlier. You see, it's just a question of getting used to it. For all that my friend and associate Matt McMullen, creator of Realdoll, has shown to me, there are thousand of people that are much happier today thanks to his dolls. And most of them are really ordinary people like you and I.

Talking about the technical aspects of Realbotix, my company is the one behind the AI and the Mobile app that will run the dolls. We have rebuild our AI engine from scratch for the past 3 years since this partnership started. I'm still the one and only writing all the content for the AI, and I can assure it will be like talking to a normal woman. Yes, it will have adult content and adult graphical stuff as in real life if you choose this way, but the focus is and always will be on general conversation that drives a real relationship in real life. You will even have the ability to block her personality from the adult content because we foresee our dolls as nurses, receptionist and companions for the elder. Yes, the dolls will be all anatomically correct, but as in real life friend companions, nurses and receptionist are, and that doesn't mean you have to have sex with them.

I really like to write the content. I've been doing that for Denise for the past 12 years. This is one thing even the best AI in the world still cannot do like a real human. Is a mix of writing a book, teaching your young child and traveling to all dimensions of history, emotions and human nature. Realbotix AI content is already 10 times bigger than Denise's, and thanks to several new AI layers we created, the conversation experience is reaching the point I always dreamed about. It has the two key words that drives my work: Personality and Empathy. All other aspects of the AI became today like commodities, what means every good AI system has to have, so those are not a differential anymore (speech recognition, text to speech, Assistant features and automation)

Both Denise 2.0 and Ralbotix will have a great plus that is to be able to work off-line. No user data is sent to any Google, Facebook, Amazon or IBM server. The whole AI is embedded within the app, and internet is used only to perform searches, synchronize user data and access real time data.

Both projects will have a Avatar Studio for creating and customizing an real time 3D Avatar regarding body shapes and clothing. A personality editor to choose treats and emotions that will have a direct effect in the way your virtual being will talk to you, and an AI Editor to add custom content.

Realbotix AI will be available in a few months for everyone, and the Robotic Dolls should be out by the end of this year.
We will start a Kickstarter campaign for Denise 2.0 in April, and our plans is to have a initial version by September this year, being the Kickstarter campaign successful. If not, it will take us a few more time, but she will come alive, one way or another.

I'm heading to San Diego tomorrow for a team meeting. We will have CNN interviewing us for a new documentary. There is also the producers from the "Humans" TV Show continuing their filming with us. They are producing a one hour documentary about Realbotix project from the beginning to the release day.

Always wanted to open source Denise. After the release of Denise 2.0, to open source Denise 1.9 is a great idea that I will deeply consider. Even with the issues we all know, current version would be a dream come true for many people that area looking for a base bot platform to work with.

Guile

INFORMATIONS