Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Has anyone bought the RD Pubic Hair kits?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Has anyone bought the RD Pubic Hair kits?

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Not sure how sold I am on the glue-on patch approach. My big concern is its lifespan. The one advantage I see of it is the ability to shape it the way you want. I guess you could also take some to make underarm hair of it if your into that. My other doll has punched pubic hair but it was done at the factory.

Anyway, anyone with review/advise is appreciated.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Has anyone bought the RD Pubic Hair kits?

Post by Karrot »

I know its not the RD kit, but Xiaoli's pubic hair is done with 2 stick on patches from DS. I simply took a while to position and consider before using silicone to make them permanent. Theres no sign of them coming off after a year or so and they conform to her as she moved just fine.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

I saw this post on a different doll manufacture.. I wonder if PVA glue is safe for RD as well? I kind of want to eventually try something similar myself.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... pubic+hair

lisabt3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lisabt3 »

I bought a patch and used it on my RD2 years ago. I found it difficult to apply and look professional, perhaps it was just me. After a while the glue around the edges of the patch began to show, making it look unattractive. Trying to cut the dry glue away did not work well, so my solution was to color it the color of the pubic hair using an appropriately colored eyebrow pencil. It helped a bit, but was not the greatest solution.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

The young gun wrote:I saw this post on a different doll manufacture.. I wonder if PVA glue is safe for RD as well? I kind of want to eventually try something similar myself.

Yes, PVA is fine on silicone too, but it wont last long. i did similar on my Ruby not long back but it was flaking off after a week. The nice thing with PVA is that if you mess up it just washes off with warm water.
IMG_4450.JPG
IMG_4450.JPG (116.79 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

I believe this is the look will be going for but in blonde or brown.

I may do a wide landing strip instead. It won't be a jungle.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Karrot wrote:
The young gun wrote:I saw this post on a different doll manufacture.. I wonder if PVA glue is safe for RD as well? I kind of want to eventually try something similar myself.

Yes, PVA is fine on silicone too, but it wont last long. i did similar on my Ruby not long back but it was flaking off after a week. The nice thing with PVA is that if you mess up it just washes off with warm water.
IMG_4450.JPG
Karrot
Good to know thanks! I asked Abyss and I got the standard "nothing outside of whats done here in the factory is recommended" routine. I might buy a spool of mohair yarn and a tube of PVA and try a design or two myself.

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Let me ask this question. For those that have bought RD's with pubic hair was it punched in or one of thee glue-on patches?

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Courtney's has lasted for years! :D
Attachments
DSC07856.JPG
DSC07856.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 3581 times

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

TTNLBTPD wrote:Let me ask this question. For those that have bought RD's with pubic hair was it punched in or one of thee glue-on patches?
Glue on. RD2 and a BT
My Doll Album is here!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

TTNLBTPD wrote:Not sure how sold I am on the glue-on patch approach. My big concern is its lifespan.
I inquired when I ordered my BT doll.

They no longer offered punched at that time. Was told glue on and punched have about the same life expectancy. They will both 'wear off' if 'whatever' you are doing with the doll results in rubbing action against the pubic hair area.

Glue on will rub off. Punched will pull out.

Neither of my dolls lost any hair, the BT doll was 5 years old. RD2 is 1 year old.
My Doll Album is here!

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

This was glued on many years ago! :D

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

I did Jades Pubic hair myself, I was quite happy with the result, it has lasted well, a quick comb and its all good again :D
I do like the effect, though once you go there that's it as it is glued on so permanently marring the smooth shaved look, you cant really go back easily.

Fitz62
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Fitz62 »

I used the real doll patch but cut the hair from the webbing. I then used a felting needle, which can be purchased at a craft store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby, to punch it in to the silicone. I didn't use any glue. It stays fine and looks real and if you get tired of it just pull it out. The needle is so fine that the silicone heels itself and leaves no marks.

I like is all natural so I purchased two patches to have enough hair. If you put it on the sides of the crotch around the vagina opening, this will pull out some during sex and will have to be re punched with the felting needle.

Good luck!

Fitz

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Fitz62 wrote:I used the real doll patch but cut the hair from the webbing. I then used a felting needle, which can be purchased at a craft store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby, to punch it in to the silicone. I didn't use any glue. It stays fine and looks real and if you get tired of it just pull it out. The needle is so fine that the silicone heels itself and leaves no marks.

I like is all natural so I purchased two patches to have enough hair. If you put it on the sides of the crotch around the vagina opening, this will pull out some during sex and will have to be re punched with the felting needle.

Good luck!

Fitz
So I am now very curious. I thought I saw this idea somewhere else on the forums. I specifically asked Abyss about adding hair to an eyebrow and pubic hair in this manner and they suggested to not do this. Any chance I could convince you to post a close up shot of your work? I might end up trying this myself if a few people have done this without any type of issue.

INFORMATIONS