Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Thoughts on official Abyss stand in shower

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

The young gun

Thoughts on official Abyss stand in shower

Post by The young gun »

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has actually put their official Abyss stand in a shower to shower their Real Doll/RD2. I am curious if there was any signs of slipping (the stand) and if there was any signs of wear to the stand. I am thinking ahead for rust, the padded backing ect ect. I think I could put a plastic bag over the padded back and doll head and keep everything dry hopefully but would like some feedback before I try anything brave.

Also I do have a finger poke that I sealed up (afaik). Do I need to take any additional precautions with a actual bath? Usually I just do sponge baths.

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Thoughts on official Abyss stand in shower

Post by upsux »

Personally I would consider it a tremendous risk - assuming there is room for the stand, the Doll, and yourself you'll be faced with getting her on/off the stand on a slick, wet surface. That aside you still risk getting water where it can do tremendous harm to your Doll and/or stand.

Head to Toys R Us and buy a kiddie wading pool for $6.
Put two legs of the stand into the pool and your Doll on the stand with her feet off the ground.
Give her a nice warm sponge bath and go easy with water.
Pat her dry and apply the powder of your choice.
Once she's off the stand just dump the little pool into the shower or back patio.

All done!

I have the benefit of a gantry, but the method is still the same and that's how I'd do it without the gantry.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

I do have a gantryish stand as well. I had the darnedest time trying to get it in the shower. Maybe Ill try it again and see if I can wedge it in there.
Attachments
DSCN1797.JPG
DSCN1797.JPG (2.16 MiB) Viewed 2800 times

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

You have everything you need minus the little pool - I got mine for $6 and it works amazing with a gantry, I even have the obligatory low-res cell phone pic to prove it! :D

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

That looks pretty sweet Upsux. I need to get one of those tiny wading pools! :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

I'll head into town tomorrow and pick up a small pool if any are still in stock. I can easily get my gantry style stand in the bathroom but not in the tub. Maybe Ill go all out and get one of those screw in shower wands just for easy in depth cleaning sessions.

What soap brand and cleaner (washcloth loofa ect) do you guys use? I bought some soft soap antibacterial hand soap but think I can do better. With that being said I do not want to end up causing damage either.

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

Don't use anything abrasive - definitely not a loofa! I use soft microfiber towels and just a little bit of dish soap in warm water. A bit of rubbing alcohol if necessary. Carefully, gently rubbing and blotting.

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Don't put the whole thing in the shower - if you don't have a clean small bucket at home already buy a little beach bucket at the toy store, seriously. I put a few drops of shower gel into the bucket and half filled it with warm water from the tub. For a wash cloth I used a soft microfiber cloth I picked up at the grocery store (3 for $3) and soaked them in the bucket and gently washed Taylor down in the middle of the living room.

Rinse your Doll off into the pool once the washing is done and powder her up before removing the pool. As long as you keep your composure all the soap, water, and powder will collect into the pool which can then be easily emptied so there is nothing else to clean.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

I've been considering installing a heavy duty eye bolt into the rafters over the shower.

I'd really love to shower with Jess at bath time!

The eye bolt would go around the mid point on the length of the tub.

That eye bolt though... I'm pretty sure there would be questions asked if company dropped by!

Not that that ever happens....
My Doll Album is here!

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I have the convenience of a garage and utility room on my ground floor. I just washed both girls today. The garage has a concrete floor so there is no issue of soapy water on it. I run a hose from my utility sink to the garage, get the girls wet. Soap them up and rinse. I picked up a terrific tip from the good Mr Alottahope. Once your girl is wet, brush on shaving cream. Foam works better than gel and it is less expensive. The shaving cream lifts the dirt off and keeps it off of the silicone when it is rinsed, better than soap alone. I hose her off, towel her dry, bring her in the house. Then open the garage door and hose the garage out, and bring the car back in. :wink: I like to powder the gals in the bedroom or the Foxxhole because then I can take my time to give each a nice powder massage. But that's just me.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Interesting tip TJ_Foxx I would of never guessed shaving cream would do that to silicone. I guess its safe to say RD2 can take a lot of different cleaning methods. I saw a thread earlier where the silicone skin peeled off and afaik its still kind of a mystery why it happened. I kind of think it was the cleaning device itself. I guess as long as I use a very soft cloth just about anything can be used. (Just a guess don't blame me if something bad happens to anyone's RD2)

INFORMATIONS