Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Abyss/Boy Toy/wicked Mini Doll anyone?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ChallengerRT

Abyss/Boy Toy/wicked Mini Doll anyone?

Post by ChallengerRT »

Greetings,

New member, but long, long time lurker here.

We all know other vendors (especially Asian vendors) have produced and marketed 65cm to 125cm mini dolls, which could be a real plus for interested doll owners who would consider a doll, but want to avoid the cumbersome weight, difficult to conceal size and overall hassle of handling and cleaning a full-size 50 to 80lb doll. (no offense to full-size doll lovers!)

One pervasive problem with many of the minis out there, however, is the questionably young looking faces that are being produced and marketed. This, unfortunate reality, in my opinion, sends a lot of prospective, interested, mini doll buyers running straight for the hills...and for good reason. A testament to this unfortunate reality is customs seizures of some of these dolls.

IMO, there's millions of "fleshlight" owners out there who would readily warm up to the thought of owning a sexy looking, fully-functioning :D, mature faced, light, easy to handle, clean and conceal mini doll, but, understandably shy away from the questionably younger looking dolls being marketed.

John, from DS Doll (Doll Sweet) has stated they are re-working their 100cm minis with more mature heads and larger breasts, along with correcting skeletal issues. This is a very wise move, and if done correctly, they will sell a lot of these dolls.

Frankly, I am perplexed why a Abyss, a pioneer in the doll world, hasn't tapped into this potentially huge market and produced a MATURE FACED mini for it. Apparently, they're working right now on a "non-sexual" mini. Why not take the next step up?

Abyss dolls are works of art that are worth the price. I think a nice, slim, scaled-down Abyss doll in the 90cm, 20lb (not over 25lb.!) range would fit the bill nicely.

Maybe Abyss is scared of these dolls encroaching on sales of their full-size dolls? But, it seems to me, it would be easier to sell say, 1,000 high quality mini Abyss dolls at $2,000 to $3,000 than 100 full-size dolls at $6,000 to $7,000.

IMO, the only "possibly available" doll that really fits the bill of a clearly mature mini is a Sanhui 92cm body, 88cm mature head "hybrid," conceived by Sandro of Doll Studio. He (Sandro) took the unboxed 92cm mini doll, removed the "Miki" (too young looking head, IMO), and replaced it with the gorgeous, much more mature 88cm head. (click on the link below and scroll down to where Sandro attaches the 88cm head!!).

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=77402

What you get is a compact, CLEARLY MATURE (avoid customs seizure) sexy, fully-functional, easy to lift, handle, clean and conceal 15lb. doll--that has all the visual and tactile stimulating attributes of a full-size doll, without the weight and cumbersome size.

What are your thoughts?

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Abyss/Boy Toy/wicked Mini Doll anyone?

Post by TTNLBTPD »

My best guess is they don't want to sell dolls that look like children. If they wanted to go your suggested route I'm sure they would already be doing it.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

What TTNLBTPD wrote is pretty much the issue at hand! Matt has said before that he does not wish to create (Child size) dolls for sexual activities with humans and I take my hat off to him for his high morals! :thumbs_up:

Those small child size Sex dolls can create legal troubles in many ways and that is something that he wishes to avoid and I agree with that fully myself! :thumbs_up:

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Dress The Doll like this.
whoopi_goldberg.png
whoopi_goldberg.png (158.28 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
Problem solved.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

Post by DollCuriousMaybe »

TTNLBTPD wrote:My best guess is they don't want to sell dolls that look like children. If they wanted to go your suggested route I'm sure they would already be doing it.
This. I wouldn't mess with those little dolls either if I were Abyss. And if you can't handle a doll heavier than 25 lbs, all I can ask is...

No, but seriously, I don't know what your situation is. But I'd rather get stronger to be able to handle a doll that looks like a woman than have to stick to one that looks like a child with ridiculous breast implants.

