Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Repair kit question

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Repair kit question

Post by Darkangel65 »

Hi guys just a general question with regards to silcone repair kit sold buy abss....is the bottled silcone separate from the adis I've are has that got to be added?.. also the pubic hair patch is that easy to apply..I want to buy for magenta
Cheers dark
Please excuse my spelling typed fast on my phone
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Repair kit question

Post by Darkangel65 »

Silcone glue in silver packet I meant
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

You might be better giving them a PM Darkangel, it's difficult to tell what you've received! You could ask Samara78 in her 'ask the docs' thread.
However, if you're doing repairs, make sure you have some acetone to wipe the area first, it gets the silicone clear of all the crap and oils so you get a better bond.
There's lots of posts on silicone doll repairs so have a search as well!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

The silicone is a 2 bottle 2 part mix and the kits all have platinum silicone in them now as a standard in whatever skin tone you need for your doll, you must specify the skin tone color. The 2 parts are mixed 1 to 1 ratio or equal parts for platinum silicone and the silver packet is silicone adhesive and actually is Silpoxy. The adhesive is used for repairing tears or finger pokes or any repair requiring high strength including using for adhesion of a pubic hair patch! You can buy just the Silpoxy or Realdoll adhesive if that is what you need as the bottles of silicone in a repair kit have a shelf life of 3 to 6 months before it becomes non usable due to age!

Like Hollows said, Acetone is a must for cleaning of the silicone surface before using the adhesive or the silicone for repairs to get the very best adhesion. Rubbing alcohol can be used if acetone is not available but, acetone is the BEST! :D

You can get this info with an email to,.. sales@abyss.com
Annette can answer your questions for you at this email address. :D

WiRay

Post by WiRay »

Acetone cannot possibly harm platinum silicone? It will evaporate before causing problems?

I ask because acetone is scary stuff, highly reactive and damaging to so many things.

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Darkangel65 »

dodgeman wrote:The silicone is a 2 bottle 2 part mix and the kits all have platinum silicone in them now as a standard in whatever skin tone you need for your doll, you must specify the skin tone color. The 2 parts are mixed 1 to 1 ratio or equal parts for platinum silicone and the silver packet is silicone adhesive and actually is Silpoxy. The adhesive is used for repairing tears or finger pokes or any repair requiring high strength including using for adhesion of a pubic hair patch! You can buy just the Silpoxy or Realdoll adhesive if that is what you need as the bottles of silicone in a repair kit have a shelf life of 3 to 6 months before it becomes non usable due to age!

Like Hollows said, Acetone is a must for cleaning of the silicone surface before using the adhesive or the silicone for repairs to get the very best adhesion. Rubbing alcohol can be used if acetone is not available but, acetone is the BEST! :D

You can get this info with an email to,.. sales@abyss.com
Annette can answer your questions for you at this email address. :D
Thanks dodge an it's the two part skin match silcone I was wanting to know about
I've emailed abss and they have just informed me they no longer stock the pubic patches
And will be selling dolls with punched hair in future.
Dark

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

WiRay, Acetone is fine on silicone but don't use it too often as it can harden the surface by it taking the oils from the surface.
Whatever you do DO NOT USE ACETONE ON TPE!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

INFORMATIONS