Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Harmony, 'Realdoll Sexbot'

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Harmony, 'Realdoll Sexbot'

Post by FiveByFive »

Definitely a humdinger of a find. I feel like some others have mentioned the name "NextOS" elsewhere (either here or at ClubRealDoll), but this is the first time I've been able to read so much into the history of the efforts behind/leading up the Realbotix release.

All this information raises a few key questions (for me, at least):

- If a user chooses to purchase a Realbotix head as a standalone item, how easy will it be to integrate with standard RD2 bodies? In particular, I'm wondering if the neck movement features mentioned by Matt during the CES 2016 interview will be impacted.

- The current price of NextOS's "Denise 1.9" Virtual Assistant is a flat $120. How accurate is the DailyStar's $20/year price mention in light of that, and/or will the Realbotix-branded version be substantially different enough as to warrant such drastically different pricing? Additionally, will Denise 2.0 be substantially revamped enough to feel less like a talking search engine and more like an actual companion, or will that sort of feature be the sole purview of the Realbotix-branded product?
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

Thanks. An interesting article indeed.

kingmuck
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by kingmuck »

Here's another interesting article that I saw in a British paper today.

http://www.metronews.ca/features/metro- ... -love.html

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

If Harmony is anywhere near as good as verbots were in 1998 and later, then they will be doing well.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

manobon
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by manobon »

Anyone hear of any updates?

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

manobon wrote:Anyone hear of any updates?
You can always get a bit of information here and there by keeping an eye on Abyss's Instagram page, or by browsing around the (frequently barren but prone to bursts of activity) ClubRealDoll forums. It rarely amounts to more than a photo or new speculation, but it's another avenue for the thirsty consumer.

Outside of that, the Harmony/Denise Realbotix application is anticipated to be released in April. Cost of entry is expected to be very minimal. That alone will be a huge piece of the Realbotix puzzle, available to all for a mere pittance. 'Till then, we'll mostly just keep theorizing and replaying Instagram clips of Harmony.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Omg

Yesterday I was "chatting" with the Google assistant and thought this is getting quite good. I wonder if there are any bot software that could be adjusted for a doll.

And then I found this thread! Holy shit. If this is half as good as it sounds it will be awesome. And in 2 or 3 years it will be... :)

If the sw is available for all. Surely it must very doable to mod an existing doll. With Bluetooth speaker and mic inserted into the head.

This is something I will look into more.

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

At first I thought this was only an ai project.

After looking more the Rd robot is something completely different. That's unbelievable, I didn't think robot tech was that far.

Time to start saving money...

symmes

Post by symmes »

As I understand it, most voice-recognition tools, like Alexa and Siri, work in part by passing queries on to big servers on the Internet. Application of this technology to sex dolls or robots has obvious privacy implications. Heck, we're already there, over mere vibrators:

https://www.cnet.com/news/internet-conn ... vacy-data/

Personally, any sex robot I buy will keep our intimate relations just that, not pass them on to her manufacturer, where the data could easily leak or be abused.

INFORMATIONS