ChallengerRT

Post by ChallengerRT »

DollCuriousMaybe wrote:
TTNLBTPD wrote:My best guess is they don't want to sell dolls that look like children. If they wanted to go your suggested route I'm sure they would already be doing it.
This. I wouldn't mess with those little dolls either if I were Abyss. And if you can't handle a doll heavier than 25 lbs, all I can ask is...

No, but seriously, I don't know what your situation is. But I'd rather get stronger to be able to handle a doll that looks like a woman than have to stick to one that looks like a child with ridiculous breast implants.
Point taken.

Disabled and/or elderly/frail doll enthusiasts that can't lift/carry full-sized dolls aside, my assertion is some buyers--even buyers strong enough to lift full-size dolls--would still like smaller mini dolls, not just because of weight, but also CONVENIENCE. Truly scaled-down smaller dolls with clearly ADULT FACES will sell without triggering customs, but I understand if Abyss wants to completely avoid smaller dolls due to legal fears.

It will be interesting to wait and see if DS (Doll Sweet) follows through and releases "improved" more adult faced minis, as their work is "on-par" with Abyss.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

This would really had been better posted in "Dolls in General" section as it is more of a calling all doll maker's question and not just Abyss.

There is another US doll maker that just came out w/a nice small silicone doll.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

rubherkitty wrote:This would really had been better posted in "Dolls in General" section as it is more of a calling all doll maker's question and not just Abyss.

There is another US doll maker that just came out w/a nice small silicone doll.
Yep, I kinda agree, but the OP is specifically after this makers thoughts and options WRT a mini...and the point you also made is valid...just ensure you post that it the right maker section...but as a clue your close... have a look through the parent topic.....http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52

Now that said..that 125 cm silicone is definately an adult doll....there is a market for it it in the silicone range for sure in a more afordable slightly lighter silicone top shelfer.....abyss should consider a mini...just not under 125 cm ATM.

OH BTW...the Ozzy way of do you even lift Bro is...

Even our roo's are hard as f@ck!

But I kinda like this one....

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Disabled and/or elderly/frail doll enthusiasts that can't lift/carry full-sized dolls aside, my assertion is some buyers--even buyers strong enough to lift full-size dolls--would still like smaller mini dolls, not just because of weight, but also CONVENIENCE. Truly scaled-down smaller dolls with clearly ADULT FACES will sell without triggering customs, but I understand if Abyss wants to completely avoid smaller dolls due to legal fears.
There is much more to this than simply legal concerns. If there even is any. We are talking pure speculation here. Is there enough of a demand to make a profit? Abyss is by no means a large company and I'm sure cannot afford to just bring products to market without any expectation of making a profit from it. So many people conveniently sweep that part of the discussion under the rug. Even large companies get themselves into financial troubles trying to be everything to everyone.
I personally see the Mechadoll's, PIB, and Ruby13's of the world bringing dolls like these to market before Abyss. Their product offerings are pretty old. Again through, would they even have the money to bring small dolls to market.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

pastydude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pastydude »

I'd buy one. Haven't been able to find a real high quality mini since Virgin Rose Doll disappeared.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

pastydude wrote:I'd buy one. Haven't been able to find a real high quality mini since Virgin Rose Doll disappeared.
There IS a new HQ mini being made by a US doll maker.
Can't post their name here as this is not their forum.
Look around. :wink:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Yep that silicone mini is a real spinner :thumbs_up: :wink: the perfect beauty for the new year to be stranded with on a island that is nice and private!

I rate that experience like crusin' in a Shelby with special agent S. :wink:

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

pastydude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pastydude »

I can totally understand why a company wouldn't want to make a mini - due to public impression or borderline legality issues. I wish I could easily get a full size, but when 1st discussing dolls with my wife, she had no problems with minis. She sees them as "toys", like her vibrator, only way cuter. When I showed her full size ones, she freaked out. Not sure if it was due to thinking I'd be a freak for getting one, or if it was cause the kids "might" find it or being jealous of how they look. As for scaled down ones, she's even dressed em up and stuff.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

A mini from this maker is long overdue. Minis ensure that people with financial or weight restrictions can enjoy enjoy dolls that they normally would not be able to enjoy
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS